Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

For only the second time in eight years used this airline to go to Thailand,should have known better. Crap service and delayed return flight causing to miss connecting flight ,worst airline in coming to Pattaya for twenty years.

You get what you pay for,low cost shit airlines don't have all that expensive maintenance and training to pay for,passing the savings on to you. Lol.

This time last week I was transiting thru Peking airport, flew BKK-PEK using Air China. Old worn out airplane, had the old TVs over head and seats were either thin or used/worn out. The worst though was the transit, had to re-sign in to another airline there at the airport and it was a goat rope. Never ever again will I use Air China. China Air is the Taiwan outfit and very good from what I read, not the same as the mainland Air China.

Buys a budget airline ticket and then complains he doesnt get the trimmings of a full service airline, dont make me laugh you sound like the bogans in australia happy to pay half price for a jetstar ticket and then jump up and down when they dont get 5 star service.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Buys a budget airline ticket and then complains he doesnt get the trimmings of a full service airline, dont make me laugh you sound like the bogans in australia happy to pay half price for a jetstar ticket and then jump up and down when they dont get 5 star service.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Why are you here on this forum? All you seem to do is "rag on" and gloat over BMs reporting poor circumstances.

The OP was purely commenting on a poor airline, not trying to justify anything. You sound like one of those sermonising twats on Tripadvisor and the likes.

Goat Rope . . . never heard of that one, had to look it up great slang.

You are from the USA and you just heard the term "goat rope"? This political silly season in the USA is a complete goat rope. But if you are from the USA, it will take 27 minimum each way to get to Thailand. Expect a goat rope somewhere along the line coming or going. When a goat rope comes up, see it for what it is, don't freak out and roll with it. Mai Pen Rai.

Having flown on China Airlines, China Southern, China Eastern, and Air China from LAX via XXXX to BKK, I've had NO missed connections, particularly late, etc.

They all got me to BKK, cheaply.

On the other hand, flying Delta, domestically, MANY times.

Goat Rope . . . never heard of that one, had to look it up great slang.

Like you, I've never heard the expression, nor do I know what it means even now.

• Upvote 2

Goat rope was widely used in the military, I first heard it when I was in the Air Force. Pretty much used to mean things aren't going exactly as planned or hoped.

• Upvote 1

In all my trips to China have never used Air China or China Air always flown Thai Air.

Used China Eastern and Southern on Domestic routes.

Like you, I've never heard the expression, nor do I know what it means even now.

Try Clusterfuck

• Upvote 1

Would have been simple to just write mess :-Dhttps://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/goat_rope

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

Also never heard of it, including military background, and although the synonyms are shown; no explanation as to what the hell a rope and a goat have anything to do with it's descriptive use. Must be some "Hillybilly" thing ! :P :lol:

Found this:

US military (specifically Air Force military transport) jargon ca. 1970s-1980s, referring to an operation or undertaking involving an unnecessarily large number of people, most of them contributing nothing or actually impeding progress. Typically used to refer to flightline operations where military brass felt it necessary to make their presence felt and impede the normal duties/operations of the aircrew, offering "advice" or "assistance" that was neither requested nor needed.

"We got gear up and flaps up out of Norton (Air Force Base) on time, no sweat, but Travis was a major goat-rope and a half. We had three times as many Base Ops types and ground-pounders in the cargo compartment as crewmembers, and the only reason they finally got the hell out of the way is that they didn't want to buy a crew delay."

Well thanks for that last post LBJ, but I still have no idea how a "goat rope" has been described in the flight that Ballbag took. :clueless Oh well, it definitely isn't an Australian military term (I think I've heard them all). And also, LBJ, in Post 13, doesn't the term SNAFU more suitably fit your definition in that post. :glare:

And that gentlemen is how a thread goes somewhat off-track!

Well thanks for that last post LBJ, but I still have no idea how a "goat rope" has been described in the flight that Ballbag took. :clueless Oh well, it definitely isn't an Australian military term (I think I've heard them all). And also, LBJ, in Post 13, doesn't the term SNAFU more suitably fit your definition in that post. :glare:

Goat Rope and Clusterfuck as IT added are what you're more likely to hear in the military but yes, basically the same as snafu but not normally found in a dictionary.

Goat rope was widely used in the military, I first heard it when I was in the Air Force. Pretty much used to mean things aren't going exactly as planned or hoped.

That would explain why I was familiar with "goat rope," a similarly misspent youth.

Goat Rope and Clusterfuck as IT added are what you're more likely to hear in the military but yes, basically the same as snafu but not normally found in a dictionary.

At least in the 70s, you would occasionally hear fubar, but not as often as goat rope and cluster fuck. Edited by nkped

I think the UK equivalent slang / term to " Goat Rope " would be....." It's gone or things are going " Pear shape "........ie , not going to plan.... :thumbup

The expression is known in the US as well. "Then things really went pear shaped."

Also never heard of it, including military background, and although the synonyms are shown; no explanation as to what the hell a rope and a goat have anything to do with it's descriptive use. Must be some "Hillybilly" thing ! :P :lol:

Ditto.

I was in the military in the 1960s and never heard the term until reading this thread. From reading

the explanations it appears to be what we use to call a "Chinese Fire Drill." That is probably considered

"racist," in these, Oh, so politically correct" days.

Then there was the "Paddy wagon" and "Irish Pennants" both now considered racist slurs.

Edited by Samsonite

I had with both airlines good experiences. The China Air stewardesses were the most attractive ones.

The only really bad experience I ever had was with Jordanian Airlines. That was a nightmare; I wouldn't use them again even if it were for free