Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

cheap insurance

Willis First Response 0800 224422

54 pounds for annual travel insurance. Can have as many trips as you like of up to 60 days duration.

If your trips are closer to three months duration, try; Liverpool Victoria 0800 373 905

http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/custome...otecting/travel

Tip for LV, leave out the USA/Canada option, if you don't plan to go there. Cuts the premium substantially. You can add waiver excess if you wish.

Don't bother shopping around, you won't find anything better, if you are looking for annual insurance.  :)

My travel insurance is with the same company as my household insurance - I have an annual policy.  It may be worth seeing what your houshold insurance nompany will quote you for travel insurance as you may get a discount from them.

Alan

Try www.moneysupermarket.com . Good for searching for the best deals on many items like credit cards , banking & insurance . You just put in your requirements & they will bring up what you need .

Derek

Good ideas. But the panoply of policies will only serve to confuse you.

What may look like a cheaper policy will cost you in terms of policy excesses and trip length to name but two catches.

Don't bother, go for the cheaper option if you're strapped for cash or the LV with the excess waiver option if you want comprehensive cover.

I'm assuming a policy covering you for a years worth of travelling is what you want, seeing as you didn't mention how long your trip was for and how many you would be taking.

Both I mentioned are Worldwide policies, not the cheaper european policies you'll see advertised.

If you do wish to compare, look for the amount of excess(the amount that you have to pay of any claim, some cheap policies are as much as 250 pounds excess) and maximum trip length and the maximum days in a year you can spend abroad.

WFS had a 35 pound excess at last count.

LV, 50 pounds, though this can be reduced to zero.

The research has already been done...

BTW, the 'optional baggage cover' with the LV is automatically included. You have the option of removing it if you already have this cover on your household insurance.

Its also worth checking with your bank !

I found that the Gold Account I have with my bank gave me and the wife free worldwide Insurance.

I was a bit dubious about it so rang them and they sent me details of the policy and it really was quite good.

Cost me £21 to add my daughetr to the policy.

You can also upgrade it to a Ski-ing insurance for a small amount too. Just mind out for those black runs and moguls in Pattaya !!!

Direct Travel Insurance offers a worldwide multi trip policy for £51 and you can pay £15 extra for excess waiver,this policy excludes winter sports cover but it includes north american travel.I very much doubt if there is a better deal about.

That's pretty good Ranger - I paid £53 last year with Halifax for an annual policy. This also excludes winter sports, but as I don't go skiing, that aint a problem for me. Bank of Scotland was cheaper (about £45) but the price was put up following Halifax's takeover (sorry, merger) of the Bank of Scotland.

The only slight downside is that to get this price you also have to have your household policy with the Halifax.

Alan

That's pretty good Ranger - I paid £53 last year with Halifax for an annual policy. This also excludes winter sports, but as I don't go skiing, that aint a problem for me. Bank of Scotland was cheaper (about £45) but the price was put up following Halifax's takeover (sorry, merger) of the Bank of Scotland.

The only slight downside is that to get this price you also have to have your household policy with the Halifax.

Alan

Sorry, you are wrong. I get my travel insurance through the Halifax, but all other insurance I get elsewhere.

Regards,

Andy

read the small print .you will not be coverd for motorbikes,diving etc,and do you really want to scimp

on medical insurance they dont have amex signs outside the hospitals for nothing

dont know about cheap but i suggest you have a look at this site....http://www.nsihc.com/products.htm ......the last thing youd want or need is to have a megga fuck up in LOS and not be covered.