Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated July 4, 2022)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently read a statement that said if you pay under 300 baht for a Western meal in Pattaya, you get garbage. That's both unfair and uninformed, an attempt at a thinly disguised "hatchet job." I dis

Witherspoons is a very popular sports bar and restaurant on Soi Bukhao near the corner with Soi LengKee. Not too long ago it ran into problems with Thai authorities over its operating hours, but those

Casa Pascal offers the best breakfast buffet in its price class in central Pattaya.     It is located just off 2nd Road near The Avenue and across from Royal Garden Plaza.       Eggs and

Posted Images

Don't forget the many German Restaurants in the Naklua Road area. In most of them good meals can be had for less that 300 Baht. Look out for places with names as Bazi, Hirschgarten, Golden Orchidee, Taverne, An's Kitchen, Klein Heidelberg, Piccolo and so on (the list is much longer).

Also in the French oriented restaurant 'Louis' (Soi 29 - if I am not wrong) good food can be had for very reasonable prices.

Edited by halfaboy

I really dont think Im going to fly halfway round the world for Fish & Chips!

Now Pie & Mash and I might think about it, and back in the late 80s there actually was 2 English guys who had a pie & mash shop in Pattaya. Not seen Jellied Eels yet though.

Good topic!

Another superb value for those who don't want to have the same thing every Sunday is Aroi Pub, on Soi 89 Sukhimvit across from Makro.

A group of us went there for their all you can eat buffet for 299 baht Sunday.

The buffet consisted of chicken,salmon (smoked or plain), and ribs, along with lots of side dishes.

He runs all you can eat specials on mussels regularly, and changes his Sunday menus week to week.

A great feed and a very passionate chef who specializes in Belgian cuisine.

As EP says, there are many western style restaurants that offer good meals for under 300 bath...Rock Kitchen and Bite Me Bistro, to name a couple of others which I have reviewed here.

Whoever made that claim is clearly misinformed or perhaps has a restaurant where prices are higher than they should be.

12936516_1073384002684352_555033676672202390_n.png

2016-04-10 13.54.25.jpg

2016-04-10 14.31.23.jpg

2016-04-10 14.31.26.jpg

2016-04-10 14.31.29-1.jpg

2016-04-10 14.31.29-2.jpg

2016-04-10 14.31.33.jpg

2016-04-10 14.31.38.jpg

2016-04-10 14.31.46.jpg

12936516_1073384002684352_555033676672202390_n.png

2016-04-10 14.30.38.jpg

2016-04-10 14.30.35.jpg

• Upvote 2

Just had the chicken karma curry special at the Jomtien Pig & Whistle for 190 baht. As usual, it was excellent although I have some trouble considering it a western dish. Most of their other menu items come in under 300 baht and are quite good. Many, such as the gammon steak, fall in the comfort food category, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Whoever made that claim is clearly misinformed or perhaps has a restaurant where prices are higher than they should be.

Definitely the former and absolutely not the latter.

Evil

:devil

I recently read a statement that said if you pay under 300 baht for a Western meal in Pattaya, you get garbage. That's both unfair and uninformed, an attempt at a thinly disguised "hatchet job." I dislike deliberate attempts to unnecessarily besmirch the local eateries, the hardest of the services in which to succeed, and also the most prone when it comes to thoughtless reporting. .

I'm glad you have now come round to my way of thinking, with the latter part of your opening gambit beginning "an attempt at a thinly disguised hatchet job............" quoting one of my posts verbatim.

Care to give a source for the first part re "garbage for under 300Baht.....", which you have cobbled onto the front? Google searches have proved fruitless.

Care to give a source for the first part re "garbage for under 300Baht.....", which you have cobbled onto the front? Google searches have proved fruitless.

The exact wording was, "Western meal: under 300 you get garbage..." It appeared on another Pattaya board (The Pattaya Club).

Evil

• Upvote 1

Don't forget the many German Restaurants in the Naklua Road area. In most of them good meals can be had for less that 300 Baht. Look out for places with names as Bazi, Hirschgarten, Golden Orchidee, Taverne, An's Kitchen, Klein Heidelberg, Piccolo and so on (the list is much longer).

Also in the French oriented restaurant 'Louis' (Soi 29 - if I am not wrong) good food can be had for very reasonable prices.

Thank you for your contribution. I don't visit the Naklua area very often and it's good to get suggestions for restaurants in North Pattaya.

Another superb value for those who don't want to have the same thing every Sunday is Aroi Pub, on Soi 89 Sukhimvit across from Makro.

As EP says, there are many western style restaurants that offer good meals for under 300 bath...Rock Kitchen and Bite Me Bistro, to name a couple of others which I have reviewed here.

I visited Aroi last June and wrote a review on it. I wasn't much impressed the Sunday we went, but the buffet in your pics looks vastly better than the one in mine. i'm glad it has improved.

I haven't made it to Rock Kitchen yet, but have certainly eaten a number of times at Bite Me. The daily specials are always under 300 baht and some go for 195 baht. Bite Me serves some of the best Western food currently on offer in Pattaya.

The Deli Diner, which I recently reviewed in this section, has a four-course(!) set menu (salad, soup, main, dessert) for 299 baht. Fantastic value for money. There's a lot on the Deli Diner's menu under 200 baht.

post-6485-0-43530100-1458607194.jpg

One response on another board suggested Restaurant Le Freelax near the Buffalo Bar. I'd never heard of it, but it's a small French restaurant that has a four-course set menu for around 220 (or maybe 250) baht. I plan on visiting it after Songkran.

Capture.JPG

So many restaurants, so little time. Keep the suggestions coming.

Evil

EP, I believe Aroi has changed management since your last visit.

