Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I just did a international transfer from my nationwide bank in the UK (swift transfer ) the cost £20:00 pounds

the same cost for any amount you send , to my bank in Thailand ( Kasikorn ). It took less than 24 hours to appear

in my Thai account . The rate was 50,50 baht to the pound , good service I think .All done online I might add .

It saves having to carry a lot of cash on you . Good service I think .

I did a small HSBC to Kasikorn transfer today .... as rate had jumped to mid 51 ......

Did at 13:25 Thai ..... money was in account at 14:20

Kasikorn was showing 51.64313 on web ........ after their charges I got 51.36313 on a grand .... with a £4 HSBC charge ....

:chogdee

Spud

Pound is really quite strong at the moment, after the recent inflation ( or lack of) figures, but still volatile. If Brexit gain a bit of momentum it will plummet again. I too have just exchanged a wad, even though I don't think I will have any need for Baht for a few months. 51.95 with a trusted currency exchange brokerage company.

Better to transfer to Halifax first and let them do it for £9

I use Standard Chartered and let them do it for nowt.

I use Standard Chartered and let them do it for nowt.

Ignore if too personal......but can you get by with just Standard Chartered as your bank in Thailand? (Online account obviously as the nearest branch would be Bangkok or Rayong as far as I was aware.) I've been looking to possibly consolidate all of my various current accounts, and have thought about them.

Ignore if too personal......but can you get by with just Standard Chartered as your bank in Thailand? (Online account obviously as the nearest branch would be Bangkok or Rayong as far as I was aware.) I've been looking to possibly consolidate all of my various current accounts, and have thought about them.

No, as far as I know, I have a Thai account too.

I opened a Jersey SCB account many years ago and still have it. I recall seeing the SCB Branch in Bangkok decades ago thinking, that could be useful, but never used it. I actually thought they had withdrawn from Thailand and the branches taken over by a local bank. This webpage suggests I am well wrong.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1