Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

SFO- BKK Nonstop

I did not think this was being done but both United and Northworst have Nonstop flights for the dates I am interested in check it out and at 763.00 the price is not bad.

http://www.airtreks.com/airtreksandairfare...1roundTrip.html

The dates I requested were Jan 16th departing and returning Jan 27th

Northwest doesn’t fly non stop to Bangkok they hub through Tokyo (NRT). The most direct flight that they have is SFO to NRT flight #27 and NRT to BKK flight #1 the return would be BKK to NRT flight 2 and NRT to SFO flight #28. The same is true for United no non stop service to Bangkok. By the way I have always found Northwest to have great service and good food (World Business Class)

After Talking with Onmyway  (Mark) he informed me that sometimes when you have a layover and do not change planes that they will consider it a non stop flight Maybe that's what is happening here ?

Believe you are correct SOY7, also ran across the same thing on one of the travel websites, it stated that Thai Air was non-stop which was contrary to what I knew at the time, was very excited to see that and called Thai Air, they said their flights from LAX and Frisco stopped in Japan but no change of planes. Although I think Boeing is either planning or is in process of producing a plane that has the range to reach BKK from the US West Coast I don't believe there are are currently that can do so. Hopefully in the near future. You guys have a good one and enjoy. Old Bud in AZ

Soi7

I did the same search on the United site and the price was $756.40. I am flying to Bkk Dec 29 and the search showed what I thought was a non-stop flight to Bkk from SFO but when I ticketed it it showed a stop in NRT. The same flight number is used and you have the same seat assignment for both legs of the trip. I am coming from Orlando Fla through SFO. This trip will put me over 50,000 miles on united this year so next year I will get 100% milage bonus. My trips will then be worth 40.000 miles each! Do you still get Frequent flyer miles through the site you mentioned?

Jim

I wonder if it's even possible to fly SFO to Bangkok non-stop?  I know they can go from Tokyo to the east coast, because a girl I know from Japan used to come that way once in a while to visit me.  She said the flight was 14 hours.  But Bangkok is at least another 6 hours, isn't it?

Rex

It is ANA (All Nippon Airlines) that flies non-stop from Dulles Airport, outside Washington, D. C. to Tokyo.  I used it several times when it was first initiated here.  It was great!  However, once it was well-established, the rates went up quite a bit.

I now fly Northwest Airlines and it's reasonable.  I just booked a trip starting Sept. 16 with a return on December 9 for

$725 plus some tax.  I fly from Reagan Naional Airport in D. C. to Detroit, then to Tokyo, then to BKK.  The connections are good with no long layovers.  Don't buy from the NWA website.  Their price is over $ 100 higher.    Roy

I wonder if it's even possible to fly SFO to Bangkok non-stop?  I know they can go from Tokyo to the east coast, because a girl I know from Japan used to come that way once in a while to visit me.  She said the flight was 14 hours.  But Bangkok is at least another 6 hours, isn't it?

Rex

Rex,

I have flown from Newark NJ to Hong Kong which is a 16 hour westbound flight. I believe it is the longest flight in the world if not it is within the top few. They fly over the North Pole and the trip is about 7950 miles.  I talked to the second team pilot on the plane he told me that they could fly the same route with minor changes and go Newark to Bangkok.  We talked for about 45 minutes about flying and about planes and the Boeing 777.  I do hold a pilots license but have not used it for several years so we had a lot of things in common.

The 777 is the state of the art plane flying right now in the skies. After the plane landed in Hong Kong he offered to show me the cockpit of his plane and he punched in the Newark to Bangkok route and showed it to me. The flight computer showed it as being 16 hours and 37 minutes, within the outer edge of the aircrafts range. Boeing has a newer engine for the 777 that will give it much more thrust so this trip will be well within the range. Thai Air applied for and has been granted (or will soon be)  routes over the North Pole, so they will be able to fly Bangkok to Newark, once they upgrade their fleet.

I heard the plan was to be flying non stop by the time they open the new Bangkok Airport. Something to look forward too.

