Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Real India ... on Jomtien

That looks pretty good. I am a frequent visitor to The Fisherman Cafe out on the lake which is also good.

Try lamb or mutton dishes which should be on the bone.... the marrow from the bone really adds to the taste.

I thought I'd found 'Indian heaven' with this place..........That was about 2 years ago....Then the owner and chef moved. The current chef's food I thought was disappointing. Even though this place is so close I never went back. Instead I tracked the original chef to his new restaurant on soi kowtalo. Just how I like an 'Indian' to be........

Having said that, the photos here look to be an improvement on what i was served up a few years back. It's a pain going over to Kowtalo so i'll give this place another try. Thanks Gabor.

• Upvote 2

Looks good Gabor. BTW normally the onion bhahjis would be eaten as a "starter", with the curry and rice as a main; but what the hell, who cares! I always eat things in the order that I like; although I do sometimes show exasparation when the "missus" orders up and eats ice cream halfway through a meal!!

I have noticed a string of positive reports your doing about food, keep this up and you will damage your reputation. ;) :bhappy

I worry the same.... :yikes:

However dealing with the restaurants before to visit them is easier, than with the GOGO bars... At least you can see the restaurant's menu, not only the cheap beer offers... and the rest is hidden... like in the GOGO bars nowadays... In the good old days there were only one barfine prices and written on the wall....Before the GOGO bar scene wasn't a fraudulent highway robbery... And anyway... why not to try an interesting offer from an indian restaurant for the price of two ( or less ) ladydrinks ? ( Please compare the the two services )

Chicken tikka + beer menu for 199 baht

I still can’t understand why some restaurants wants to sell their food with beer, but at least I can change the beer to soda. And yes, small gesture, but I really appreciate... big bottle of soda.

For my surprise the complimentary papadam ( now I know what is it grin hangulatjel ) arrived very soon with the sensational sauces.

india9.jpg

I never tried it yet , so I googled what to await.... but so many different recipes, photos... it was still a big question for me what will be arrive... The pulao rice, just like the last time... huge portion and the tikka was made from chicken breast. A little bit I lost my mood, because I don’t really like the grilled chicken breast... usually it is too dry for my taste. And it was really grilled on the sticks, the small wholes on the middle of the meat pieces proved it. The taste of the chicken tikka was perfect for me ( I can’t compare, as I wrote, never tried yet... but I liked it very much. ) and for my surprise it wasn’t dry, but soft and friable...

india10.jpg

Ok, I know it wasn’t probably a proper step, but dropped some spicy mint sauce on the rice... and then the taste orgy... also tried it with the red sauce and I liked both, dramatically different taste effect, so one bite with red sauce, one bite with the spicy mint sauce... when the meat finished I had a few more bites, just the rice and the sauces.....being more brave, winkled out the purple onion pieces from the third sauce, and voila a good „ salad garnish „ for the meal.

india11.jpg

The portion at this time was edible, however some rice left in the bowl.

Verdict: I liked it very much... Very good value if you choose the beer option, but still OK with my soda.

PS: Sorry because of the colors... my camera sometimes become berserk when too much red color in the picture

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 3