Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi every one .... I'm looking for advice please .. I'm from Perth in west Australia born and bred .... Ok I will be coming to Thailand 20 off August and want return back to Perth September 26 so this is approx 40 days . And I no on arrival Bkk swampy airport I will get stamp for 30 days only ? So what I want to no is on the 25 day can I go to jomtien imagination office and get extra days so I can compile at my 40 day stay ?? Or can I make a short flight to Cambodia stay 5 days return back to Thailand and get xtra 30 days on arrival ... I hope some one can help me .... I'm worried when I arrive swampy airport customs will see my return date back to Perth is 40 days when they only give 30 day stamp ? Thank you every one in advance

Yes, get a Thai visa at their Perth consulate.

http://www.thaiconsulateperth.com/?page_id=11

Perth consulate is closed, unfortunately. They were great for visas. There seems to have been a policy to close the honorary consulates.

To the OP, a return flight to KL is doable in a day if that is what you want to do. Cambodia is also an option.

Not sure if it is the same in Australia but from the UK they might not let you board the flight to Thailand if the return date is more than 30 days out and you don't either have a visa or another trip booked out of Thailand within the 30 days.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well if you cannot get a tourist visa, which would be my recommendation, you may have to bring evidence of a throwaway ticket/booking with you.

It is possible you may be asked to show travel bookings out of Thailand prior to the expiration of the 30 day visa exempt stamp to check-in for your flight. It is also possible (slim chance) immigration in Thailand would want to see something similar.

I suggest something you could cancel and get a refund for... then a 1800 baht extension at immigration becomes an easier option than the flight in and out.. (or a land crossing). Note a land crossing will only get you 15 days.

As others have said, a tourist visa is the way to go. There's still enough time to apply via mail or courier service for a visa from the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra: http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

Or you can pay a few bucks more and have a visa service handle it for you. Just do a Google search for visa services. Either way, DIY or paid service, it will be less money and hassle than a trip to a nearby country. Of course, you may want to visit Cambodia, Singapore or Malaysia for a few days, which would also solve the problem.

A friend of mine was faced with a situation very similar to yours. He had a return flight 39 days after arrival in LOS. He had planned to do a 12-hour border run to Laos to extend his 30-day visa exemption stay, but fell ill on the day he was supposed to do the run and didn't feel up to sitting on a bus for many hours. Through a visa service in Pattaya, he was able to get permission from the Immigration office to stay another 7 days in Thailand and then simply paid 1,000 baht for a two-day overstay. Not the best solution, but it works.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

Perth consulate is closed, unfortunately. They were great for visas. There seems to have been a policy to close the honorary consulates.

To the OP, a return flight to KL is doable in a day if that is what you want to do. Cambodia is also an option.

Perth consulate was closed and then reopened in 2013 I think it was and are still open.

"Yes we are open Monday to Thursday from 9.30am to 2.30pm each week, except for public holidays.

A visa application form can be downloaded from our website below.

Kind regards,

Royal Thai Consulate, Perth Staff

Ground Floor

28-42 Ventnor Avenue

West Perth, WA 6005

Postal Address: PO BOX 848, West Perth, WA 6872

Tel: (08) 9226 2288

Email: thaiconsulateperth@hotmail.com Website: http://www.thaiconsulateperth.com/

Edited by redwood13

Perth consulate was closed and then reopened in 2013 I think it was and are still open.

"Yes we are open Monday to Thursday from 9.30am to 2.30pm each week, except for public holidays.

A visa application form can be downloaded from our website below.

Kind regards,

Royal Thai Consulate, Perth Staff

Ground Floor

28-42 Ventnor Avenue

West Perth, WA 6005

Postal Address: PO BOX 848, West Perth, WA 6872

Tel: (08) 9226 2288

Email: thaiconsulateperth@hotmail.com Website: http://www.thaiconsulateperth.com/

The Honorary Consulate in Victoria Ave closed a few years ago and it looks like it has been replaced by a new consulate that is a member of the Thai foreign service. That web site looks like something from the Thai Foreign Service.

The old Hon Consulate staff could not read, write or speak Thai. The staff were a couple of falang ladies who were very helpful and would issue visas very easily. The Hon consul was a falang lawyer who had the concession to sell Australian beer in Thailand for a while. An interesting bunch to chat with.