Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

Not much has changed since last night.

20160822_170553.jpg

Although there is some variation in the rate offered.

20160822_140247.jpg

As an idea how about we try to find the best and the worst rates on a given day. The banks are the obvious targets for the worst rate.

• Upvote 1

With all the recent "turmoil"! I will be "happy" if I can get say 45 baht for a £ when Im there in September.

I do look online from time to time , at the banks rates..............but thanks for posting....much better to see the actual street rates!

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Here is this morning's contribution, looks like the aussie peso has improved slightly.

20160823_092552.jpg

I'm off to the jungle for a couple of days so if someone else would like to keep adding to the thread it would be nice.

• Upvote 1

Here is this morning's contribution, looks like the aussie peso has improved slightly.

attachicon.gif20160823_092552.jpg

I'm off to the jungle for a couple of days so if someone else would like to keep adding to the thread it would be nice.

Any idea what they are SELLING USD for? as i will be wanting to buy at least $1000 worth next month.

Thanks for the updates CP. I doubt that Sterling will hit 50 again for a long while, but still, it is nice to see it the right side of 45, if nothing better. But we have Brexit to thank for that.

Thanks for the updates CP. I doubt that Sterling will hit 50 again for a long while, but still, it is nice to see it the right side of 45, if nothing better. But we have Brexit to thank for that.

Along with a year high FTSE, which might be better for your pension than a temporary drop of 5 baht to the sterling in the exchange rate.

• Upvote 1

Along with a year high FTSE, which might be better for your pension than a temporary drop of 5 baht to the sterling in the exchange rate.

Perhaps I should sell my Thai house and take the profit in £ terms and go live back in the UK? ......No I don't think so.

According to my graph, back below 45/£ today.... that is nearly as low as it got in April 2013. That one was caused by the EU/Euro crisis.

It isn't recovering any-time soon, but, during my recent trip to UK very little was being mentioned of this and family members were still going off on overseas holidays despite the weak £.

Perhaps I should sell my Thai house and take the profit in £ terms and go live back in the UK? ......No I don't think so.

According to my graph, back below 45/£ today.... that is nearly as low as it got in April 2013. That one was caused by the EU/Euro crisis.

It isn't recovering any-time soon, but, during my recent trip to UK very little was being mentioned of this and family members were still going off on overseas holidays despite the weak £.

Yep, people are still holidaying, but perhaps being a bit more sensible on family holidays where a lower rate would maybe have a bigger impact on the overall spend than of a single guy or couple travelling. A poor rate is a pain in the bum, but not a deal breaker as to whether to take a trip or not.

Can you recall the rock bottom figures in 2013 Jacko?. I can vaguely recall 44 / 46 in the Feb of 2013. I was there at the time and although it turned out to be my worst trip ever, the rate didn't bother me that much.

I agree that it's just a matter of riding the storm, there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

All the Brexiteers claimed it would it would be a short term dip and it would recover..... well, at the moment there doesn't seem to be any sign of recovery.

Yep, people are still holidaying, but perhaps being a bit more sensible on family holidays where a lower rate would maybe have a bigger impact on the overall spend than of a single guy or couple travelling. A poor rate is a pain in the bum, but not a deal breaker as to whether to take a trip or not.

Can you recall the rock bottom figures in 2013 Jacko?. I can vaguely recall 44 / 46 in the Feb of 2013. I was there at the time and although it turned out to be my worst trip ever, the rate didn't bother me that much.

I agree that it's just a matter of riding the storm, there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

I only have the 'TT' rate off the SCB site showing 43.5 baht/£, date 23/04/2013 as my minimum, but I wasn't in the habit of recording it daily. It soon started to recover from that. A little more 'action' in the UK might move it back up. Coincidentally, looking at Biz Class airfares on Emirates ex Manchester yesterday shows they have gone down in £! Low season I know but I thought less than last year.

Just did a transfer through Bangkok Bank and only got 34.38 for my fantasy USD funds, whereas real USD notes would have gotten 34.52 THB/USD.

I have been under the impression that the TT rate was better than anything you could get on the street by a small amount. Under that assumption, I came back to Thailand without any USD cash because I thought I'd get more via transfer.

The rates vary during the day, my interest is in the AUD (australian peso) it was offered in a 10 satang range yesterday by CC. I saw a range of over 25 satang at the different booths and the banks were worse again.

Was worse by the close of trade. Not much on 1 dollar but starts to add up when you change a couple of hundred.

20160830_131402.jpg

• Upvote 1

Anyone got the GBP latest?

I don't know whether to send a lump now or take sterling, at the moment I'll get 45.6 less commission (which isn't alot).

:)

£ just bumped up yesterday.

If you plan on sending money obviously look at the SCB or Bangkok bank sites.

The cash rate at say the TT exchange places normally looks a tiny bit better, and the bank takes B500 off me as well.

Edited by jacko