Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Cathay Pacific VS The Rest of Them

I have flown to LOS 16 times in about 5 years and I have used Cathay, JAL, China, ANA, Eva, Korean And Northwest. Cathay was voted best airline in the world for 2003 and I flew with them my last trip but fellas I did not see it. I tried very hard to see what set them apart from the others I have used and (Keep in Mind this is my opinion) I saw no difference in them as a matter of fact they were not even the top of my list. Here is how I rate the airlines I have used. All flights were taken in the cheap seats.

1.ANA

2.Korean   (yes Korean )

3. Eva    (Not Evergreen Deluxe class)

4. Cathay

5. China

6. Jal

7. Northwest

as always YMMV

I've flown on Cathay on one r/t and for the $156USD. I paid from JFK to BKK it's at the top of my all time cheapest flight. ;D

I've flown on alot of different airlines and I don't see much difference back in the cheap seats. United offers 5" more legroom in premier ecomeny.

29 days untill my ass is in the cheap seat on my way back to LOS for 7 weeks. ;D ;D ;D

Having flown Cathay 'intra-Asia', and was VERY pleased, I flew LAX-HKG-BKK a couple of weeks ago--and I was VERY disappointed :o!

The service was nothing special, NO soap in front lavatory, and the usual bad airline food.

Here's my rankings of the USA-BKK airlines I've flown:

JAL

AS

NWA

CX

KE

Having flown Cathay 'intra-Asia', and was VERY pleased, I flew LAX-HKG-BKK a couple of weeks ago--and I was VERY disappointed :o!

The service was nothing special, NO soap in front lavatory, and the usual bad airline food.

KE

Dont forget, when not operating from their home base, ALL airlines are at the mercy of contract cleaning services and contract food suppliers.

Though thats still no reason for no soap and other rubbish left in the cabin as it should have been inspected by the ground handler and then the crew when they arrive.

I flew Cathay from LAX-Bkk in August and must say...I was not impressed at all. Other than the TV monitor at each seat, it's not one step above any other.

in fact, i counted 1 hour 20 minutes after a meal was served before the trays were collected again!

Just my 2 satang worth,

Mark

On my way i had the same experience with the trays. Cathay was supposedly the #1 rated airline but i have no idea why. Korean is very decent but i prefer EVA Evergreen. Took China once and was very mediocre. 1 1/2 Satangs worth. Cheers, B-Man!

I really like EVAs Evergreen Deluxe class.  But this year I am trying Cathay Pacific.  I will be in biz class on reduced rates for the tran-pacific portion (SFO-HKG and return)

What Soi 7 didn't tell you boardies re Cathay was that after he stunk up the can on the first flight on the airline, they made him travel in the baggage hold that second trip amongst the quarantined pets and such.  Jimmy

I flew cathay on my last trip. I found it to be ok, I liked the screen and also the adjustable headrest with the little wings that fold out. I am very tall and it helps to have the headrest, as opposed to JAL with the miniture seats that barely reach my shoulders. But the best thing about my flight on cathay was that I was one of the lucky guys that got the roundtrip lax to bkk for just $146. Oh well back to reality.

I also like Cathy very much. My absolute worse experience has been with American Airlines. On my last trip back the cabin crew was so bad I could not believe what I was seeing. One girl had such a bad attitude that I never guessed she was a stewardess until she sat down in the jump set just before landing. And the worse customer service I have ever seen!

Vegasdave,

Other than getting a great fare for your journey on Cathay Pacific, you don't sound too terribly enthused about the airline.

Would you consider using them on your next trip, or would you opt for another carrier, such as Eva or others?

SoCalGuy

I prefer Cathay Pacifc to the others.  One reason is the arrival and departure times and another is they have one of the most modern of aircraft fleet.  I like the feeling that I'm flying on new aircraft.

Emil

Ive flown on Thai Air, Northwest, United, China Airlines and reciently Cathay Pacific.

Cathay Pacific was the all time cheapest at $184 USD.

Cathay pacific has a larger selection of movies.

As long as they get me to LOS i am happy with it.  

Actually the big differences I find tend to be in the Biz Class product as economy generally just sucks no matter what airline your on.  If you get Cathay with their "new" biz class (been implementing for the last 12-18 months) then they are outstanding.  Best Biz class for mine are Cathay, Singapore and I like BA due to flat beds in business.