Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What is a Canadian? (esp for MGDN)

I like Canadians............

You can always spot them in Pattaya........They're the ones that say 'Thank you' to the ATM machines.........Or if you accidentally step on their foot they apologise.

Best thing about them from a Brit's point of view is that they have a sense of humour........and they can spell it.

• Upvote 4

You can always spot them in Pattaya........They're the ones that say 'Thank you' to the ATM machines.........Or if you accidentally step on their foot they apologise.

Best thing about them from a Brit's point of view is that they have a sense of humour........and they can spell it.

it

I have not met enough Canadians to be able to form any opinion about them as a Nationality. Never been there either. But from what I read it is quite a wealthy country, where French is spoken as well as English. I have noticed though, that there is sometimes a little antagonism between US and Canada and wonder why that is ?

Gun crime seems to be far lower than it is in the USA, so that must be a good thing.

Edited by Gawd Elpus

A Quebecois guest in an Edmonton Hotel phoned room service for some 'pepper'

'Certainly sir....Black pepper or white pepper?' Asked the concierge.

'Toilette pepper'

• Upvote 3

I have not met enough Canadians to be able to form any opinion about them as a Nationality. Never been there either. But from what I read it is quite a wealthy country, where French is spoken as well as English. I have noticed though, that there is sometimes a little antagonism between US and Canada and wonder why that is ?

Gun crime seems to be far lower than it is in the USA, so that must be a good thing.

Canada is bigger than the USA in area, but has 10% of the population, about equal to that of the state of California.

Undoubtedly, they have less gun crime. Canadians are probably nicer than Americans, by and large, MGDN being an exception

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back in the eighties I worked at a hospital in Dhahran and was having a casual conversation with our ophthalmologist who was one of the few staff members from Canada. I think we somehow got into Canadian politics a bit and he asked me my opinion about some ongoing topic there. I was puzzled for a second and then I said, "I don't know. You do know I'm not Canadian?"

And then I immediately asked, "Why did you think I was Canadian?

"Oh, because you look Canadian."

I have met a few Canadians in my life as I am heavily into Ice Hockey and I was once asked how I would describe them in relation to Yanks, my answer was and remains , they look alike and act alike in many ways but Canadians are always more polite. Seems to have been a fairly accurate description of my own interaction with both nationalities.

Edited by sinbinjack

Thats what separates us from the Americans. That and we tend not to bully our point of view ;-)

Canadians like Americans, we have a problem with corporate america.........

• 4 weeks later...

If I were a Canadian, I wouldn't be too proud of the new prime minister. His father was a communist and as they say, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Years ago a group of us went on a fishing trip way up on the Canadian tundra. Our first stop was in Quebec. We went to a restaurant and our guide asked us to let him order for all of us. He told us that if we spoke English, we may not get served. So much for French Canadian being friendly.

I know MGDN is not a big fan of the Trudeaus. I don't know that much about them. Jr. did say something exceptionally stupid about Chinese communism in the past. On the other hand, he has a defence minister who is a combat veteran of Afghanistan.

I was living in Michigan when Sr. died in 2000 and was able to watch Canadian coverage of his passing. There seemed to be rather broad agreement that if it had not been for Pierre's actions as PM, there would no longer be a Canada. The notable thing was that the Parti Quebecois (PQ), the separatists, seemed to agree with the difference that the PQ did not think that was a good thing.

I won't go into it here because this is a humor forum, but I basically agree with Gary about the Trudeaus. Unfortunately in Canada the government media dominates everything and our national broadcaster, the embarrassing CBC, is absolutely ga-ga about them.

Now, about that spot with Triumph in Quebec City, it caused an uproar in Canada. Relations between the Francophones and Anglophones, as we call them, are prickly, and the CBC would never have aired such a bit.

Check out this article on Gothamist:

Triumph the insult comic dog poops on Canada

The Toronto Star, a sad excuse for a newspaper, penned a furious editorial, which is behind a paywall, but the leader of the NDP (far left) said this:

"I think it was vile and vicious. I think it amounts to hate-mongering." - Alexa McDonough, NDP member of Parliament.

I think it was funny as hell. :bhappy

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Canadians have as stated in my first post a reputation for being wonderfully polite........

This clip bears that out.

..........Wonderful.

Sorry....very sorry.......You'll have to click on the youtube link....Apologises

Edited by atlas2

Hockey and this is just the female players!!!! Click

some American is likely to shoot your ass for making comments like that.

:poke