Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Dinner buffet apex hotel

I post this review as a public service warning to anyone tempted by the 250 baht a head nightly buffet dinner at the Apex Hotel on second Rd. The pictures in the foyer show an inviting mix of Thai and European food. In retrospect being required to pay in advance should perhaps have been a warning. When I got to the counter there was literally nothing that I wanted to eat. Go back to the cash desk and request a refund. No refunds. Think I might as well at least give it a try. Am brought coke instead of the coke light ordered. Guess what they refuse to change it. The cuisine can perhaps best be described as pan European slop. I try the chicken and pork. They just don't taste right.help myself to a cup of filter coffee and go to the dessert section.see ants running all over the chocolate cake so stick to the coffee. There are about a dozen other customers who all seem to be taking part in some sort of grotesque speed eating contest. Factor in surly and indifferent staff and you have one of my most depressing experiences in 25 years of visiting pattaya.

• Upvote 4

Had the same problem awhile back. They used to have a good buffet and a good variety of food. Not now. Most food cooked didn't even have any taste to it. Waste of money. Won't go back there again.

I bet that in addition to this the food was cold assuming that you want to eat it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That seems to be the case with most hotel buffet , restraints seem to do better .

Did try their breakfast buffet years back , I only enjoyed the cornflakes ,

Joe

Everyone should do their stomachs (and taste buds) a favor and avoid these sorts of buffets. You can in fact get large portions of good food for 250 baht in Pattaya.

Evil

:devil

Everyone should do their stomachs (and taste buds) a favor and avoid these sorts of buffets. You can in fact get large portions of good food for 250 baht in Pattaya.Evil :devil

Agree buffet to a fresh cooked meal is a nonstarter ,

and this section has took off as late ,

some great tips , it's inspired me to improve my palate on my next trip thanks to all for the feed back ,

Joe

Never been found of buffet food , to many if's and but's about it , i like others have said like my food brought out from the kitchen nice and hot and freshly cooked , its the only way to go really...... :thumbup

The Apex breakfast buffet used to be pretty good - I think it has gone downhill too

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

• Upvote 1

Everyone should do their stomachs (and taste buds) a favor and avoid these sorts of buffets. You can in fact get large portions of good food for 250 baht in Pattaya.

Evil

:devil

Although the 5 star hotels often offer superb buffets at prices not too far above that. The ability to sample a variety is worth the extra. I have The Holiday Inn in mind which I hear a lot of, but there are others.

Pass on the Apex (and The Lek Hotel if they still do it), where flies get too much of it!

The Apex breakfast buffet used to be pretty good - I think it has gone downhill too

+1

In 2002, it WAS pretty good. And if I remember, 85B, cheap!

2015, November. Barely edible. 150B

IF it had still been good 150 would be cheap.

Luckily for my wallet if not for my waistline I like the Bahtbuster breakfast at Retox ;-)