Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

France is the venue for this years European Football Championships, and the French are usually good at organising this type of event. However, there is a lot of public strife in France at the moment so it may not be as good as usual. The weather is very strange for this time of year and the threat of terrorism is in the background as well. At least the food and drink will be top class and French women are hard to beat if you are lucky enough to meet one.

There are 24 teams qualified for the finals and only 8 lose out in the the first round of matches. This makes it very difficult to work out a path to the final for the team you may fancy. It may be best to watch the first round and then start betting, if that is your thing. The new format brings a wider interest into the tournament and seems a good idea, but the tournament really starts in the round of 16.

Spain are going for a hat-trick of wins and may be hard to beat again. Their players are playing for all the top teams in Europe. Some of their best players, like Xavi and Alonso, have retired from International football and I will look elsewhere this time.

Germany are the World Champions and usually are in the shake-up. Still, it’s a long time since they won in Euro 96 in England. They seem to be having a hangover from their win in Brazil and are a short price. I think Philip Lahm is a brilliant full back and he has retired from International football as well.

France are the team all the money has been for so far. Didier Deschamps has left out some top players to focus on a team ethic. He still has some of the best players at the tournament in Pogba and Griezmann and France are likely to be in the hunt. Deschamps has a great record as a player and manager and his no nonsense approach may pay dividends.

Belgium are a team with lots of star talent. They disappointed in the World Cup, but are a young team and may have learned from the experience. De Bruyne and Hazard are star players and it’s a shame that Kompany is injured.

Poland have the excellent Lewandoski, and looked good in qualifying. They might be worth a few wagers along the way.

England have a good young team, but I’m not convinced that Hodgson will use them in the correct way. Still, it looks like they picked the opposition themselves for the group stage so will get to the last 16 at worst.

Croatia are another team with some top players like Modric and Rakatic who are stars at Real and Barcelona. I might have a small each-way bet on them.

Of the other teams, Northern Ireland did great in qualifying, Wales have Bale, and the Republic of Ireland got through a Group of Death in qualifying. Italy won a World Cup when I tipped them on here, but look a bit below par at the moment. There is plenty of support for Austria as well.

I like value for money when I have a bet so have decided to have a small punt on Belgium at 11/1. It may be better to wait for the end of the first round before having a bet as I don’t think the prices will alter that much at that stage. Some teams tend to look good early on and then falter, so watch out for that. Italy are a great tournament team so may struggle in the early stages and improve after that. I hope you all enjoy Euro 16 and that the event completes without any bad things happening. Good Luck. Bon Chance.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of us watching were stricken with disbelief when England once again proved clueless - they rarely fail to disappoint when it counts. No imagination, no idea what to do, passing the ball around in

England totally outplayed by little Iceland last night and i hope they are feeling the embarrassment of the situation on there way home today , the best move Hodgson as made in a long time was to quit

Yes I've never been able to do the Welsh accent without slipping unintentionally into Pakistani.

Posted Images

Hi,

France make a good start against a team who had the best defensive record in qualifying. Romania look a fair team and should go into the next round if they are not too disappointed with their late goal defeat.

Hi,

England played their best game since 96 but failed to take their chances. Kane looked tired and maybe Vardy is a better option at this time ? Wales have a great win and it sets up a cracker against England. Northern Ireland are outclasses against a good Polish side. Croatia look the best team so far and seem to have a solid keeper.

I'd go with Sturridge and Vardy with Rooney at the head of the "diamond". If he is fit and "up for it" Sturridge is the best of the strikers IMHO. I'd play him now from the start, and if he breaks down, mai pen rai, there is good cover up front.

Although I fully expect France or Germany to win, as with you I thought the odds were ridiculously short on either of them or even England as a longshot. So I put a "sporting" sum on "ever there" Italy, whose odds were good value at 20/1 prior to the start. They looked quite good last night, considering the Italian press reckon them to be the worst ever Italian team/squad to play football!

I must admit to enjoying the England game. I tolerated an urgent toilet need as 90 minutes came and went for fear of something happening while I was in there.. and my fears were justified!

Really good pub atmosphere despite a few nuisance guys who had obviously been on it all day. At half time out waddled the fat landlady with tray after tray of free sandwiches, something you don't see often these days.

Roll on Thursday night. Oops Thursday afternoon for me.

Edited by jacko
correction

Was told I had it in my hotel room...... Set the alarm for 4.30 am Aussie .....and all I get 'hour of power' some daft religious programme or channels devoted mattresses or sit up machines..... The rugby was still on though which was a comfort.

Later in he day did catch extended highlights.. We looked good.

Now it's a question of will we get kicked out because of the crowd violence.

Sickening and Russian instigated..... For a change.

I must admit to enjoying the England game. I tolerated an urgent toilet need as 90 minutes came and went for fear of something happening while I was in there.. and my fears were justified!

Really good pub atmosphere despite a few nuisance guys who had obviously been on it all day. At half time out waddled the fat landlady with tray after tray of free sandwiches, something you don't see often these days.

Roll on Thursday night.

