Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

Sorry that was my last instalment for the foreseeable future.

Am currently sitting in KLIA2 awaiting my flight to Perth in about 8 hours.

Maybe some other member can post the occasional photo of the rates as they wonder the dusty streets of sin city.

Today at TT .... £ was 46.10 !!!!

Then 46.02 ... and last saw today at 46.00

Sorry .... don't carry a phone .... so no photo ...

:chogdee

Spud

That will do for me!

Im there in 3 weeks time...........I would be quite happy to get 45 baht to a pound.

That will do for me!

Im there in 3 weeks time...........I would be quite happy to get 45 baht to a pound.

Seriously? I would be happier to get 50+.

How our expectations have changed!

• Upvote 1

Guys I'm not too sure how accurate the OANDA website / currency exchange figures are but they're giving 46.11 at the moment.

Meanwhile any improvement is welcome and I agree Jacko, breaking the magical 50 milestone will be a welcome sight.

Seriously? I would be happier to get 50+.

How our expectations have changed!

When I say happy.............I mean happy that its hit 45.after all the brexit malarkey etc!

Just a few years ago, it was around the 43 ish mark.............took a few years to get up to 50.............

I aim to retire in about 4 years time........Will be spending about 5 or 6 months in Thailand every year then........Id be happy if its 50 or more then!

• Upvote 1

Taken today at Central Festival ground floor as an example of an exchange you DON'T want to use!

5d111f5d02dd075f5b170ffea4d60750.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that has more to do with events in a hospital in Bangkok than the strength of the dollar. TT showing 43.55 for GBP and 35.6 for USD this afternoon.

The USD is at a (since July) high against the Euro as well, so it's not related solely to hospital situation.

A jump from 34.85 on Saturday to 35.7 today. Nice climb in a few days just in time for my trip Monday. I just hope I will be able to spend it.

Edited by ttk

In terms of Pattaya the improvement in the $US is a two edged sword. The apparent reason is the likelihood of the interest rates improving anytime soon in the US. People want their dollars to earn dollars and as interest rates improve more money will be converted into dollars.

The other side of the coin is that other currencies will fall as they become less popular to US citizens and banks. The overall effect therefore could be that less people come to Thailand as the rate of their currency decreases. All this assumes of course that the Thai baht does not plummet as well.

The USD is at a (since July) high against the Euro as well, so it's not related solely to hospital situation.

Janet Yellen promising a rate hike in December caused most of it according to some talking heads. She really means it this time.

Janet Yellen promising a rate hike in December caused most of it according to some talking heads. She really means it this time.

Good days for the $ then..... Sterling not so. Worrying situation for the UK guys on a fixed pension, may struggle to prove they have sufficient income for the retirement extension. I hope the British bar owners introduce some sympathy specials!

Edited by jacko

I thought I'd buy some Aussie dollars with baht today......I'm paying another visit to my sons graduation.....

Seeing the baht drop fills me with joy pound wise but using baht to buy Aussie dollars before it falls further meant I lost about 7 dollars from yesterday's rate on XE.

Still it's only money.

I thought I'd buy some Aussie dollars with baht today......I'm paying another visit to my sons graduation.....

Seeing the baht drop fills me with joy pound wise but using baht to buy Aussie dollars before it falls further meant I lost about 7 dollars from yesterday's rate on XE.

Still it's only money.

Good attitude.... buy the Oz$ with £!