Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2016-17

Winners ?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

This season will be one of the most interesting for a long time. After Leicester City’s great victory last year there will be a foxhunt comprising some of the most elite managers of World football. Guardiola makes his debut in the Premier League while Mourinho returns. Conte also makes his debut after an impressive performance managing Italy at Euro 2016. Add in Klopp and Wenger and the promising young managers Howe, Pochettino and Koeman and one has a feeling that the managers will have a major impact on results this season. Further down the league it will be interesting to see how David Moyes does at Sunderland. They have under-achieved in the PL.

Footballers are still an important part of the equation, however. Pogba and Ibrahimovic are big signings for Man Utd and they have got to be in the mix. Man City have just signed Stones and Pep has improved players like Boateng in his position. Boateng was excellent for Germany in the summer and looks a much improved player under Guardiolas tutelage. Chelsea are still trying to buy some players and Conte has arrived late. Add in that Chelsea is a Russian owned club, can’t see them getting too many decisions in the current political environment. Arsenal have their usual injuries, but Granite (good name)seems a good signing. Let’s hope Wenger puts his hand in his pocket a few more times! Arsenal beat the champions home and away last year but still came up short which has annoyed my gooner friends no end. Spurs Pochettino has a difficult job to raise his players after a disappointing end to the season and the calamity of Englands performance at Euro16. Liverpool have bought players who are not big stars but may suit the style Klopp plays.

Bookmakers seem to think the title will be decided between the Manchester teams. Of the two, I would prefer City even though Mourinho has kept me in fine Claret over the years. I feel Jose has less top players than Pep to play with this season.

Being a gold bug is a boring occupation so I like to have a gamble on the football. Liverpool are 10/1 win only and can be backed each way at 9/1. They are around 2/1 to finish in the top 4. I like what Klopp done at Dortmund, with limited funds, and I think he has a chance of repeating the performance at Liverpool. They are a similar club with great support and not too much money. No one is tipping them to win so wac is going to !

Edited by wacmedia
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   C'mon man.City were vastly superior. I'm not a City fan BTW.

typical liverpool ... your bet will be sunk by the end of march ..... are you a liverpool fan lol

only ones that are breathing :)

Liverpool is in the poll two times.

Instead of 10 teams in the poll it might be better with 9 and as no. 10 One of the other teams in PL

Liverpool is in the poll two times.

Instead of 10 teams in the poll it might be better with 9 and as no. 10 One of the other teams in PL

Hi,

Thanks. Have no idea how that happened ? :clueless

I believe in Guardiola so I vote for Manchester C.

But my heart still says Arsenal – so I hope I am wrong ...

Hi,

Hope your heart is right. :bhappy

Sunderland in the poll :bhappy

It is the same as you had put Leicester there before last season ...

Hi,

Sunderland voted, by a large majority, OUT in the Brexit vote. I like David Moyes as well. :D

Hi,

Impressed with Man Utd and Liverpool . Still to early to judge and I'm sure there will be more signings. I though Bournemouth might go down last year but they survived. Will they survive this season ?

Hi,

Chelsea impress against West Ham. Mr Abramovich can have no complaints against Anthony Taylor. I miss CT and Nidnoyham on this thread. :cry1

Hi,

Man Utd fans can look forward to seeing Pogba tonight. Kun scored a hat-trick for City the other night so things are looking good in Manchester.

Hi,

Wac had a great weekend, with both Manchester clubs winning and Everton made the bet better. It was all going over on the Hammers on Sunday. I had to stop watching at half time. West Ham were that bad. But they won in the end. :clap1

Hi,

Spurs v Liverpool is the game of the weekend. I was great to here Alan Curbishly on Alan Brazil the other morning. I wonder what Charlton fans think now ? I feel sorry for Brazil as he has to carry deadbeat ex-footballers most days. He has Dominic Cork on sometimes and he is pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I thought Man City were great yesterdfay. I really enjoyed their style of play. Man Utd looked poor in comparison. Liverpool give me hope after an excellent display against the Champions, Leicester City, in their refurbished home.

Man City were lucky yesterday , another case of bad refereeing yet again , and i dont think much of there new goalkeeper , he looks like he will let a few in this season............Another lucky win for Arsenal again in the dying seconds , it's a funny old game init...........

Man City were lucky yesterday , another case of bad refereeing yet again , and i dont think much of there new goalkeeper , he looks like he will let a few in this season............Another lucky win for Arsenal again in the dying seconds , it's a funny old game init...........

Hi,

C'mon man.City were vastly superior. I'm not a City fan BTW.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, Man City "lucky"?

They tore Man U apart in the first half. DeBruyne and his midfield were totally dominant. The new keeper was nervous and gifted Man U a few chances. The better team clearly won, IMHO and according to media reports. Shame it wasn't a better game from a neutral viewpoint.

BTW, how does Fellaini get a game in that company? He was comically pathetic, just jogging up and back but nowhere near the action.

As for "surging" Stoke City :frustrated1: , no need to panic yet but we need a win to state the obvious. Right now we aren't keeping possession and play too many meaningless back passes that put the defense in danger instead of pushing forward.

Hi,

Great weekend for the scousers as both Everton ans Liverpool win. Both were backed by your eminent poster so it was a good weekend for him as well. Man Utd are shocked at Watford. How long can Jose last ????????

Hi,

Wac had a bad weekend on the Premier League after Everton lose at Bournemouth. It was offset by the great performance of Arsenal in hammering Chelsea. At this stage it looks like my selection, Liverpool, are in with a shout. Man City look hot favs though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

What a performance by Hazard and co.. :clap1 They were determined to give Jose a kicking. I was surprised Mata and Carrick weren't in the United line up after solid games against Liverpool. We were dancing on the Kings Road last night. :party :gulp