Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Bangkok Hospital South Pattaya branch

A couple days ago, I ate something which disagreed with me high order. Had the predictably unpleasant night. Then, yesterday it was a real challenge to drink water and I was concerned about dehydration. I've had experience in this regard and decided it was time to go see a doctor before it reached the point of renal failure.

I had the bright idea of going to the Bangkok Hospital South Pattaya branch which is on the east side Sukhumvit more or less opposite the Big C.

They're not at all busy. I got to see a (the?) doctor, very young, within 15 minutes. While I am sure she was competent, her English was a real challenge. She was saying dehydrated. I thought she was saying headache.

At my suggestion, they started a bag of IV saline/dextrose. It was a 500ml bag. After 2 hours, it still had over 400ml to go. I don't know if that is the standard flow rate in Thailand, but I knew I would go stir crazy if I stayed there much longer. Went out to the nurse and said "finish now". I know you say wait, my decision.

As is standard, for Bangkok Hospital, they loaded me up with a variety of meds, most of which are probably pointless other than an electrolyte powder. There doesn't seem to be any concern about the overprescription of antibiotics.

Not certain, but I doubt they had the lab to do a blood test for kidney function.

If I feel the need, I will be going to the big hospital up the road.

Oh yes, I'm feeling human today.

I didn't even know there was a Bangkok Hospital, South Pattaya Branch!

I had a bout of food poisoning a month ago... easy this time of year with the heat.

I sent my Mrs to go get some 'powders', I was thinking more along the lines of 'Eno's' antacid.

She came back with some electrolyte powders which I gave her back... thinking dopey pharmacists! It was only later that I looked them up and realised they were likely a better option than Eno's. Bet mine were cheaper!

Glad you recovered.

• 1 year later...

I forgot all about this place and I only live about 200m from it...!!!! :rolleyes:

Over the next few days I think I will pop in and see what blood tests are available etc......

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Clinic

Sept. 2013 (Pattaya Mail)

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya opened its first neighborhood clinic in Central Pattaya, offering Soi Boonsampan-area residents checkups and basic medical services. Hospital Director Dr. Pichit Kangwolkij and Nongprue Mayor Mai Chaiyanit joined sub-district government and police officials at the Sept. 9 ribbon cutting. Monks from local temples provided the blessing.

Pichit said the clinic offers free services, including free checks for diabetes, blood pressure, eyesight and pregnancy, as well as paid medical services that people otherwise would have to visit the Sukhumvit Road hospital for.

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya’s first neighborhood clinic is now open in Central Pattaya, offering checkups and basic medical services.

The clinic is the first full-fledged medical center Bangkok Hospital Pattaya has opened in Pattaya, although the hospital has several “contact centers” inside area hotels catering to tourists.

The clinic is open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. For more information, call 038-110-654.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/bangkok-hospital-pattaya-opens-central-pattaya-clinic-30326

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I forgot all about this place and I only live about 200m from it...!!!! :rolleyes:

Over the next few days I think I will pop in and see what blood tests are available etc......

So what did you find out?

Nowt I 've been a lazy bastard and I want to lose a couple more kg before I do a check up..

Friend of mine did the full raft of checks at Banglamung for 2000 baht or so.

Nowt I 've been a lazy bastard and I want to lose a couple more kg before I do a check up..

Well see there, I thought you was going to walk over and check up on the blood tests service offered and their costs. Lose a portion of a kilo just checking up on the prices and posting for all us other lazy parentless folk.

Well see there, I thought you was going to walk over and check up on the blood tests service offered and their costs. Lose a portion of a kilo just checking up on the prices and posting for all us other lazy parentless folk.

He could stop eating eggs for a day or two....

Friend of mine did the full raft of checks at Banglamung for 2000 baht or so.

Ah...the thread is about Bangkok Hospital South Pattaya Branch which is a small clinic not the main branch...

I have had a lovely afternoon drinking wine in Devonshire....I just need my blood pressure to subside after looking at the legs without eggs...

As I mention...it is a small subsiduary of the main hospital....... not far from Burger King.....

OK OK OK..

I went there this morning to see what checkups they do.

1. They showed me the leaflet for the "July Summer Package" but said the prices were wrong and called the main hospital.They told me over the phone that the July package was over and there will be a new offer in August....but no prices yet.....

