Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi Lanzalad looks like excellent value to myself and wish you best of luck in selling, one thing I really like about the apartment are the cornices between the ceiling and walls,when we were doing up my wife's house I was trying to source this but everyone said they don't have them in Thailand. Can you remember where you got your from please. We will be building a new house in 2 - 3 years time and I would love to have these in the house, it puts a finishing touch to the walls and ceilings.

cornices.PNG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As posted before:-   To get the place to what it is today it stands me at 1,350,000   I come across loads of people who i've shown them the photo's and they always say " It's cheap to do this ...Y

I'm putting my condo on the market and the price is for 1,150,000 Baht NOW 1,050,000 baht Here's more info on the property:- The condo it on the 5th floor and it is a corner un

Yes, well i guess if you know the prices then you know what you get for that price..?   Here's what you get for your 6 to 700 k   Cold water only and no aircon.....   All worn out tiles, worn ou

Posted Images

Hi there

Yes this was very hard to find... i found an english lad that made it by hand and he had 20 years behind him working in all the top properties in London.

I called to see him and had a really good chat with him and his father who spent about an hour showing me work they had done for people.

He started to show me moulds which i told him i just wanted a clean profile so he showed me many side profiles and mine was made up from a few styles.

The downside is he had a girl that could spend faster than he could make money and he is back in the UK and working in London again.

You will not find that coving anywhere... and it cost me 14'000 baht... for 18 running meters.

condo12.JPG

I do know he sold everything off to a thai company and If i find out anything i'll let you know...

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 1

^^^ In the US that is often called "crown molding" and finding good finish carpenters who can do it well is difficult.

We have a small place in Loei which took several years to build for various reasons, amongst them scarce finish carpenters. We eventually found a guy who pieced together 3 different trims he located at TWS to make one molding.

DSCF2699.jpg

It's relatively easy to find rice farmers and sugar cane cutters to do concrete and rough carpentry work in Thailand but good finish work carpenters are rare. The guy we used is now a monk 555.

• Upvote 1

Hi there

Yes this was very hard to find... i found an english lad that made it by hand and he had 20 years behind him working in all the top properties in London.

I called to see him and had a really good chat with him and his father who spent about an hour showing me work they had done for people.

He started to show me moulds which i told him i just wanted a clean profile so he showed me many side profiles and mine was made up from a few styles.

The downside is he had a girl that could spend faster than he could make money and he is back in the UK and working in London again.

You will not find that coving anywhere... and it cost me 14'000 baht... for 18 running meters.

condo12.JPG

I do know he sold everything off to a thai company and If i find out anything i'll let you know...

Many thanks for that Lanzalad. Amazing here we can buy meters of it pre moulded fairly cheap at Bunnings or Masters (big local hardwares in West Aust) Edited by Kev

^^^ In the US that is often called "crown molding" and finding good finish carpenters who can do it well is difficult.

We have a small place in Loei which took several years to build for various reasons, amongst them scarce finish carpenters. We eventually found a guy who pieced together 3 different trims he located at TWS to make one molding.

attachicon.gifDSCF2699.jpg

It's relatively easy to find rice farmers and sugar cane cutters to do concrete and rough carpentry work in Thailand but good finish work carpenters are rare. The guy we used is now a monk 555.

Yeah, I've seen that "little place" in the sticks. I'll give you 700,000 Baht for it LOL.

• Upvote 1

Good luck with the sale boss.

You moving to Issan or the UK? Good luck to you

Sounds like being slightly sarcastic to myself, any sour grapes.

Hi Lanzalad , just as a matter of interest how much did you pay for the refurbishment work shown in your pictures , it's a nice looking condo you have there and i am sure you will get the asking price.... :thumbup

attachicon.gifDSCF2699.jpg

Yours is a very nice place and its also give me a few ideas for the house in udon...

But its like you have said finding the right guy to do the job too...

Yeah, I've seen that "little place" in the sticks. I'll give you 700,000 Baht for it LOL.

Let me ponder that and get back to you

Ok, I've thought about it and no sale.

Yours is a very nice place and its also give me a few ideas for the house in udon...

But its like you have said finding the right guy to do the job too...

Thanks, and if I was in the market for a place in Pattaya I would be at your doorstep.

We were in town a week or so ago and drove by it by just riding around the area. It reminds me of our place in Bangkok in that it is a 30 to 45-minute or so walk to get to most places that would interest a farang. That might "be too far away from the action" for some but a good location for a walker and someone who values peace and quiet over hustle and bustle..

My view is the buyer will be someone that sort of keeps to himself, values a quieter location and wants to live a nice place almost stealthily downplaying his means. Those cautious type are often "real money rather than time wasters" and in my little world often rent first guys. You might attract that type of buyer sooner by offering a rent-to-buy option rather than dealing with time wasters looking for a steal.

I've seen a post by P on Facebook about the condo. That might be a good place to advertise more as well.

Any way, buen suerte and good presentation.

• Upvote 1

Rent to buy , now that's got my interest .....

Has it ...

It all depends on the terms..

- - - - - - - - -

I've had many wanting to rent for two weeks or a month at a discounted rate with a view to buy...

Many are just looking for a good deal to rent and don't want to buy...

I asked one guy it pay a good deposit and show me he had the funds to buy the condo...

i never heard back from him again.....

pm me

What would i be pm'g you "Hi there"

I would say it you ask me to pm you, i would think it would be you asking me hence you pm me.....

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 1

Sorry I can't understand ... Maybe there's a typo ?

My idea was 50% deposit balance over 12months

Yo asked me to pm you but you had your own idea to put to me:-

My idea was 50% deposit balance over 12months

So i suggested you pm with your idea... :D

Hi there

attachicon.gifcondo12.JPG

Just aimed my camera up at the ceiling

(my whole house has this every ceiling / every door frame)

IMG_3959.JPG

RE, the coving, it can be bought in the UK in Polystyrene that looks just as good, when its been painted, as yours does , can you not get the same stuff in Thailand?.