Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

While checking my stateside bank account this morning there were 2 unauthorized charges that I am now disputing. Therefore the bank wants to cancel my debit card and issue a new one. As of right now I told them no until I figure out what the quickest way to get a new card delivered to my address here in Thailand. I've been told FEDEX is one way, what else is there that will get me my new card in the fastest most efficient way?

CB

While checking my stateside bank account this morning there were 2 unauthorized charges that I am now disputing. Therefore the bank wants to cancel my debit card and issue a new one. As of right now I told them no until I figure out what the quickest way to get a new card delivered to my address here in Thailand. I've been told FEDEX is one way, what else is there that will get me my new card in the fastest most efficient way?

CB

There's also DHL. I think it depends more on what your bank will do. Some people who've had the same problem have run up against a bank's policy that it will only send the card to the home address it has on file.

I just had one sent to me via DHL (actually a credit card), from the UK. They had much easier to find agents/locations than FedEx.

In the USA I believe that would not be an issue, simply go to each website and plug in an address, you can probably look up their prices at the same time.

The DHL came pretty fast, posted Monday, arrived quite early Wednesday. Not cheap though, about £35, ($50),

Edited by jacko

Another idea since it is fairly easy to open bank accounts (other than in Thailand and a few other countries I spend time in), and should be routine to transfer funds between them, open a second bank account for emergencies. Have that second bank card handy.

Also cash advances with no interest charges are possible by pre-funding your credit card so it has a positive balance. Travel with two credit cards, at least one of which is not from the same bank where the fraud might arise.

I bring 10 big Amex travellers cheques each trip and don't use them unless an emergency like this. Always enough to get a flight to a better country in a big hurry.