Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hooters on Beach Road- The Food (updated Dec. 20, 2016)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a review of the food that is served at the newly opened Hooters on Beach Road near the intersection with Soi 13. A discussion of the other aspects of Hooters can be found in the "Gogo and Bar

It had been awhile since I had had a meal at Hooters, but when I dropped in Monday night to book a couple of seats for Xmas dinner, I decided to try the food again. At around 8.30 p.m

Is it normal to serve a shrimp po' boy sandwich with tail shells still on? Personally, I don't eat shells, but I know some that don't care. But honestly, I don't want to have to play with the contents

Posted Images

Strange that they don't use a "French style" baguette, which is widely available, for the Po'boy; Maybe they perceive more sales to Asian clientele, who from my observations, far prefer soft doughy bread. I try not to compare prices in Thailand with those back home, wherever that may be, but the 33% mark-up surprises me somewhat. I don't see much on the menu that would have to be imported other than the "Angus steak", although that breed has been introduced into Thailand. Staff wages are also going to be greatly reduced from those abroad. Have they indicated to you at all, that everything is being imported in from the States?

Food looks good. Prices seem too high and no pics of the girls.

Thats because the girlie pics are in the other thread mentioned in the opening post.

Is it normal to serve a shrimp po' boy sandwich with tail shells still on? Personally, I don't eat shells, but I know some that don't care. But honestly, I don't want to have to play with the contents of a sandwich (removing the shells) before I eat it.

• Upvote 3

Is it normal to serve a shrimp po' boy sandwich with tail shells still on? Personally, I don't eat shells, but I know some that don't care. But honestly, I don't want to have to play with the contents of a sandwich (removing the shells) before I eat it.

I removed the tails with the blade of my knife.

Someone told me a bottle of San Mig was 160 baht ?

I paid 150 baht for a SML.

Evil

:devil

Look's like good food there Evil , but at those prices i will stick with going to the pattaya beer garden , same food half the price.....

Maybe if the custom drops off a bit after the initial opening they may drop the prices to a more reasonable amount .

• Upvote 1

Look's like good food there Evil , but at those prices i will stick with going to the pattaya beer garden , same food half the price.....

Maybe if the custom drops off a bit after the initial opening they may drop the prices to a more reasonable amount .

I agree and hope the same. I like US comfort food although eat it rarely as I don't need the kilos....

And although EP felt the ribs were not out of line at 460 baht I am used to getting them at home for substantially less. The Mrs does them well and and has found a few stalls where she can get the ribs not chopped into small pieces and with plenty meat left on them... Naklua market if early and Nerm Plab Wan if she is later.

The portion of coleslaw looked derisory!

I can't remember what I last paid at Lone Star for ribs but there they were substantial and had better sides.

Great review EP.

Edited by jacko

I might have given Hooters a try even with the high prices but I read in another thread that their is no air conditioning. The no air conditioning will keep me from ever trying the place.

Well neither has the beer garden and many other places. Fine this time of year but I doubt I would eat there on a hot April afternoon.

The PBG is differently priced.

I will probably visit Hooters once to check it off my list - but I wish they had stayed away :-D

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

I might have given Hooters a try even with the high prices but I read in another thread that their is no air conditioning. The no air conditioning will keep me from ever trying the place.

Think what the prices would be if they had that electric bill to pay.

At the Hooters in Honolulu, there's also no AC as it's an "Open Air" restaurant, but it's on the Aloha Tower pier and Hawaii has 'trade winds.' I also compared menu prices between them and the food prices are almost exactly the same, but not sure about the drinks.

• 3 weeks later...

I read that you don't like them, so this isn't about you or your great reviews, Evil.

But a Hooters review without its wings feels odd. It's the only thing worth eating in the (stateside) bars IMO. Wings, beer, and sports on TV. Nothing else on the menu -- save this Latina waitress at the San Antonio Riverwalk Hooters last week -- appeals to me.

Where did you get that receipt from, Gabor, because I can't believe you would knowingly go in a place that overcharges so much and hand over that sort of money, unless someone barfined you and you said you were from Hungary and they though you said you were..........?

KM

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Where did you get that receipt from, Gabor, because I can't believe you would knowingly go in a place that overcharges so much and hand over that sort of money, unless someone barfined you and you said you were from Hungary and they though you said you were..........?

KM

He pulled it from a Facebook review of Hooters.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

He pulled it from a Facebook review of Hooters.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Good - I was getting worried (like keyman)

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

What on earth is a baja burger made of?....... Finest dry-aged Japanese imported wagyu beef ?!? :rolleyes:

Beef patty, melted pepper jack cheese, guacamole and pico de gallo, aka salsa fresco on a brioche bun. Pics are from the Net. I have no idea whether the Baja Burgers at Hooters Pattaya look like this.

BajaBurger.jpg

Do ya get fries (chips) with that?

Curly fries, a pickle and small side of coleslaw.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

10% service! Are many places in Pattaya doing that now?

My understanding is the price you see on the menu is inclusive of service and VAT and they just separate it out on the final bill.

Most places in Patts still don't add service to the bill, it tends to be something you see in high end places such as the big hotels.

My understanding is the price you see on the menu is inclusive of service and VAT and they just separate it out on the final bill.

Most places in Patts still don't add service to the bill, it tends to be something you see in high end places such as the big hotels.

So the rack price you see on the menus actually includes VAT + Service 10%?