Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New, 21 Gear, Disc Brake Bikes For Sale - 6900 Baht

Sell for 4,800 Baht in India and 50% more in Thailand. There's your import fees and such. Or gross overcharging.

Good exercise since it weighs an amazing 20 1/2 kilos.

Still for $195 it is not a ton of money. For a month you can get around for $6 a day and either take it home or give it to a poor kid.

Nope. It's an example of how the Thais tax the hell out of everything imported.

The web site for this bike lists the price in India where it is made.

It is very heavy so extra exercise.

Cheap bikes - even with the Thai taxes - but too heavy.

What are the places to look for a cheap but lighter bicycle ?

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

45+ pounds is a workout for sure. I think there are threads here on bikes and possibly used bikes on the darkside somewhere as an option and IIRC rentals in Jomtien.

I'd like a bicycle next visit (as deadly as that might be, but real early a.m. rides would be OK), so let us know if you find a source.

I really should get more exercise - but think walking is too slow for getting around - riding a bicycle would be better (might be too hot though).

I don't know when I will visit next - but surely some people will have good suggestions?

Anybody know if the police are booking people for driving bicycles under the influence?

Anybody know if the police are booking people for driving bicycles under the influence?

No but......A"bloke I know from a bar", and occasional pushbike user, was regaling us a few days ago; Alledgedly one, spotting a "ting tong farang", tried to "milk him" for not wearing a helmet! :lol: Obviously he didn't cough up. (Again alledgedly!)