Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sunday morning rates, looks like Fridays Sterling improvement has filtered through, partially!

Yenjit, next to Megabreak Pool on Soi Diana.

JJExc.jpg

TT Exchange, Soi Buakhao opposite Soi Excite.

TTExch.jpg

Not much between them!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

Hi,

I was walking on the Thames riverside around Chelsea yesterday. It's amazing how much Asian money is invested along the Battersea side of the river. Is there anything the Brits own in their country anymore ?

The baht hit 32.84 at about 8:00am tuesday morning here in the USA. Highest it's been in sometime.

Thanks to the USA - China trade war that's brewing, it might go even higher. That would be nice.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to the USA - China trade war that's brewing, it might go even higher. That would be nice.

Well it would be thanks to Trump then, but many would rather eat dirt than admit that!

Edited by jacko

This is the one who is trying to imitate TT. They use the same colours and fonts on their booths. One difference is they use an A4 page listing their rates rather than the popular rates shown on the window.

PSX_20180620_112222.jpg

• Upvote 1

But if my retirement savings crump as a result of the trade war . . . Edited by nkped

Why would a trade war strengthen the US dollar?

It is a popular belief that all involved suffer from restrictions on free trade - not sure I agree completely though.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

My first baht-dollar mark was met today when the baht closed at 32.84, which equals 1 US dollar. Nice move in the last week or so. My (wishful dreaming) goal is 34 baht by november 1st when my move SHOULD be complete. Good luck to all board members no matter what currency you hold.

My first baht-dollar mark was met today when the baht closed at 32.84, which equals 1 US dollar. Nice move in the last week or so. My (wishful dreaming) goal is 34 baht by november 1st when my move SHOULD be complete. Good luck to all board members no matter what currency you hold.

I hold £ Sterling, we need more than luck!!!

Why would a trade war strengthen the US dollar?

It is a popular belief that all involved suffer from restrictions on free trade - not sure I agree completely though.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

So far, at least, one theory for the stronger dollar is a move out of currencies of emerging markets. A flight to safety, of sorts. However it happens, I'm all for a stronger dollar. Of course, the stock markets are long overdue for a correction, in any event. Nothing makes much sense anymore.

The exchange rate for my Canadian dollars to baht was crap for most of my last five-month trip and continues to be so.....I can only hope it improves somewhat over the next few months until my return but I'm not gonna hold my breath....

Sunday 24th June 2018.

ttExch24Jun18.jpg

USD up 30 satang

GBP up 35 satang

EUR up 50 satang

Oz up 22 satang

CAD up 12 satang

Just for teelack NZD up 8 satang!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

I was walking on the Thames riverside around Chelsea yesterday. It's amazing how much Asian money is invested along the Battersea side of the river. Is there anything the Brits own in their country anymore ?

The National Debt ?

The National Debt ?

Hi,

Ha, Ha. Most the Police stations in Central London are upmarket apartments now. I notice lots of various public buildings(Librarys, Dole offices etc... are being flogged off .

Friday 29th Morning Rates...

TTExc29June18.jpg

USD up 26 satang

GBP down 25 satang

EUR up 8 satang

Oz$ down 12 satang

CAD up 21 satang

Just for teelack NZD down 32 satang!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 3

Baht at 33.27 at 8pm monday evening. Big jump up today. Interesting chart the last month or two. What do you think about 34 and if so when. Yes; I know I am very opimistic. lol lol lol

On a transfer to Bangkok Bank got 32.86 to the USD. Usually about 20 satang behind the TT rate.

Showing 33.19 at TT for USD from this site!

Edited by jacko

On a transfer to Bangkok Bank got 32.86 to the USD. Usually about 20 satang behind the TT rate.

Hi,

Always thought $=40.

Twenty years ago, that would be about right. It could get there again, perhaps.

Hi,

There are too many variables to trade currency. IMO.