Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Zen Japanese Restaurant at Central Festival

Zen has become my favorite. The food at Fuji is OK (though they serve mugicha when you ask for green tea, and their curry rice is terrible) but it's noisy, full of the din of clanging cutlery and other people yapping. Zen is nice and quiet and the food is better in my opinion.

I automatically rule out joints like Sukishi where they have the hot plates at the tables. I don't like going to a restaurant to cook my own food, and if I order one of the dishes they cook for you I have to work around the hot plate in the center.

• Upvote 1

I haven't tried the full on meal at Zen, but when I was shopping, I did stop for a small snack where they advertised a pork cutlet meal for less than 300 baht.

For sushi and sashimi etc, I primarily go to Tsunami.

It has been two years since I was in Zen the last time. In atmosphere and service is way above Fuji but I prefer the food in the latter. Mind you I almost exclusively go there for sushi and sashimi so cannot say much about the rest. It's also slightly more expensive if I remember correctly. Fuji went downhill and more and more resembles to a bus station, though. I would go to Tsunami every other day as Martin, alas I cannot because of the timetable.