2. I asked her to go through the basic list and tick what tests they do.......by sending your blood to the main hospital of course......the more expensive packages obviously have more tests..

1. Physical Examination
  2. Vision Acuity, Uncorrected and Corrected
  3. Complete Blood Count (CBC)
  4. Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS)
  5. HbA1C (Hemoglobin A1C)
  6. Cholesterol
  7. Triglyceride
  8. HDL - Cholesterol
  9. LDL - Cholesterol
  10. BUN - Blood Urea Nitrogen
  11. Creatinine
  12. SGOT (Serum glutamic - oxaloacetic transaminase)
  13. SGPT (Serum glutamic - pyruvic transaminase)
  14. Alkaline Phosphatase
  15. Total protein
  16. Bilirubin
  17. GGT - Gamma GT
  18. Blood Uric Acid
  19. Urine Examination
  20. Stool Examination
  21. Chest X-Ray
  22. ECG - Electrocardiogram
  23. Ultrasound Whole Abdomen

3. I asked her if you can go in and get a PSA. After consulting the main hospital she said yes for 1,142.

4. They can also do Colon and Liver cancer screening too....but I've just noticed it so don't know the price..

5. Basically this place is situated on South Pattaya , Sukumvit, opposite the new KFC drive thru/Big C and is useful for those with time on their hands to wait for results and for those that live in the area with no transport.....

Hahaha...Whilst there I asked the doc to review my one year old BP medicine prescription. She gave me (for 200 baht) a quick once over and a new Med Cert for my prescription ....On it, amongst other items, was "No egg yolks"........Did you call in advance...??

Hahaha...Whilst there I asked the doc to review my one year old BP medicine prescription. She gave me (for 200 baht) a quick once over and a new Med Cert for my prescription ....On it, amongst other items, was "No egg yolks"........Did you call in advance...??

So now it is also a medical diagnosis!

What, you thought I was joking? :D

• 2 years later...

I thought I should mention that there is building work going on at the back of the clinic. Looks like it could be an actual hospital under construction.....

Also a new clinic near the Pattaya Tai baht bus start point (on the slip road to Big C)should be openning soon.....

On 9/5/2019 at 6:08 PM, Bullfrog said:

I thought I should mention that there is building work going on at the back of the clinic. Looks like it could be an actual hospital under construction.....

Appears it is no longer affiliated with Bangkok Hospital.

34 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

The clinic or the hospital under construction..???

I want to say the signage says Jomtien Hospital, nothing showing continued affiliation with Bangkok Hospital.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, nkped said:

I want to say the signage says Jomtien Hospital, nothing showing continued affiliation with Bangkok Hospital.

Ooooh...I hadn't noticed....After checking my tea bags it looks like I haven't been passed it for a Month (On my way to Siamsburi's - hahaha).... I shall have to pop in to see if they take my Health Insurance then as all my neighbours know to take me there if owt bad happens to me..

Thank you very very much for the heads up - it could be important information..!!

3 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I shall have to pop in to see if they take my Health Insurance then as all my neighbours know to take me there if owt bad happens to me..

I'll translate for the sake of our American members. 

Owt = UK Northern slang for 'anything'. ?

• Haha 2

Had a similiar problem as nkped but ignored it . Not good. I  did the liter bag of saline thing, at my suggestion. Bangkok Pattaya. , way to slow . I said take this off the pump and just bolus. I dont have cardiac issues.  Foolishly continued to ignore it and  ended up in Bumrrungrad for 7 days.

As an aside but somewhat OT. I am getting a new O-A in the Sates next week but need the medical certificate. For years i have read that the clinics are  on every Soi and 500 baht . I havn't found one. Any help in pointing me to the right direction would be appreciated.

Knortyboy, just saw your post , thanks. Was in Kon Khaen a few years ago talking with i think a Scottish fellow.,maybe Wales.  Asked him if he could speak Thai because even though we shared our native language i couldn't understand him

Edited by sailingbill
update
On 9/6/2019 at 8:50 PM, nkped said:

Well spotted Sir! I walked up passed there this morning on t'other side of the road....bugger me , the signs have changed to "Jomtien Hospital" just as you say... I shall go inside in the next few weeks...