Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Snooker world championship

Anyone else enjoying the snooker world championship from Sheffield...the evening session still in progress at the moment...ding leading mcmanus 12 - 8 and earlier selby and fu 8 frames a piece the last I saw.

Shame o'sullivan was knocked out at such an early stage though....i would have enjoyed watching him take on the chinese lads.

I am watching it on true with thai commentary but compulsive viewing and a good way to keep mysrlf out of the bars tonight.

Edited by captainmainwaring

I would make the following . comment. I love to watch snooker but rarely get the chance. Some while ago on Pattaya talk someone mentioned Freeview UK being universally available. I gave it a try and lo and behold I have been able to watch snooker on BBC 2 each night. I certainly have had great value from the site. As far as the play is concerned, there has been some really magical stuff on view and worth some sleepless nights for me.

I watched the Trump V Higgins final replay from 2011 the other night and some of the best snooker I have ever seen. Absolute top class entertainment.

Edited by Gawd Elpus

I played snooker twice a week for 15 years.......With 'R'.........Fruity-voice..... Wally.....Derek.........'T'......and Bugger's-grips.......rarely saw a break over 20.

Once 'R' paid for a private appearance of Cliff Thorburn.........(Who autographed the wall of the Snooker Room).....What he could do was dazzling.

I still play at a Jomtien hotel when mates or my son are over. Still an absolutely rubbish player.

Same as golf....give me a dead ball and more time the Greenwich to work out a shot and I'll cock it up.

PS. of all the televised sports I think snooker commentators are the most valuable and add most to the viewing enjoyment.

I want a Selby Vs Ding final.

PPS Not that it matters but as far as I know 'Bugger's Grips' wasn't gay..........He got his nick-name from his handle bar moustache.

Edited by atlas2

Anyone else enjoying the snooker world championship from Sheffield...the evening session still in progress at the moment...ding leading mcmanus 12 - 8 and earlier selby and fu 8 frames a piece the last I saw.

Shame o'sullivan was knocked out at such an early stage though....i would have enjoyed watching him take on the chinese lads.

I am watching it on true with thai commentary but compulsive viewing and a good way to keep mysrlf out of the bars tonight.

If you have a reasonable internet connection then go to www.watchfreeview.com then you can watch the snooker on BBC 2 with English commentary, or any other UK domestic TV that you want for free. If you haven't got a smart TV just run a cable from your computer to TV for full size viewing.

Regards

• Upvote 1

I was watching it last night too....

Was doing so in Thailand last week and now continuing here in the UK... too bloody cold to be out!

Good chance a Chinese guy will win it!

I would make the following . comment. I love to watch snooker but rarely get the chance. Some while ago on Pattaya talk someone mentioned Freeview UK being universally available. I gave it a try and lo and behold I have been able to watch snooker on BBC 2 each night. I certainly have had great value from the site. As far as the play is concerned, there has been some really magical stuff on view and worth some sleepless nights for me.

Yep...I was awake until gone 4am this morning watching the mcmanus v ding match...couldn't believe Alan mcmanus missed that easy black to give the frame to ding otherwise it would be an even closer game. He will need to be on top form to overcome ding and get to the final now.

I played snooker twice a week for 15 years.......With 'R'.........Fruity-voice..... Wally.....Derek.........'T'......and Bugger's-grips.......rarely saw a break over 20.

Once 'R' paid for a private appearance of Cliff Thorburn.........(Who autographed the wall of the Snooker Room).....What he could do was dazzling.

I still play at a Jomtien hotel when mates or my son are over. Still an absolutely rubbish player.

Same as golf....give me a dead ball and more time the Greenwich to work out a shot and I'll cock it up.

PS. of all the televised sports I think snooker commentators are the most valuable and add most to the viewing enjoyment.

I want a Selby Vs Ding final.

PPS Not that it matters but as far as I know 'Bugger's Grips' wasn't gay..........He got his nick-name from his handle bar moustache.

I fancied selby to reach the final too but some of the simple pots he missed yesterday makes me wonder about Hua form right now.

If you have a reasonable internet connection then go to www.watchfreeview.com then you can watch the snooker on BBC 2 with English commentary, or any other UK domestic TV that you want for free. If you haven't got a smart TV just run a cable from your computer to TV for full size viewing.

Regards

Got a great tv here for watching snooker on true and just 3g internet on my phone but will bear that in mind for the future.

I was watching it last night too....

Was doing so in Thailand last week and now continuing here in the UK... too bloody cold to be out!

Good chance a Chinese guy will win it!

Yep the Chinese guys are looking strong at the moment..i especially noticed ding is an exceptionally good at long pots.the british lads need to up their game to win it.

I have been checking the weather back in the UK recently and can't believe how cold it is still at the end of April...still having night frosts there I believe...guess you still need the heating on at night..no such problems here. :)

I have been checking the weather back in the UK recently and can't believe how cold it is still at the end of April...still having night frosts there I believe...guess you still need the heating on at night..no such problems here. :)

It was snowing quite heavily in parts of the UK on Thursday , and tomorrow is the 1st of May........remarkable......... :yikes:

It was a great final.........Well done Selby......Ding was a tough opponent.

Also.....I've been watching this week the PSA Squash final held in Egypt. After the French finalist took a 2.0 set lead against the Egyptian player there was not a single clap of appreciation.

In comparison the crowd at the snooker were admirably non partisan.....giving almost equal support for both players skills.... that's how it should be.

It was a great final.........Well done Selby......Ding was a tough opponent.

Also.....I've been watching this week the PSA Squash final held in Egypt. After the French finalist took a 2.0 set lead against the Egyptian player there was not a single clap of appreciation.

In comparison the crowd at the snooker were admirably non partisan.....giving almost equal support for both players skills.... that's how it should be.

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I missed the middle session. Snooker is a very gentlemanly sport, and far less tribal than many other sports. Long may it live so. I hope that one day soon China will have a World Champion. They are still relatively new to the game, but it really has taken off over there, and they have produced some great players, as was seen by Ding's performance in the final. I think most, if not all players in the professional side of the sport, respect each other greatly. Shame Ronnie got knocked out, as I find him very entertaining, but he cant win emall

Well after extolling the virtues of Freeview UK my connection froze for the last two nights and I missed the lot!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well after extolling the virtues of Freeview UK my connection froze for the last two nights and I missed the lot!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry about that teelack, I am in the UK so no issues. Quite gripping stuff.

Although I have had my fill of snooker for a while now.

• 5 years later...

Apologies if this has a prior post, but I found myself glad for Ming and her efforts over the years...  Hope she goes on with it...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1250346-thai-woman-wins-world-snooker-championship-now-mink-gets-crack-at-the-men-on-the-main-tour/

Cheers...and kill the 5th day 2guns