Tight lines,

Fishingtime

EWR to BKK non stop. I lve in Philly and EWR is easy to get to. If I could get double miles with Thai. I get them with United.  I could live with a 18 hour non stop.

Fishingtime,

Here is my flight from SFO to BKKas shown on my E-ticket. The plane does stop in NRT and keeps the same flight number:

United Airlines 837

Boeing 747-400 San Francisco, CA (SFO)

Mon Dec 29 11:30 am  Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)

Tue Dec 30 11:25 pm  7924 52K  Coach Confirmed

Jim

PS 7942 is the Miles and 52k Is my seat number.

After Talking with Onmyway  (Mark) he informed me that sometimes when you have a layover and do not change planes that they will consider it a non stop flight Maybe that's what is happening here ?

Soi 7  

NWA change planes and flight numbers from SFO in Toyko (NRT) so the answer he gave you makes no sense since non stop flight is a term that is defined by the FAA and means without stops, direct flights can stop for fuel and/or passengers. NWA flight #1  goes onto BKK starts at LAX not SFO? Many of these website operators don't understand the airlines.

Just a clarification of terms.

Direct flight - Will make stops, but you remain with the same aircraft.

Non Stop flight. One take off and landing.

747-400ER entered service 2002 and has  a range of 7670 nautical miles.

777-200ER has a range of 7730 nautical miles.

777-200LR has a range of 8,865 nautical miles.

777-300ER has a range of 7,250 nautical miles.

One thing we have to remember is even with an aircraft with a range that can accomodate SFO to BKK a demand to fill up the aircraft would be needed before they offered that service.  The last time I flew direct from LAX to BKK on Thai Air about half the passengers departed at Narita.

Emil

Emil,

How long was that ? And does Thai still go LAX-BKK Nonstop ?

Soi 7,

I flew LAX-BKK direct, not non stop, this past May.  My flight was with UA using 60k miles, Sacramento to BKK.  The SOB's routed me Sacramento to LAX ( United Express) with a 6 hour layover before I headed to Narita on Thai Air.  The return flight was all the way with United and it was through SFO.

Emil

• 3 weeks later...

Check UAL.com for the real info....

As to the other stuff.....Thats a long ride and you have a bit of time in Narita...Work your legs, walk and enjoy some shopping.  Buy a carton of Ciggis at 15 USD for a BG and you are the King!  

I fly often, hold United 1K and always get into business class. Shite, I like the little brake...short one from UA.

if you are doing the LA/SFO BKK run Still arrive BKK with the rest at 2230 or so.

BTW the guy in row 52 had better plan for cold food...That is the bleachers.

What is the difference between "direct flight" and "non-stop"??  I was under the impression I would be flying straight to BKK from SFO without any stops in between.

17hr.

Thanks

Direct flight - you stay on the plane when it refuels in Tokyo

Non-stop  - you make no stops between here and Bangkok.

I fly EVA and it takes 15:45 hours going and 14:20 hours returning plus 2:30 waiting going and 2:50 coming back.

United schedules a fast stop in Toyko but it can bite you in the ass if they are late getting into Toyko.  Last time they had me in Toyko in time to catch the flight to SFO but wouldn't let me board because they couldn't get the luggage changed fast enough.  So a theoretical 17:30 hour flight turned out to be something like 23 hours.  

I called my ticket agent and sure enough its a "direct flight".

Wish they could have encluded it on my itinerary!

Oh well,  guess it's just part of being new to international travel.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up!!

Shawn

On United in Narita you will get off the plane...there is a plane change.. No big deal....walk thre more metal/bag check and on to the new gate.  IN and out of SFO is UA 838 and 837  SFO-NRT-BKK  from Narita it is UA's only flight in that day!  In Sept the equipment will change to a 747, good news for those who want to upgrade!  Before upgrades in and out of BKK ended up for Preimer Exec's and 1k only.  The flight arrives about 22:30 to 23:30 and the same plane departs at 0700 the next morning.