Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Retire in LOS on less than 65.000 Euro

I thought this was something for the Funnies Section:

So here is how you can retire in Thailand on 2.5mb.

Going back to New Nordic, if you invest 2,500,000 Baht you will receive yearly returns of 250,000 Baht just over20,000 Baht per month,

HOW YOU CAN LIVE IN THAILAND ON 20,000THB PER MONTH!!!

A monthly budget of 20,000 Baht is more than enough to live a very comfortable life. :llaugh

http://lovepattayathailand.com/how-to-retire-in-thailand-for-less-than-2-5-million-baht/

Edited by groover

The links seem to be stalled. In any event, a person could probably survive on 20,000 a month, but that's about it. And you still need some money in the bank to satisfy the immigration people.

$575 a month? Maybe if I sleep behind the bar.

I guess a person could find a rental for 5000 or 6000 baht a month. Can you still get a Thai food meal for 35 baht? Three of those a day would be 3,150 baht a month. Electricity in a fan room shouldn't be that much. The true Cheap Charlie experience.

I guess a person could find a rental for 5000 or 6000 baht a month. Can you still get a Thai food meal for 35 baht? Three of those a day would be 3,150 baht a month. Electricity in a fan room shouldn't be that much. The true Cheap Charlie experience.

yikes, I know you're correct but it is barley above being homeless.

I think this will explain all the optimism.

Making the correct investment!

There is a unique investment opportunity from a company called New Nordic in Pattaya.

New Nordic are open to private investors, and they have set up their company in such a way that they have successfully offered and paid investors fixed returns of 10% per annum for over 7 years now.

Invest with New Nordic!!!

What can go wrong?

- Resell is extremely difficult

- Already saw articles about them and with reference to Ponzi scheme...

Actual documented ownership is also a challenge with that mob. Andrew Drummond has dedicated a large slice of cyber-space to New Nordic and a number of related companies than have a similar attitude to ethics and honesty.

Did people actually get a 10 percent yearly returns on invested money?

Hard to believe that in times of negative interest rates , below zero, for a growing number of borrowers.

Edited by groover

Did people actually get a 10 percent yearly returns on invested money?

Hard to believe that in times of negative interest rates , below zero, for a growing number of borrowers.

No one gets a guaranteed 10% these days. In the US, if a person is willing to take the risk, some of the phone utility stocks pay around 5%. ATT, Verizon, etc. The dividends are probably safe, but if rates go up generally, the stocks will go down.

Edited by js007

Anyone who falls for that scam deserves to lose their money. No way could they guarantee full occupancy on a shoe box. I can't figure out how they avoid going to jail.

I know that even a cheap charlie like myself would find it hard to live on 20,000 baht a month,I could quite easily if not happily, but If I was given the choice of living there on a fairly low monthly stipend or living on that same money in the UK then LOS would win hands down every time.

20KB a month, I think they must be thinking of octogenarians who have no lead left in their pencils...

Edited by Basil B