Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

EX PATS RUNNING HOTELS WANTED FOR NEW TV SHOW!

Hi there

My name is Sophie and I am a Producer with Blast Films in London. I am getting in touch as we are looking for a location in Pattaya to film a new prime-time series for a major UK broadcaster. During my research I found your group and wondered whether you might be able to help?

To give you a little more information the series will follow some of the best hotel/resort owners in Thailand, as well as profiling British holiday-makers as they enjoy the trip of a lifetime. We are hoping to film in Pattaya and are hoping to find a resort run by ex-pats to host the filming and wondered if your members might be interested?

We will use state of the art, 4K cameras to capture the exotic paradise and tell the story of those who vacation there. It will be a positive, warm look at Thailand life, showcasing the best places to go on vacation, and illustrating all it has to offer.We are hoping to film later this year and would like to speak to interested hotel owners ASAP to discuss this opportunity.If you think you might be interested please email me at swells@blastfilms.co.uk

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you

Sophie

Casting Producer

Blast! Films, Unit 100, 53-79 Highgate Rd, London NW5 1TL

T: 0203 841 6000

Hi there

My name is Sophie and I am a Producer with Blast Films in London. I am getting in touch as we are looking for a location in Pattaya to film a new prime-time series for a major UK broadcaster. During my research I found your forum and wondered whether you might be able to help?

To give you a little more information the series will follow some of the best hotel/resort owners in Thailand, as well as profiling British holiday-makers as they enjoy the trip of a lifetime. We are hoping to film in Pattaya and are hoping to find a resort run by ex-pats to host the filming and wondered if your members might be interested?

We will use state of the art, 4K cameras to capture the exotic paradise and tell the story of those who vacation there and it will be a positive, warm look at Thailand life, showcasing the best places to go on vacation, and illustrating all it has to offer.

We are hoping to film later this year and would like to speak to interested hotel owners ASAP to discuss this opportunity. It would be great if you could forward this message to your members as we would love to get them involved!

If you think you might be interested please email me at swells@blastfilms.co.uk

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you

Sophie

Casting Producer

Blast! Films, Unit 100, 53-79 Highgate Rd, London NW5 1TL

T: 0203 841 6000

I think one should be very careful in getting involved with this project. Given the current political climate I can see the potential for many criticisms leveled by rather....uh....sensitive government types. For instance, how do you handle the bar activity? Or the ladyboy issues. Or the crime?

Objective reporting could not be possible.

Or will this be a Thai version of Fawlty Towers? Even that would be ripe for criticism as the Thais wouldn't understand the humor.

And,....what is this company with the name Blast Films up to really? That name is enough to make anyone wary.

Little Roy

• Downvote 1

Why would you want to film in the sex capital of Thailand? There are other town's that would be more suitable for a travel show. Hua Hin comes to mind.

Edited by BigDUSA

Why would you want to film in the sex capital of Thailand? There are other town's that would be more suitable for a travel show. Hua Hin comes to mind.

I took a gander at their website and I don't think they're producing your typical "travel show".

Maybe their agenda is such one should smell a rat.

I think one should be very careful in getting involved with this project. Given the current political climate I can see the potential for many criticisms leveled by rather....uh....sensitive government types. For instance, how do you handle the bar activity? Or the ladyboy issues. Or the crime?

Or will this be a Thai version of Fawlty Towers? Even that would be ripe for criticism as the Thais wouldn't understand the humor.

And,....what is this company with the name Blast Films up to really? That name is enough to make anyone wary.

Little Roy

I smell a rat, er trap.

What is the real agenda? What is the target audience? What is the judgmental bias of the target audience.

Honestly, even here in California, a fairly progressive people compared to other Americans, most people would think you are some kind of perverted child molester for travelling to Thailand, let alone living or owning a bar business there.

Little Roy

Blast! Films

Edited by jacko

Second identical post by Ms Sophie, I hope there are not more.......

Edited by jacko

Maybe their agenda is such one should smell a rat.

... and although I may have missed the threads, Ms Sophie seems to not have made the same post in similar forums like PA, PS/PC or PL.

Seems a conspiracy brewing if so ... MGDN to the thread.

• Upvote 1

Should we nominate Canterbury Tales or the Rockhouse as an appropriate venue?

Any other places do we feel they should consider?

Shouldn't leave out Secrets then. They could add segments on the "yacht" and "villa."

• Upvote 2

A guesthouse on Soi 6 would add a bit of spice!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Any programme will make anyone in it look like perverts going to Pattaya for nothing but sex. Wait.......Well thats true but they will warp and twist everything so youll have painted scrawl all over your house when you come back

Edited by Goldpanner

I somehow dont see it being Basil Fawltyesque with a happy mix of jocular katoeys, friendly prostitutes, gallant western adventurers, and jovial jetski renters

Edited by Regyai
  • Upvote 2

two topics, should be merged

I wish somebody would do that !

Why not, I read they have the best food in Pattaya if not all of SEA. :smile:

Edited by mrgreenjeans
  • Upvote 1

Why not, I read they have the best food in Pattaya if not all of SEA. :smile:

Home of the "Bring a bottle party" ! :lol: OK, that's getting a bit old now ! :blush:

I wish somebody would do that !

Sorted.

KM

Edited by keyman
  • Upvote 2