Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Who is your tip for this years tour then ?

It starts tomorrow Saturday 2nd July from Mont-Saint-Michel/Utah Beach.

Should be a good race with all the big hitters there this year. I think Nairo Quintana will win it this year. Frome and the sky team look very strong on paper, but I think they will struggle to contain an attacking Contador and his Tinkoff team leaving the way open for Quintana to claim victory in the last week in the mountains, he has also improved his time trailing this year so hopefully won't have too much time to make up. BMC with Porte and Tee Jay might also have a bearing on the final outcome.

Looking forward to the next three weeks viewing.

Regards

Fabio Aru seems to have been waiting for this years Tour. He needs to justify his No. 1 position in the Astana team over Nibali. Long shot at c. 16 to 1.

Yes Astana normally really strong team especially in the mountains. Aru had a good stage win in the Dauphine but was off the pace a bit in the overall.

Will be interesting to see if Nibali will work for Aru or not ? I think he has too big an ego myself to work for somebody else. But another interesting sub plot in what should be a great tour as long the main contenders stay upright and healthy.

Regards

Can't see anyone beating Kittel today. I think Cav has had his day now and I don't think his lead out team are strong enough. Etixx were good for him. Hope I'm wrong though.

Ye, I also thought Kittel would win today, but so happy for Cav after everybody has been writing him off lately, first career yellow jersey for him also.

Pretty uneventful stage really, hope Contador is not too badly injured.

Hopefully Cav can defend the jersey tomorrow another reasonably flat stage.

Regards

I don't think Sunday's stage has the finish for Cav. Greg vanAvermaet is my pick today.

Yes you might be right looking at the stage finish more closely. Might be a day for the breakaway to stay clear if none of the sprinters team fancy their chances. I'll go for Steve Cummings from Dimension Data if he is allowed up the road, two in a row for them. lol.

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam

The big names are still jockeying for positions and it looks interesting. As an Aussie I am disappointed that Richie Porte can get so far behind based on getting a puncture but I guess thats bike racing.

Ye, a day for the sprinters again, my pick for today is Andre Greipel, not doing too well so far lol !

Two crashes in two days, no luck for Contador, hope he isn't too badly injured and can recover before the mountains, need him in it to liven up the race with his attacking style.

Yes, Porte very unlucky as well, are his GC ambitions over already ?

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam

Hi,

I'm with the OP. I hope Quintana wins it this year. Apparently lots of mountains this year which will suit him.

Froome will still get it done. He climbs well enough. I don't see Quintana getting a big enough lead that Froom won't peg back in the TT's.

Sagan for the green... put your house on it.

Another long flat stage today again, hopefully they will go a little bit quicker than yesterday. I think the riders are telling the race organisers that stages longer than 200 KM in grand tours should be binned. Shorter stages lead to quicker more exciting racing.

I will go for Sagan to win in yellow today as the finish kicks up a bit in the last 500 metres.

Regards

First day today in the medium mountains of the Massif Central, maybe a shake out of the general classification riders towards the end of the stage.

I will go for Alejandro Valverde as my pick for today's stage.

Regards

Yes some bumps in the road towards the end tonight. Sagan may surprise & still be there at the end. He goes ok uphill. Maybe one for a Valverde, or even from an Aussie perspective - Gerrans.