Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Well tonight the lass has Labanoon booked, she started marketing it seriously about two weeks ago and at close of play last night we were three quarters booked with deposits or full payment. I have been holding my breath but its appears that I did not need to, as now she has a full house.

These bands are very expensive so usually small places such as ours, (we only hold a maximum of about 300 on a concert night), can seldom afford them. Having said that this is her 4th concert and two of the previous bands have made it known that they would like to return and will adjust their costs to help us do so.

This has not been an easy road for her but she has smiled throughout the difficult times so as to keep the staff motivated, despite a few tears she has kept on pushing and at last can feel the sun on her back again. Its been a dark journey she has had to walk, however I can see the growth in her. Evil_Grin2.gif

She set out to have a live music venue with great Thai food where anyone could come and be welcome and not feel intimidated, she is almost there hello09.gif for those of you that have helped her along the way by coming and joining us for an evening I say thank you. To those of you that have yet to do so I say, step outside your comfort zone and give your Thai lady a night that will have her up dancing. By doing so you will also be helping to squash the old saying about needing a large fortune to end with a small one. If my lass with no formal education in her younger years can get up and do it then it proves anyone can, if they are willing to work hard and make a few sacrifices.

Hope to see more of you in the coming months, thanks again to those that have helped her along this road of discovery.

• Upvote 3
  • 3 months later...

My PM to Cerberus after Monday night out at Samran Saisam:

"Hi

I went to Samran Saisaù with my lady of the moment K this evening, we saw Wassana and had a GREAT time - excellent food (Raw Shrimp Salad and Green Chicken Curry, great staff and service, we both sang with band (not as well as our semi-pro past should have made it - 1K tip for them), and got a few bottles in for a drink on the terrace with them after closing.

A really marvellous evening.

Flo sends regards!

Andy"

The band is really excellent - lots of different singers and a partial musician change half way through the evening - a real show with the singers (some very pretty girls) dancing in some nice costumes... great way to have a Thai evening.

Half bottle of Sangsom 280bht, I think, with unlimited mixers - we ended up having two....

Neither K nor I are used to singing with monitors so we were a bit under par (not much of a crowd on Monday night so no harm done) and I got the words to Hotel California wrong again - and the video's on their FB page - OMG!!!!!!

Andy Cap

Samran Saisam 2.JPG

Samran Saisam.JPG

Edited by capdagde
  • Upvote 1

A big thumbs-up for this place. I took my girl Em there for the first time last night, arriving at around 9.30 which was much too early. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the food delicious and quick to arrive. For the first time ever in a restaurant, Em asked if we could go again, as she loved the food. The bill for two was 1040 Baht for tom yam talay, chicken wings and a prawn dish with rice plus two large Leos and two Schweppes. Very reasonable for the quantity and quality. Highly recommended, but go much later than we did if you want music and atmosphere.

Uncle Ron Bushcraft called me for directions yesterday before his evening out as he'd driven past the place, easily done.

Just for the record - Samran Saisam (Saisam means 3rd Road of course - light goes on) - is about 2/3 of the way between Klang and Nua. Look out for the red Thai neon sign in the pic above on the right, it'll be dark so that'll work. DIRECTLY OPPOSITE is a place called Atmosphere with black writing in English on a white light box.

Hope to get back there before home time - maybe with Uncle Ron!!!!

Wehey!

Andy

A big thumbs-up for this place. I took my girl Em there for the first time last night, arriving at around 9.30 which was much too early. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the food delicious and quick to arrive. For the first time ever in a restaurant, Em asked if we could go again, as she loved the food. The bill for two was 1040 Baht for tom yam talay, chicken wings and a prawn dish with rice plus two large Leos and two Schweppes. Very reasonable for the quantity and quality. Highly recommended, but go much later than we did if you want music and atmosphere.

What time would you recommend?

Dunno really, place is officially open until 2 am. There was hardly anyone there when we left at 10.30, so after 11 I guess. Maybe Cerberus can offer a suggestion.

• 5 months later...

Well the deals done;

INNER SOUL Will be featuring at Samran from this Wednesday 4 nights a week, to start with

post-344-0-80648000-1482840549.jpg

The band will be covering such as Reggae, Rhythm & Blues, Motown, Top 40 amongst other stuff

On Trombone we have;

post-344-0-51626600-1482840574.jpg

With a solid bass brother from Jamaica

post-344-0-00957800-1482840596.jpg

They are supported by a mean drummer

post-344-0-01658300-1482840617.jpg

And to add some cool keyboard with a voice to go with it

post-344-0-81026200-1482840632.jpg

With main vocals supplied by the gorgeous Marina

post-344-0-85162800-1482840660.jpg

8.30pm till 11pm starting Wednesday through Sunday, (Not Saturday this week due to a prior booking before contracts were signed)

For late dwellers we then have our resident Thai Band playing through till 3am

Great food, excellent prices, no cover charge live bands, security by professionals.

Why pay more to relax and enjoy a great night out when its all there at Samran. Groups or parties? we will give you the best deal in town just drop by and speak to mine host Wassana, (be nice though Evil_Grin2.gif that's my wife

• Upvote 2

Brilliant, professional sound system as well, and the food is exceptional and very well priced indeed.

We expect to see a couple of youtube links later on Dog.

Edited by Butch

Brilliant, professional sound system as well, and the food is exceptional and very well priced indeed.

We expect to see a couple of youtube links later on Dog.

I hear you, if I send you the raws can you do the editing and posting on youtube for me? Please

Edited by Cerberus

Why pay more to relax and enjoy a great night out when its all there at Samran. Groups or parties? we will give you the best deal in town just drop by and speak to mine host Wassana, (be nice though Evil_Grin2.gif that's my wife

Do you now have a Baht bus service enabling customers to get to and from your restaurant?

Do you now have a Baht bus service enabling customers to get to and from your restaurant?

No not as of yet, as it has not been needed. When "Inner Soul' truly kick off we will look at having our own Tuktuk. Right now Baht buses run the length of third road though.

You can find us here;

post-13086-0-76707300-1482928296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cerberus
  • Upvote 1

No not as of yet, as it has not been needed. When "Inner Soul' truly kick off we will look at having our own Tuktuk. Right now Baht buses run the length of third road

Thanks. It was the public service I had in mind.

Do not know if you were there but what a great night, if you were, thank you. I know you had a great night and it was still going full pelt . If you were not there, why not? A great night out and a great price point you cannot better, a fraction of the the price of WS and twice the fun.

post-344-0-71039100-1482951267.jpg

post-344-0-79122000-1482951496.jpg

Edited by Cerberus
  • Upvote 1

Hey Everybody This week you can party with Inner Soul at the Samran Live Music Lounge. Tonight and Friday ......The show starts at 8:30 and anyone that 'Checks In' on Facebook before 9 pm will receive a 10% discount on their bill! Great Food in a Relaxed Atmosphere with Reasonable Drink Prices, away from the hassle of walking street!!!!

After this Inner Soul will be beating it out Thursday through Sunday every week, along with our own Thai band that gets the girls up dancing.

post-344-0-32306800-1484208649.jpg