Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Burapa Bike Week - anyone know anything about it?

I've seen that this takes place on 12-13th Feb (bike week only two days??) and that it is at the Eastern National Sports Training centre Soi Chaiyapruek 2 - but that's all I know.

Does anyone have any further details about this event or series of events over the next few days? They have a Facebook page, but I'm not a FB member and cannot view it.

Many thanks

KM

Have been twice and loved it,if you like things with motors you won't be disappointed. We have never been able to figure out whats on when. It would have already started and late on Sunday night bikes will still be rolling in. We pay a baht bus to take us out and then we catch motor bike taxi back to the main road as it is bumper to bumper traffic when leaving. Again can't tell you whats on when but there are things like trick rides out in the car park and battle of the stereos (in cars), this cool although its is very loud they are all hooked into the same DJ. There is a large Oval and walked around it twice on both days and still did not see every thing.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/47679-burapa-pattaya-bike-week-february-2010/

Edited by aussiechic

I went up this afternoon, mainly just to find out where it was. Had a ride around it then stopped and chatted to a couple of Brit guys about what's on. Tomorrow (well today actually!) they said to get there early afternoon and will go on till late with some pretty good bands playing. I shall be going around 2pm and stopping until i'm all biked out!!

KM

Plenty of outlaw 1%er backpatch clubs in town tonight. Saw a group of Thailand Hells Angels go into Marine earlier,followed a few minutes later by a flock of Bandidos.Anywhere else on the planet that would have led to World War Three but no violence whatsoever.The biker wars aren't part of the Thailand biker scene (apparently).

I went up this afternoon, mainly just to find out where it was. Had a ride around it then stopped and chatted to a couple of Brit guys about what's on. Tomorrow (well today actually!) they said to get there early afternoon and will go on till late with some pretty good bands playing. I shall be going around 2pm and stopping until i'm all biked out!!

KM

So,how was it KM? Worth a trip up there?

I saw a photoreport on another forum....and nearly all the photos were of cars and not bikes! And for some reason,Thais dressed as Native American Indians.

Yes, definitely. I went about 3pm, which in hindsight was a bit early if you intend staying late to watch the bands and have a few beers. Some very good bands, including Goober Gun, a British rock band. They're playing at the Blue Lagoon in Pattaya on Valentines Day (5pm) according to their website and well worth seeing.

I went up by bike and it was easy parking and easy enough when leaving about midnight. Bands were booked to play from 5.30 and the last one to START playing at 2.40 am!!

There a few cars, not masses. There are a lot of cars vying for the Battle of the Stereos and they are VERY loud! Very colourful when dark and a few have dancers doing very little on top of them. All around the place are bikes, bikes and more bikes. Big ones, little ones, shiny ones, not so shiny, custom and standard.

I also didn't get the Thai Indians either! Lots of stalls selling all kinds of stuff, but what makes this so different to other bike shows I've been to is nothing is extortionately expensive. For instance all the food is sold at a price that Thais normally pay, rather than like in the UK they ramp up the costs dramatically. There's no entrance fee so people come and go as they like. Some were still coming in when I left.

Worth going? I'd say yes, but if going for the whole day, worth taking something to sit on to listen to the bands and give yourself a break from walking around

I did take a lot of pics and video of the event and if I can figure out how to upload them from my Macbook I'll put them on, but I'm only here for another 2 days so it might have to wait until I'm back home and have more time.

KM

• Upvote 4

I've been in Phuket when they've had the Bike Week there. I'm not really a motorcycle enthusiast, but if you are it would probably be worth seeing everything. People come from all over with their bikes, I'm sure.

Maybe there's a web page aside from Facebook?

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I went saturday afternoon and thought it was quieter than previous years. Looked like Harley heaven, lots of very classy hogs around

heres some pics of the many custom bikes on display

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I went saturday afternoon and thought it was quieter than previous years. Looked like Harley heaven, lots of very classy hogs around

heres some pics of the many custom bikes on display

Love the second one that's for sale, I gather it comes with the oil leak?

First one is how to ruin a V Rod.

:thumbup

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It's that time of year again, guys - the bikers are back!

Burapa Bike Festival is on from Thursday 13 Feb to Saturday 15 Feb. the perfect place to take your loved one for Valentines day ?

See you there, chaps!

KM