Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Social Security good news--administrative

A small bit of good news about dealing with Social Security. I had sent a message to the Social Security office in Manila http://FBU.Manila@ssa.gov asking about how to change my address within Thailand. I included my new address on the off chance it was that easy. A few days later I got this, "Good morning. Address has been upated." :thumbup

• Upvote 1

A small bit of good news about dealing with Social Security. I had sent a message to the Social Security office in Manila http://FBU.Manila@ssa.gov asking about how to change my address within Thailand. I included my new address on the off chance it was that easy. A few days later I got this, "Good morning. Address has been upated." :thumbup

It would be nice if they could establish direct deposit of the monthly government checks.

It would be nice if they could establish direct deposit of the monthly government checks.

Check out this bank. I don't know if they offer direct deposit.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringIntoThailand/ReceivingFundsfromUSA/Pages/ReceivingFundsfromUSA.aspx

Edited by BigDUSA

Bangkok Bank offers direct deposit of social security checks but the account has the restriction that you have to collect the money in person (i.e. so the SSA knows you're alive). This is a special account you can set up with Bangkok Bank but you're paying monthly transfer fees so it's better use a US bank for direct deposit and transfer funds to Thailand annually IMHO.

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 1

Bangkok Bank offers direct deposit of social security checks but the account has the restriction that you have to collect the money in person (i.e. so the SSA knows you're alive). This is a special account you can set up with Bangkok Bank but you're paying monthly transfer fees so it's better use a US bank for direct deposit and transfer funds to Thailand annually IMHO.

Thanks for the update.

Good info. I'll add that using direct deposit of Soc Sec to a US bank, you can then use ACH to transfer money whenever you need it to the New York branch of Bangkok Bank.

For those that missed it, good thread on International transfers (American Bank to Thai Bank)

they do if you will pay the Bangkok Bank fee. I am sure I did a couple years ago. Bangkok

Bank in New York has a RTN and SS will send to any RTN.

Edited by JONPAT
  • 6 years later...