Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Fraser's on Jomtien

Sounded interesting the Friday special wagyu steak menu.... Must be good, so many simple gushing about the wagyu steak... Yes, I know there are no wonders in the life. I don’t know if it was wagyu or not, but it was thin, dry and almost hard... not too hard, but not tender. OK, I must to add I asked it well done and it wasn’t a regular brasilian or argentinian beef, just a simple wagyu, so it was my mistake too. The garlic mayo, worchester steak sauce was simple delicious and good portion. The potato au gratin was just right, altough a bit tasteless. The salad was fine, just too modest portion, like the really delicious balsamic dressing.

frasers1.jpg

350 baht

Verdict: It was ok, but far from the „ premium „ class. Anyway, observing their menu I found a few interesting offer, maybe the next time I will be luckier.

The small bottle soda was 40 baht on the high side.

Following the many flames ( only a lame loser order a steak " well done " ) in the FB I posted originally this report I decided to return...

I felt my duty to go back to the Frazer’s because of the heated thread I posted a week ago... Because of your comments I learnt how to order a proper steak out from South America... ( In Hungary I have small experiences, the beef is ok to cook it for hours, but crap for the steak )

I planned to order the same Wagyu steak, but medium rare... But my bad, mea culpa, whilst waiting for the waitress to order I found something more exciting on the menu: The Wellington steak... I saw some times in the reports, but never tried myself.... Ok, I know I’m a ... I should be try the same steak... This steak obviously not the same category, because of the extra ingredients and still cheaper...( even than the Friday special ) maybe the next week...
I liked what arrived on the plate... the Thick Cut Chips were fenomenal, freshly made, crunchy and tasty... It was a huge portion, I ate only the half of it.... the veggies were just right for my own taste, maybe too crispy for the others, but perfect for me....

And then I made my first mistake... I dropped some gravy on the steak... ( gravy is also a new thing to me to learn about ) The first bite was simple great, some wonderful tastes in my mouth... I thought, yesss... this gravy is something special... However I noticed, the gravy spoiled the pastry... it made it a sponge... Ok, the second bite without the gravy... and still the wondeful, still the new taste... Now the pastry was a dream, simple perfect for my taste...soft and a good add to the steak... and still the great, new taste... I anatomized the bite and found out the liver pate on the steak made this wonderful side taste... Then I started to thinking and used the gravy on the veggies and yes... I can only guess I made the right decision... it made better the veggies... not spoiled the pastry or the perfect Thick Cut Chips...

frasers2.jpg

frasers3.jpg

frasers4.jpg

All in all a great experience... However... because of the advices I ordered the steak „ medium rare „ ... and it looked like this... still dry and hard for my taste... not too much, just a little bit....but anyway...

325 baht... small soda 40 baht

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Found Fraser's on my last visit Feb had breakfast their most days. Well run clean good A/C TV and choice of drinks. The main guy got married to his Thai lady whilst there. Will return soon

attachicon.giffrasers4.jpg

All in all a great experience... However... because of the advices I ordered the steak „ medium rare „ ... and it looked like this... still dry and hard for my taste... not too much, just a little bit....but anyway...

325 baht... small soda 40 baht

Don't see how they can call that a wagyu. There are no signs of fat marbling and it looks like a typical Thai steak

And, there's no way that's cooked medium rare...it looks more like medium to medium well, probably because the steak is too thin to really cook it to order.

Don't see how they can call that a wagyu. There are no signs of fat marbling and it looks like a typical Thai steak

And, there's no way that's cooked medium rare...it looks more like medium to medium well, probably because the steak is too thin to really cook it to order.

I don't think Frasers claim to include Wagyu in the beef wellington. The wagyu Gabor referred to is the one he ordered the first time (top picture) which he ruined by having it incinerated.☺

BTW I have had the wagyu at Frasers a couple of times and it didn't look anything like Gabor's picture. It looked like a small tenderloin but was good value for the special price of 350 baht.

Edited by tallguy
  • Upvote 1

Just got back from Fraser's where I had the beef wellington, a dish I never had before. I ordered it medium which seems to be the magic word for getting a piece of meat which is done through but still moist. It was tasty but not very tender. Having some knowledge as to how you raise tender beef, that is not a great surprise. The vegetables tonight were basically coleslaw which was fine with me. I had the baked (jacketed) potato, which was excellent.