You don't get that in the walking street bars do you jacko....... :beer

I'd go with Sturridge and Vardy with Rooney at the head of the "diamond". If he is fit and "up for it" Sturridge is the best of the strikers IMHO. I'd play him now from the start, and if he breaks down, mai pen rai, there is good cover up front.

Although I fully expect France or Germany to win, as with you I thought the odds were ridiculously short on either of them or even England as a longshot. So I put a "sporting" sum on "ever there" Italy, whose odds were good value at 20/1 prior to the start. They looked quite good last night, considering the Italian press reckon them to be the worst ever Italian team/squad to play football!

Hi,

Good call. I thought the first group stage wouldn't alter prices much, but Italy are down to 11/1. Belgium have great players but look like a ship without a Captain. I usually have a few quid on Italy as they always perform and give you a run for your money. I love all those Juve defenders and Buffon is a great goalkeeper. Buffon stuck with Juve when they were demoted, following the bribery scandal, he must be a hero to the fans there.

You don't get that in the walking street bars do you jacko....... :beer

Well Andy in Mistys used to be generous, although ending up in rounds was expensive!

Free drinks in WS GGBs.... perhaps Mr Egg......

Hi,

A great day for the underdog. Former greats, Hungary, beat Austria in convincing fashion, while little Iceland draw with Portugal. Ronaldo doesn't like it up him. :crying: :bigsmile:

Hi,

A great day for the underdog. Former greats, Hungary, beat Austria in convincing fashion, while little Iceland draw with Portugal. Ronaldo doesn't like it up him. :crying: :bigsmile:

:lol: I was probably one of the few United supporters glad to see the back of him, arrogant arsehole. I still remember Rooney (whilst still at Everton) trying to boot him into "row Z" after continual falling over antics on the wing, and sniggering to myself; Rooney got sent off, so it was a "win/win" as far as I was concerned! :blush:

France left it really late again, and are not anywhere near as convincing as they should be; West Ham's "virtual" bank balance must be increasing £Millions by the day though, and Bilic will be fortunate to keep hold of Payet, one would imagine.

Going to Ascot tomorrow, so I will not be able to see the UK derby live :sosad: England "must" win it, I feel; hopefully by 4-0! :P

:lol: I was probably one of the few United supporters glad to see the back of him, arrogant arsehole. I still remember Rooney (whilst still at Everton) trying to boot him into "row Z" after continual falling over antics on the wing, and sniggering to myself; Rooney got sent off, so it was a "win/win" as far as I was concerned! :blush:

France left it really late again, and are not anywhere near as convincing as they should be; West Ham's "virtual" bank balance must be increasing £Millions by the day though, and Bilic will be fortunate to keep hold of Payet, one would imagine.

Going to Ascot tomorrow, so I will not be able to see the UK derby live :sosad: England "must" win it, I feel; hopefully by 4-0! :P

Heard on the local radio it may be suspended today if the forecasted heavy rain and thunder storms make an appearance around lunchtime , the Gee Gee's don't like that flashing and banging , take your biggest brolly and oilskins with you.... :D .

England 3 nil winners ( I hope )

Hi,

Payet must be due a big move. Ryan Moore may get back the losses on Found and The Gurkha today, I hope. Otherwise, I will change his name to Ruin Moore. :D The game I think will be good today is Germany v Poland. Their games in qualifying were great and neither is under much pressure today as they must be virtually certain of winning their final games against Ukraine and Northern Ireland.

Hi,

Good buzz in London this morning as people prepare for the England v Wales game.

It's even better this afternoon after Englands win........i agree about tonight's game , it should be a good one , plus i layed on Germany before the start to win tournament.....

Set my day around the game...............Wales proved a difficult nut to crack...70% possession for England but I didn't think we'd get through......Seen a lot of England games go that way.

Rooney..... Walker and Rose were superb.

The only thing Vardy can do is score goals!!! I'm happy with that.

Sturridge has a cocky..'I'll bloody show you' arrogance......

Anyway I'm sure the win was down to my nail-biting support.

Wales will get through and so will England so win win......Come on Northern Ireland.

I also planned my day around the game, was slightly frustrated by a chatty neighbour and an office I visited en-route to the pub.

Great atmosphere, impressed by Wales, and envy them having Bale.

Slightly disappointed that pub did not serve up some half-time grub this time!

Drinking at 2pm screwed up the rest of the day for me.

Hi,

Good performances by both England and Northern Ireland. Hodgson called it right, for once. Looks like several of the teams will make it to the next round. Northern Ireland were much improved. I think their manager was gambling on a point against Poland and a win against Ukraine.

Yes, all the "usual suspects" seem to firing now that the competition is underway, although Turkey have been about the worst team there.

Hi,

Well done Albania, winninf first game in Euro history. :clap1 England face Slovakia tonight in a game which may decide the winner of the group. Wales face a Russian team which is ravaged by injuries so have a great chance. Belgium came back to form against Ireland. Can they maintain the improved form in future games ?

Hi,

Wales finish top of Group B with a conclusive win over Russia. :clap1 England play well again but fail to take many chances. :uh-uh: It not the end of the World for them as they would have to meet France in the semi final anyway. This way they play them in in the quarter final. Spain v Croatia should be a good game tonight. Northern Ireland face a difficult task against Germany.