Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi,

Lizzie Armistead has avoided being banned from the Olympics on a technicality. She missed 3 tests in 12 months but one of the tests wasn’t carried out properly, apparently !

Russia has been singled out for special treatment because of politics, but drugs in sport are widespread all over the World. In America many of the top players in sports like American football and baseball have been convicted of taking steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. Some of the American athletes who will perform in Rio have served bans for similar offences.

In Spain the Government are trying to destroy blood evidence related to many top football and tennis players from Spain and other parts of the World. In Wales even amateur rugby has admitted that steroids are prevalent in their sport and if you look at rugby players from many years ago they were much less bulked than they are these days. The gym can only do so much !

One has to ask another question. What is a “food supplement” and what is an illegal drug ? Who decides which is which ? How about substances being taken which can’t be detected or are not recognised as being performance enhancing ?

It’s a massive problem, and I believe the tests should be scrapped as they are being used in a political way. Top sportsmen have a psychopathic personality and will cheat and deny it all day long. It doesn’t matter where in the World the sportsmen come from, they all essentially have the same mental make-up. Smart doctors make a lot of money from doping and they couldn’t care less about the health of their marionettes.

Finally, I have been a critic of Lance Armstrong for many years, and he was finally caught. I would like to apologise to him as I’m sure he only took drugs because he wanted to win, and couldn’t compete against the other drug taking cyclists without the help of drugs. I’m sure all his main competitors were on drugs as well.

• Upvote 2

Russia has been singled out wholesale because it was "State Sponsored" and actively facillitated the deceipt, also a "reputable" whistleblower reported the acts. Had the same powers and inclination been in place in the past, I am certain that similar wholesale actions would have been taken against East Germany and possibly China too. Nothing to do with politics.

• Upvote 1

Russia has been singled out wholesale because it was "State Sponsored" and actively facillitated the deceipt, also a "reputable" whistleblower reported the acts. Had the same powers and inclination been in place in the past, I am certain that similar wholesale actions would have been taken against East Germany and possibly China too. Nothing to do with politics.

Hi,

Ah, yes. But would similar action be taken against the US or UK ? It's not like none have been found guilty in the past.

Hi,

Ah, yes. But would similar action be taken against the US or UK ? It's not like none have been found guilty in the past.

Not "State sponsored" or "State Administered" though. Individual cases will be found world wide; the reason that the USA figures look so damning is due to the relatively huge number of professional sportsmen/women in the country.

exactly!

Cheating goes so far back and now is so deep it has spoiled sports. Lance Armstrong and some big named baseball players kind of ruined it for me.

When I was a sophomore in high school I ran the mile in about 5 minutes. I was good and could compete in the under varsity level. To be world class I would have had to shave off over fifteen seconds a lap. We did not have steroids and HGH like today. You never heard of that stuff. It was around, obviously, but we were naive. If someone had told me then that I could shave off 10 seconds a lap I might have taken the stuff. Maybe some blood doping as well.

I am glad I was never tempted.

When I was a sophomore in high school I ran the mile in about 5 minutes. I was good and could compete in the under varsity level. To be world class I would have had to shave off over fifteen seconds a lap. We did not have steroids and HGH like today. You never heard of that stuff. It was around, obviously, but we were naive. If someone had told me then that I could shave off 10 seconds a lap I might have taken the stuff. Maybe some blood doping as well.

I am glad I was never tempted.

Hi,

I don't think it's worth it. Many of them seem to die young. Remember Flo-Jo ?

Welsh Rugby Union seems to escape the scrutiny it deserves.There would have been many historic high profile captures if steroid use was targeted a decade or so ago.

There is a lot to be desired missing from all Rugby Union testing. International level is monitored "reasonably" but within the National leagues in England it is farcical. At the two clubs I have been involved with (One a "Championship" side and another National 1) we were allowed to pick 2 of our players to go for a post match test, were the testers there. The wingers and half-backs were forever being tested !!!! :rolleyes:

With regards to the steroid use stretching back to the 80s as far as I was aware, I find it incredible that "Creatine" (even openly endorsed by Percy Montgomery) was, and still is as far as I know, considered an acceptable drug!

Hi,

I saw Dick Pound interviewed yesterday and he reminded the interviewer that Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong never failed a test. That's a major problem, the more sophisticated countries can evade disclosure..

Hi,

I saw Dick Pound interviewed yesterday and he reminded the interviewer that Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong never failed a test. That's a major problem, the more sophisticated countries can evade disclosure..

A major problem was/is the "masking drugs", an area that the USA led the world in unfortunately.
  • 2 weeks later...