Overall it was a good meal, but like every other widely separated meal I have had at Fraser's, it did not leave me in a hurry to go back.

I don't think Frasers claim to include Wagyu in the beef wellington. The wagyu Gabor referred to is the one he ordered the first time (top picture) which he ruined by having it incinerated.☺

Yep...agree...

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks good, will be trying that after Songkran

Only on this week... and lunch. Between 11 am and 4 pm...

I'm sure it's tasty but it seems odd to serve wagyu beef in a meat pie. Then again I've had wagyu burgers (not in Pattaya) and they were superb.

The " wagyu " beef in Pattaya sounds me the same like the " model ladydrinks "... BTW.... mince the real " wagyu beef " for a burger...at this moment lost the " wagyu beef " his vantages... a simple cheat to collect more money from the snobs...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The " wagyu " beef in Pattaya sounds me the same like the " model ladydrinks "... BTW.... mince the real " wagyu beef " for a burger...at this moment lost the " wagyu beef " his vantages... a simple cheat to collect more money from the snobs...

LOL. Who uses expensive cuts of beef in a hamburger?

Someone who really likes his burgers?

It does seem a bit of a waste I'll agree. But I have a favorite wagyu burger joint in Daikanyama, a chi-chi part of west-end Tokyo, that is well worth the $15 price (includes fries). One man's poison and all that.

• Upvote 1

Fraser’s today’s black plate menu: Roasted lamb

This menu available only today, so I can’t miss it, despite I had different plans. A huge plate arrived with the generous amount of the ingredients... I simple liked the view.

frl1.jpg

The lamb was made from a fattier part of the animal and I liked it, more fatty, more lamb aromat. But sadly not. It was OK, but I don’t felt the real srong aromat, instead it was at some parts a bit chewy.

frl3.jpg

However still good, I can recommend. The new discover was for me the mint sauce, on the pictures hide behind the cauliflower cheese plate. The mint sauce added a sensational special taste for the veggies – I can only hope, I used it properly, but I liked it on this way - which were crispy as I like it... and a little bit cold. ( No problem, the weather is hot ) The roast potatoes were just perfect ( Not, not overcooked, just crispy and fine ) The cauliflower cheese was a great add, crispy cheese on the top, the cauliflower in creamy sauce.

frl2.jpg

Very friendly 295 baht

Tonic: 40 baht

Verdict: A good meal, great value, despite of the small deficiencies.. Recommended... 8/10

• Upvote 1

It does seem a bit of a waste I'll agree. But I have a favorite wagyu burger joint in Daikanyama, a chi-chi part of west-end Tokyo, that is well worth the $15 price (includes fries). One man's poison and all that.

My all time Pattaya burger is Carl Jr located in Central Festival. They use regular non prime beef. Carl's is almost as good as Five Guy's burger chain located on the USA east coast.

• 2 weeks later...

Fraser’s: Chicken curry, weekly special.

I must to state I’m not a curry expert, so only my own subjective thoughts... hehe, as usual.

The curry was a great experience, generous portion wigh huge chicken, carrot, potato chungs.... AND... I never heard about it before, pineapple chunks too... For my taste it was a gift, made the food fresher, the tastes more thrilling, just like the mango chutney was served in a small jar. ( the raisins were there with the same intention, but I simple don't like them ) The popadom and the rice was was it is, the naan was mediocre, but still good. The portion was so generous, I don’t even touched the rice and left the venue filled and happy.

225 baht including a half pint beer or a soft drink. ( Tonic water for me )

Verdict: A very nice composition for my own taste, I liked it very much.

frasers5.jpg

frasers6.jpg

frasers7.jpg

• Upvote 2

You're becoming famous Gabor....On other boards it seems.

I was having breakfast last week and one of my friends was quoting your review of a restaurant I won't name......This restaurant receives regular and positive reviews from another 'customer' who my friend felt must be blinded by love for the owner. Your piece challenged that view and was receiving general support. He even commented favourably on your writing style.

I said I know of Gabor and quoted your legendary description of one of your old flames......."She returned with more than accepted kilo meats"

I should have seen even then you were destined to become a food critic....

• Upvote 1