Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A Strong Incentive for Gun Control

At least five Americans accidentally shot off their penises since 2010
In News by Brian Abrams / January 23, 2013
top1-640x438.jpeg

The Internet is abuzz this week with the unfortunate mishap of one security guard in Trinidad who accidentally shot his dick off with a .38 firearm. That sucks, but this isn’t the first time that a potential Darwin Award nominee robbed himself of manhood. At least five similar incidents have been reported in the United States within the last three years.

If these cases don’t sway macho man constitutionalists to support gun control, then I don’t know what.

1. September 2012: Michael Smeriglio, while cleaning his pistol
michael.jpeg

The 18-year old Floridian shot a bullet through his penis and left testicle while he was attempting to clean a gun he bought at a party the month prior. (via)

2. July 2012: Tavares Colbert, while testing out a firearm
tavares.jpeg

Colbert, 36, was charged with illegal firearms possession after he admitted to the cops that he had intentions to sell the gun to another man outside a 7-Eleven in Oklahoma. On the way to make the sale, Colbert tested the gun in the car and shot himself in the nads. (via)

3. August 2011: Joshua Seto, walking into store with girlfriend
joshua.jpeg

27-year old Seto was walking into a store with his girlfriend in Chandler, Arizona, when a pink pistol went off in his pants. Putz. (via)

4. May 2010: Unidentified man, shopping at Lowe’s

schmuck-with-gat.jpg

A lone shopper blew away his testicles on a Sunday afternoon while walking the aisles at Lowe’s Home Improvement in Washington state. The gun was kept not-so-safely in his waistband. (via)

5. March 2010: Unidentified teenager, walking into medical center
vallejo.jpeg

A 17-year old in Vallejo, California, was spotted holding his wounded crotch while walking into the emergency room. At the time of the report, the kid didn’t tell anyone what happened. (via)

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/193576/at-least-five-americans-accidentally-shot-off-their-penises-since-2010/

Woman accidentally kills self adjusting bra holster

Michael Winter, USA TODAY9:11 p.m. EST February 18, 2015
635598813445787854-NRA0504-001.jpg

(Photo: Justin Sullivan, Getty Images)

A Michigan woman accidentally shot herself to death last month while adjusting the .22-caliber revolver in her bra holster, police said Wednesday.

Christina Bond, 55, was struck in an eye in her St. Joseph home on New Year's Day. She died the next day in a Kalamazoo hospital, where she had been airlifted.

"She was having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn't get it to fit the way she wanted it to," St. Joseph Public Safety Director Mark Clapp told the Kalamazoo Gazette. "She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon."

No other details were released. Police are awaiting the full autopsy report.

Bond, a mother of two sons, was a bookkeeper and officer administrator for the Southwest Michigan Community Action Agency, and had previously had run the office for the Road to Life Church, The Herald-Palladium reported. She also ministered to inmates at the Berrien County Jail.

St. Joseph is on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, north of the Indiana line.

Social Darwinism.

I can see how this can be spun against guns blah blah blah. But we do stupid things in many types of situation.

I have an ex-brother-in-law who was not careful on a ladder and even after surgery has major problems with the shoulder he landed on.

I took a drive a few weeks ago to Las Vegas, Grand Junction CO, Lakewood CO (outside Denver), Albuquerque and from Albuquerque headed to Flagstaff AZ. I arrived at Flagstaff four of more hours before check in time to a hotel and pushed on to California. Those of you that know the desert there will know that from Kingman to Mojave there ain't much there.

Somewhere in my mind I felt no problem, I can make it all the way to Fresno. My first bout with wishful thinking and poor judgment. Somehow this stupid idea that I could make it to Fresno with no more than energy drinks and Coca Cola was self-delusional.

I should have stopped in Barstow but kept pushing on. Anyone who knows US 395 (state 58) understands that freeway becomes a two lane highway in a couple of spots. The sun was setting in my eyes and I was not so much sleepy as mentally exhausted. I found a rest stop and pulled off the highway.

I am not fully aware that what I could do at 25 on a full nights sleep is no longer possible for a man of 65.

I finally got to Mojave, found a room and got home the next day in about 4 and a half hours.

My point? We are all capable of having social Darwin moments.

I made it home safe and sound, at a minimum I postponed my social Darwin eradication.

Edited by midlifecrisis

Always loved that Dean Martin Matt Helm spoof with the gun that unless you cocked it right shot the shooter.

Seemed almost unfair.... Must have been what drove Dean to drink