Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New promotion at BORDEAUX restaurant -10% and set oysters

-10% all the card and 1 set oyster with 6 oysters and 1 glass white wine 590 thb only

A dozen oyters costs 50-100 baht on the beach...

• Downvote 1

A dozen oyters costs 50-100 baht on the beach...

Jeez Gabor, I would say this time of year that is risky!

Jeez Gabor, I would say this time of year that is risky!

My thoughts too. You could say that Gabor is quite literally "talking shit" there ! :llaugh :sh :llaugh
  • 2 weeks later...

What makes the oysters less "shitty" at the restaurant ?

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

Naturally occurring bacteria in oysters can make you sick. The chances of toxic concentrations are greater in oysters fished from warm waters. That's the source of the old saying about only eating raw oysters in months with an "R," which excludes May through August. However, that applies to the waters off Northern Europe and the northern part of the U.S., not tropical countries. There's actually no safe period for Thai oysters.

Moreover, oysters spoil easily and develop a different type of bacteria if not properly refrigerated. The chances of getting inadequately chilled oysters are greater from beach vendors than in restaurants. Squirting lemon juice or hot sauce on an oyster won't kill the bacteria, only cooking will.

I believe the special at Bordeaux covers oysters imported from the north Atlantic, but you might want to check that.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2