Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have been trawling the hotel websites looking for a place for my next Pattaya trip and the Honey Lodge seemed to fit the bill.

However, their website has been down for weeks (and just returns server gibberish) and they have not answered my emails.

It is located just around the corner where the traffic turns at the Walking street sign, about halfway between the sign and the intersection:

Honey Lodge.jpg

Has anyone wandered past there and seen any sign of a closure, renovation, development etc?

Any comments most welcome.

Edited by SlipSlopSlap

Gday slip slop slap .... Well well looks like we have the same problem with honey lodge .. I have stayed there many times and as you said so central .. I will arrive in May 16 .. I have sent 4 emails to honey lodge an bugger me no reply ... And the same as my friend no reply .. I hope we can sort this out .. If I find out any more I will let you no and viser verser

• Upvote 1

It was getting pretty run down. It's been several years ago that they refurbished the entire place. As far as I know it is still open.

Check Agoda. They have it listed. Naturally the price has gone up but the location is great. About 1,000 baht.

Edited by Gary

Gday slip slop slap .... Well well looks like we have the same problem with honey lodge .. I have stayed there many times and as you said so central .. I will arrive in May 16 .. I have sent 4 emails to honey lodge an bugger me no reply ... And the same as my friend no reply .. I hope we can sort this out .. If I find out any more I will let you no and viser verser

OK thanks Spice, if I find out anything I'll let you know.

True, it is a question of value for money with in your budget..

Just as an aside, I quite fancied LK Mansions, mainly because it is a perfect site for me, but the buggers have no internet at all, they must have so much money in corrupt land, that they couldn't care less.

I have just discovered their Facebook page. No updates for years, but a different number:

+66 86 943 7487 I rang it and got an answer. The thai who answered the phone seemed to be speaking English, but her answers were unintelligible (I mentioned the website was down but could not understand her at all.)
She may have been some thai mum cooking dinner and wondering who the fuck I was.

Stop the presses!!!

Spice, I think we are back in business.

I have always preferred to deal direct with the hotel, I don't trust third parties, and so sort of ignored Gary's suggestion (Sorry Gary!) but I just emailed an address from their Facebook page: newhoneylodge@gmail.com (which is different from the version I had been using)

and got this answer immediately:

Sent: Tuesday, 15 March 2016 7:06 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Booking
You can do with www.agoda.com

agoda-logo-flat.png
www.agoda.com
Only agoda members get Insider Deals! Sign up now and receive exclusive offers with huge discounts from Agoda!

With make booking find name Honeylodge on website agoda.com
Regards
Aung
Honeylodge

:lsmile

Hey thanks slip slop slap for the info mate .... I allways like to deal direct with the hotel .. And mate I have stayed at honey lodge many times .. So central good pool easy for everything .. And never had a booking problem with them before .. And now you have shine the light cheers mate I will email them tonight... By the way slip slop slap .. Book a room second or third floor with balcony facing pool sweet as bud .. And I will be there may 12 for 5 nights and then to Chiang mai for 3 nights and back to Pattaya .. So if you are in Pattaya same time we can get on the piss ??? Thank you mate

I looked in this afternoon.

They are open and the reception area looked clean and tidy - a lot better than some places I've seen.

This is copied from the hotel's card:

T. (66) 0-3842-9716, 038-429133 F. (66) 0-3871-0185

Email: honeylodgehotel@gmail.com

www.honey-lodge.com

and.....

The website is down.

Ah.. I see you;ve cracked it already.

Edited by lounge_lizard
  • Upvote 1

They have a great location and for that location, it is fairly quiet. I also like the small swimming pool as a nice place to relax and have a few beers. I do think it is overpriced and their rates need to be lower. They could also save some money by closing the sad kitchen.

• Upvote 1

I see you have sorted this out now, but I did pop in there yesterday, when passing to check for you, and all seemed to be running as normal.

• Upvote 1