Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New rules for Songkran from the govt

Jolly good :llaugh

Of course, maybe they might have considered that seeing women dancing erotically in revealing costumes in gogo bars may excite some revellers to and crimes maybe committed as a result

Another story about the Songkran rules..

"The effort to reduce road mishaps and encourage all Thais to celebrate the Songkran festival properly, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday reiterated a tough measure to deal with drunk drivers, and to make on the spot arrest topless dancers on streets.

He said authorities must impound their vehicles immediately if drivers are drunk, and passengers must also cooperate by rejecting the rides on their vehicles.

He said “drivers must not drink while driving. Everyone wants to go home quickly but they could be killed travelling on their vehicles.”

He urged passengers to warn these drunk drivers and the police must stop drunk drivers.

As to the inappropriate dancing on the streets by teenagers showing their breasts, the prime minister said these topless dancers, be they real women or transvestites, they be arrested and fined.

“I order soldiers and the police to arrest all these dancers on the trucks.”"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"The effort to reduce road mishaps and encourage all Thais to celebrate the Songkran festival properly, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday reiterated a tough measure to deal with drunk drivers, and to make on the spot arrest topless dancers on streets.

He said authorities must impound their vehicles immediately if drivers are drunk, and passengers must also cooperate by rejecting the rides on their vehicles.

He said “drivers must not drink while driving. Everyone wants to go home quickly but they could be killed travelling on their vehicles.”

He urged passengers to warn these drunk drivers and the police must stop drunk drivers.

As to the inappropriate dancing on the streets by teenagers showing their breasts, the prime minister said these topless dancers, be they real women or transvestites, they be arrested and fined.

Quite right too. Filthy, disgusting and immoral behaviour. :smile:

Note to self.

leave car at home. Rent one instead.

I’m a little concerned about Man Boobs,

Lets face it with the water fights and the hot weather it is likely that we will see various examples that may well contravene the Juntas orders,

How-to-Lose-Man-Boobs-Fast2.jpg

With my luck, since I don't read Thai, somebody's gonna hand me a Thaksin bowl and clueless me will be using it to splash people and end up in the monkey house.

I think we should arm the people. Those who are using high pressure devices and ice water with chunks of ice can do so at their own risk.

• Upvote 1

I think we should arm the people. Those who are using high pressure devices and ice water with chunks of ice can do so at their own risk.

Of course there are a good number of armed bears in Thailand as it is. I wonder if there are instances where that happens now.

Of course there are a good number of armed bears in Thailand as it is. I wonder if there are instances where that happens now.

This all Thai Songkran gathering yesterday turned ugly..puts paid to the usual blather about farangs being the only ones ruining Songkran.

::--> 'ตีกันแหลก งานไหลสงกรานต์' !!! บ่อวิน #ชลบุรี (10'เม.ย.59) https://goo.gl/XVnaMa @ไม่ได้ติดเหล้านะ แต่เหล้ามันติดกรู*************************

Posted by YouTube คลิปเฟสบุ๊ค on Sunday, April 10, 2016

For Songkran 1975 in Nakhon Phanom, I remember young Thai guys waiting at bus stops to throw buckets of water through the entrance and windows of passing buses. We discovered that old bus actually had windows and they could be closed. The poor bus driver had to open the door at stops and was drenched.

This all Thai Songkran gathering yesterday turned ugly..puts paid to the usual blather about farangs being the only ones ruining Songkran.

::--> 'ตีกันแหลก งานไหลสงกรานต์' !!! บ่อวิน #ชลบุรี (10'เม.ย.59) https://goo.gl/XVnaMa@ไม่ได้ติดเหล้านะ แต่เหล้ามันติดกรู*************************

Posted by YouTube คลิปเฟสบุ๊ค on Sunday, April 10, 2016

Someone here will always qualify and blame the falangs as bad examples.

As it is I would have thought it would have started already in soi 7/8, but drove past today and zilch squelch.......The lady i had lunch with says City Hall is discouraging the wasting of pattaya's water and it could be that only the main day is crazy........I think most of us would be fine with that.

Edited by atlas2

I do get a feeling that this year Songkran feels a little different, a little more subdued.

It will all still get mental but the start is a lot quieter.

One of the reasons I gave up doing Songkran was Thai gang fights occurring on Phratamnak near the Thrappaya junction.

Big sticks of wood involved and nasty.

A few years later I thought we had a corpse at the end of a street near where I live and nervously approached it wondering if I should get involved, just a passed out-drunk Thai kid up against the wall in the rain.

It isn't all the serene pouring of water over the old-folks hands.