Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Check-in for upgrade EVA

Hello everybody,  :)

I'm due to fly on an EVA flight to bkk from lhr soon and was just wondering if checking in early or late increases your chances of being given a free upgrade?

Unlikely anyway I know but.........

P.S. I've joined their evergreen club, but have yet to fly with them.

Cheers chaps.

Generally speaking airlines will only give free upgrades to their frequent flyer that have reached premier or elite status when cheap seats are all filled and they have extra passangers.

16 days untill my butt is fillin one of those cheap seats.....

Eva has a bit of a strange policy about upgrading and you have to upgrade each segment separately.  Because of this, there are a number of people who upgrade themselves for the long segment from the States to Taipei but don't worry about the shorter flight to Bangkok.  Anyway, those people get upgraded about half the time on the shorter flight but you can pretty much forget about an upgrade from Economy to Evergreen Deluxe if you aren't upgrading even part of the flight.

Cheers

I have found that Evergreen delux is more oversold than economy out of LHR, a mate of mine travelled BKK/LHR 22 Nov and had a row to himself in Y, but E/green oversold by 2.

You could try turning up late, but you run the risk of getting a crap Y seat for your effort- good luck  ;)  

If you have 15,000 miles with Eva you are allowed 1 free upgrade on 1 long haul flight.  If available you can try to pay extra at the airport for an upgrade but it is not free.

good luck

kj

KJ

I just tried to upgrade my LAX-TPE leg from Delux to Biz, and they want 30,000 miles  ;)

I could swear I have done this upgrade before and it was 30k for round trip.  But on the phone they are adamant it is 30k for one way.

Kinda gonna start looking for a new airline.  Course, in 2005 (even though I hate their guts) I am going to fly Thai Air non-stop LAX-BKK.  So what I hate them.  That should save around 3-5 hours travel time.  Gotta love it.

KJ

I just tried to upgrade my LAX-TPE leg from Delux to Biz, and they want 30,000 miles  ;)

I could swear I have done this upgrade before and it was 30k for round trip.  But on the phone they are adamant it is 30k for one way.

Kinda gonna start looking for a new airline.  Course, in 2005 (even though I hate their guts) I am going to fly Thai Air non-stop LAX-BKK.  So what I hate them.  That should save around 3-5 hours travel time.  Gotta love it.

I've only upgraded from Economy to Deluxe.  I've never been in Business class, I am poor white trash ;D.  I like to fly Deluxe, I'd save the miles for later, then again I sleep most of the way anyway.

LAX to BKK, that is one long flight, hope I sleep that long.  Xanax and Benedril should do it.

cheers

kj

40 days and counting.

KJ

I'm poor white trash too - only I got lucky and hit the jackpot and got money now.   ;D

A non-stop ought to be about 16 hours  I would guess.  Best bet, board, read until dinner.  Eat and drink several scotch and water (or poison of your choice).  Warn flight attendants that waking me for a meal is a death sentence - theirs.  Take sleeping pill.  Put on Bose headphones.  Eyeshades.  Pull blanket over self and sleep for at least 10 hours.

Have now killed 12 hours.  Only 4-5 left.  Read a bit.  Boink the attendant if she is cute, sleep a bit more, eat and voila - we are in Bangkok.

BTW, 40 days huh?  I'm down to 37 myself.  Na  na na na naaaa naaaa.   8)