I thought that might be the case as the buffet you had was so radically different from the one I had. I'll definitely put Aroi on the list of places to visit.

Evil

• Upvote 1

Yet another suggestion for a French restaurant serving top-notch food with prices under 200 and 300 baht: La Cantina (or Canteena) on Soi Rungland, not far from the intersection of Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road. Besides traditional French dishes, it also serves great pizza and homemade pastries that have been called the best in Pattaya in some reports.

I haven't been there myself, so it's another place to visit after Songkran. This thread is certainly yielding me some promising suggestions of new restaurants to visit, or, like in the case of La Cantina, a reminder of a place I'd been planning to try but never got around to.

So far, I have a very good feeling about this thread.

Evil

I like this topic. I have also found places where I find great food at very reasonable prices I have a favourite which is off Soi Buakhao and sorry, I dont know the name This small restaurant is family run and if they are busy they do not mess about and will tell you to come back in an hour as they do all the cooking and serving within a small family team. I have never had a Thai meal served restaurant style at over 100 baht in this place. A large beer is 75 baht and a tumbler full of wine 100 baht.

I imagine that there are gems like this everywhere in Pattaya and if you like and can handle the food it certainly evens out the cost of coming here. Add this to the great accommodation deals and as far as I am concerned the girls can have a few extra baht without a complaint from me.

The Songkran water-tossing madness will put a crimp in my restaurant visits over the next five or six days, but here's a reminder of the kind of specials you'll find at many restaurants that serve farang food. I/ve never eaten at IRovers, so I can't comment on its food, but the price is reasonable, although cheaper can be found.

menu2a.jpg

Evil

The Songkran water tossing has kept me indoors more than usual, so I was thinking of making a list of the good "under 300 baht" Western restaurants. Howver, the list of restaurants where you can eat farang food that costs less than 300 baht and isn't garbage would run to at least 95% of all restaurants in Pattaya that serve Western food. The qualifier "good" could narrow the list considerably, but there will always be disagreement over what's good and what isn't.

In addition to the suggestions of specific restaurants - and that's been very helpful for me-, the main point to take away from this thread is that there are hundreds of restaurants in Pattaya that offer Western food and where you can eat well for less than 300 baht. The choice is broad and spans many types of Western cuisine: French, British, Italian, American, Australian, Mexican, German, Dutch, Scandinavian, etc.

With both women and food, the options are almost limitless in Pattaya. What's undeniably garbage is the statement that Western meals under 300 baht are garbage.

Evil

devil.gif

• Upvote 1

Definitely the former and absolutely not the latter.

Evil

It was me... if you see my restaurant reports, mostly under 300 baht and usually good quality, great foods... I meant : meal, not food or plate... I meant a few courses and a drink... Burgers , pizzas, fish and chips, poorly served spaghettis, minced meats on the mash, english brekkies etc. are great foods,plates but not meals.... Yesss, Aroi looks great value, but far away from the areas the tourists goes... probably a great choice for the expats, who drive.... Please let me know where can I find a lamb shank, a roasted lamb, a quality beef steak etc... under 300 ( meal... not plate ) Even the Deli next to TuckCom offers the 3-4 course for 300 baht, the food looks poor and one soda.... oops... over 300 baht... The " meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry " and the " Fried pork belly on a potato pancake, also with lingonberry sauce " looks more an appetizer, than a meal....

I don't know if it meets the definition of this thread, but "Sizzler's" has both regular and specials under 300 baht which includes unlimited visits to the soup and salad bar. I like (or need) to eat there regularly to get my veggies :).

Within Pattaya at Royal Garden and Central Festival Malls.

http://www.sizzler.co.th/en/index.php

Edited by losgrad

I don't know if it meets the definition of this thread, but "Sizzler's" has both regular and specials under 300 baht which includes unlimited visits to the soup and salad bar. I like (or need) to eat there regularly to get my veggies :).

Within Pattaya at Royal Garden and Central Festival Malls.

http://www.sizzler.co.th/en/index.php

Sizzler most certainly meets the definition of this thread and is a good addition to it. Soup, pasta, salad (unlimited); main course; and dessert (also unlimited, but Sizzler's desserts are weak) for under 300 baht. However you slice it and dice it, it's one of the best value-for-money offers in town considering the quality of Sizzler's salad bar. Thank you for mentioning it!

Untitled-6.jpg

Evil

I have eaten numerous times at the "i-rovers", the breakfast was adequate but not what I would call fantastic. If I were looking to suggest somewhere, then perhaps "The Golf Club" is a small gem otherwise missed.

• Upvote 1

I can also recommend Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien. Always had good meals there and never spent more than 300 baht

It's been a long time since I've eaten at Rich Man, Poor Man. Thank you for giving me a reminder. I took a gander at RMPM's Facebook page and saw that they had plenty of options under 300 baht.

Untitled-7.jpg

Huevos rancheros is a North Mexican and Tex Mex dish consisting of a tortilla, sauce, eggs and sometimes other ingredients like refried beans. At RMPM, it is served Tex-Mex style with a flour tortilla topped with chili con carne; two eggs any style; as well as onion, cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream. Cost is 225 baht.

Untitled-8.jpg

The BBQ pork ribs cost 245 baht and the 12" pizza is 225 baht.

then perhaps "The Golf Club" is a small gem otherwise missed.

Yet another restaurant I haven't been to for a good while. I particularly liked the chiliburger: good Tex-Mex chili con carne on a thick hamburger patty.

post-6485-0-67343700-1383296985.jpg

Evil

• Upvote 1

Cabin fever setting in big-time now. I need to plan a day to hit all these joints!

What time does Rich Man Poor Man open in the morning?

I believe 7 am, maybe before. I have had some really good breakfasts there.

• Evil Penevil changed the title to Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated July 4, 2022)