Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Flying from Dublin to Bkk via Amsterdam shortly. Have heard that Schipo has had major reorganization recently and that I will have to exit and re enter security so the 90 mins transit time may not be enough. Anyone transited through schipol recently and can advise?

Why do you have to exit and re-enter for?

Thats never happened to me when i've transited through Schipol.

Why do you have to exit and re-enter for?

Thats never happened to me when i've transited through Schipol.

Did for me two weeks ago , after landing to get to my gate , had to go through passport control twice ,

First Check point I just had to scan my passport , the second there was a que , there is a fast lane if your flight checking in .

This was on my flight home ,

Joe

Did for me two weeks ago , after landing to get to my gate , had to go through passport control twice ,

First Check point I just had to scan my passport , the second there was a que , there is a fast lane if your flight checking in .

This was on my flight home ,

Joe

Don't know about that, the one difference is that you go through security straight after passport control,not when you board the flight.

Dublin to Amsterdam is considered a domestic flight. You would transfer to the international section in Amsterdam to get to Bangkok. I suspect that is the reason for passport.

I have notflown through in over a year but flights to USA had screening at the gate

I get the impression that the gist of what is being talked about here is the "relatively" new procedure of having to go through a "full" security check even when in transit, which is now implemented almost everywhere. Previously there was only passport checks in transit at a lot of airports. 90 minutes was more than enough time for me at Schipol, but I travel premium class, so am not necessarily best to to advise. Bags will definitely be booked through in a codeshare.

I have been through from Birmingham to Bangkok and vv. The return was one month ago. I just followed the transfer signs, not the eu passport signs. From Birmingham a smooth walk to the BKK gate without hindrance, from BKK I had to go through security before entering the departure floor of the airport. No problems. An hour should be enough time to transfer. Bags are checked through but I only ever have a 8kg carry on .

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Edited by Severn

90 minutes should be sufficient to transit but anything less than that and there is a fairly good chance that your luggage won't make the connecting flight even if it has been checked all the way through.

Travelled back from Bkk to Dub via Schipol and it was the first time I had been there in years. Its still a boring place I suppose most airports are but its a long walk I remember also my flight was 1 hour late boarding. This is the bit I picked up on there was numerous announcements about flight delays that was in may past this year!

In March, on arrival from BKK on the KLM flight, all passengers were required to go through security immediately on disembarkation. This was the first time this has happened, however the security area was brand new so I imagine that this is a new procedure which will continue.

As mentioned by other posters, hold luggage was still checked through, however if you're at the back of the queue and have a short transit time (due to flight delays) this additional check might cause a problem. On the other hand there was no check at my connecting flight gate as previously so I guess it all balances out.

In March, on arrival from BKK on the KLM flight, all passengers were required to go through security immediately on disembarkation. This was the first time this has happened, however the security area was brand new so I imagine that this is a new procedure which will continue.

As mentioned by other posters, hold luggage was still checked through, however if you're at the back of the queue and have a short transit time (due to flight delays) this additional check might cause a problem. On the other hand there was no check at my connecting flight gate as previously so I guess it all balances out.

Exactly the same situation in June. Not a big problem although I am unsure about duty free liquids from Bangkok as I didn't have any. I came back through Doha and found it an extremely long distance from arrival gate to the main terminal where there was also a security check in place. Amsterdam is relatively compact and has excellent airside facilities.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk