Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Some tobacco is grown in this area. I can still buy a baggie full suitable for roll your own for 10 baht. A lot of locals roll their own anyways. I was on a kick to cut down and since rolling a cigarette is a pain in the ass I did cut down but I ended up going back to buying packs.

Surely a monthly 30% increase could be a good solutionto eliminate rather quickly any smoker from Pattaya agogos... :rolleyes:

A bit like the bar fines and ST/LT rates then ! :P

• Upvote 1

Some tobacco is grown in this area. I can still buy a baggie full suitable for roll your own for 10 baht. A lot of locals roll their own anyways. I was on a kick to cut down and since rolling a cigarette is a pain in the ass I did cut down but I ended up going back to buying packs.

I took some of that stuff back once as my brother was a hand-roller. He tossed it and that says a LOT!

I took some of that stuff back once as my brother was a hand-roller. He tossed it and that says a LOT!

There are several different kinds of the home grown stuff. Some very strong and others quite mild. My brother in law rolls his own and he tells me which are mild and which are strong. It appears like the old leathery old farmers prefer the strongest stuff. The brother in law prefers the middle stuff while I bought the mildest. It's probably better tobacco than cheap cigarettes.

• 2 weeks later...

At Bangkok Airport duty free cigarettes were 600 baht at Christmas. Does anybody know if this price has increased? Any recent purchases?

My guess is they will be nearer 800B

My guess is they will be nearer 800B

Yes, Leicester City will need some new players for next year's Champions League! :lol:

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Th Golden Virginia at the King Power DF is cosher and I have been smoking it for years, on account that several frequent visitor friends of mine, who are non smokers are kind enough to bring it back for me. Even with the price hikes recently, a pack of 5x50 grams works out at just under £20

I the UK, the same quantity would cost me around £87 but sold in single 50g packs. The product is the same as in the UK, except the baccy bought in King Power has very graphic symbols on the packaging, like cancerous lungs and rotting teeth etc, which I can live with.

The cost of production must be minimal and the rest is Tax.

The price of a 200 cigarette carton of Benson & Hedges in the UK is around £52 or slightly more. That is around 2600 baht per sleeve I dont know what the current price of B&H is in King Power but I suspect it is around the 800 baht mark

So in 7/11 I dont mind paying £2 for a pack of cigarettes, even though they used to be a lot cheaper. The price of Tobacco is always rising, because it is the easiest commodity to tax, along with alcohol and supposedly done on health issues.

I have seen Thai brand rolling tobacco sold in the shop at the bottom of Klang. I bought a pack on my last trip, but it was pretty ropey to say the least. And, as with Krong Thip cigarettes is is like smoking asbestos :smile:

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • 5 weeks later...

555, sorry but tobacco and quality in the same line is like cancer and inconvenience being equated.

No judgement intended but the fact that tobacco is still even allowed to be sold today given its documented carcenogenic impact is remarkable.

Thanks for that, there's always one!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, there's always one!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I agree, we should start making asbestos roofs again too!

For what it's worth I just paid the equivalent of 1512.8 THB for a 50gm pack of rolling tobacco in Australia.

I think that is about what it costs for a 5x50g pack at Thai duty free... might even be a bit less.

I have seen Thai brand rolling tobacco sold in the shop at the bottom of Klang. I bought a pack on my last trip, but it was pretty ropey to say the least. And, as with Krong Thip cigarettes is is like smoking asbestos :smile:

Re smoking 'substances.....

An interlude.

My mum was a cleaner at my secondary school.......She didn't smoke, but her work-mate Mrs Lee did.......My mum didn't swear much. But Mrs Lee 'fucked, cow'd and arseholed' all day long.......My mum described herself as Rubenesque.......Mrs Lee we called 'Benny the Ball' short, fat no neck to speak of but what hair she had left was bright ginger.

"That fucking arsehole, bastard cunt's been nicking my fags again..'f' 'a' 'b' 'c' was her name for assistant caretaker.

........"I'm going'na faaacking get the cunt'

Next day she left her fags out in the usual place...... But my mum and Mrs Lee watched through the crack of a door....Mops in mouths.

You see......each fag had been laced with ginger pubic hair......'Golden Vagina' she called it.

'f''a''b''c' saw the coast was clear and lit up drawing a deep lung-full......Then began coughing.....looked dubiously at his fag but drew another .....choked this time as the air was filled with an unusual pungency ..........a beguiling concoction of tobacco, burnt hair and something akin to the toilet seat of a Grimsby trawler...

Mrs Lee wasn't scared of showing her satisfaction ...My mum couldn't hold her back. "Those fags are full of my pubes you cunt an' there always be one of 'em in there......You don't go nicking my stuff you stealing bastard........Serves you right. 'Ope it chokes you.'

I'm told 'f' 'a' 'b' 'c'.......went green.....

Mrs Lee always kept her fags on her from then on .......My mum said she didn't trust 'f' 'a' 'b' 'c' not to slip one his own doctored fags into her packet.

OK... Back to discussing your filthy habit.

Edited by atlas2