Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

He raised the rate and the £ has been dropping ever since!!!

Ye, the UK has to be the only country that raises interest rates and their currency falls. I realise there is a lot more going on but bloody annoying.

Regards.

Ye, the UK has to be the only country that raises interest rates and their currency falls. I realise there is a lot more going on but bloody annoying.

Regards.

It's like after the Brexit vote.......Some Brexiteers claimed the big drop immediately after the result was only a temporary dip....... We're still waiting for the bounce back over 2 years later!!!!

Today the £ hit a long term low for the past decade.

Transferring some to the local bank will get you 41.8 baht per £ this morning.

Shxt, I think I will go waste a bunch of baht tonight!

Today the £ hit a long term low for the past decade.

Transferring some to the local bank will get you 41.8 baht per £ this morning.

Shxt, I think I will go waste a bunch of baht tonight!

Yellow TT at time of post is 42.15 but Kasikorn traditionally the lowest will likely be in the 40.s at time of post

And here are this afternoon's rates.

exc20181708.jpg

It's all downward again, indicating a general strengthening of the baht!

USD down 5 satang

GBP down 35 satang

EUR down 33 satang

Oz$ down 28 satang

CAD down 21 satang

Just for teelack NZD down 6 satang

On 1 week ago.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Yes the Baht ended 19 Satang stronger against the Greenback from the start of the week to last nights close. That will exercebate Steling/Baht declining rate with both pairings double whammy in the wrong direction

Edited by Rawhide2

Lot of people bailing on winter trips. Some seem to go through 10,000 a day with ease but no one can burn £250 daily continuously including hotel

Euro and aussie dollar weak adding to the demise of visitors. Lowest "high" season on record coming up

Edited by Rawhide2

Yep, Bloke at work has actually changed his 15 day week into a 10 day trip , he reckons that his budget for 15 days should see him through 10. Tough times indeed, and as you said, this will be a delayed impact as trips being cancelled now for the upcoming peak / high season.

When it gets to a point that even a draft beer in a GGB is nearly, or in some cases over £2 it makes sense to start getting loaded with 7/11 San Migs in the room before a night out. God forbid doing a round of LD's in Peppermint!.

We're getting hit on the PHP as well,down to 67 with Philrem at the moment, I was getting 70+ a few weeks ago.

Edited by Butch

This afternoon about 2pm......

exc20182408.jpg

Pretty much all down... usual Sterling slide, exception is the Euro up.

USD loses highest amount!.

USD down 42 satang

GBP down 21 satang

EUR up 13 satang

Oz$ down 25 satang

CAD down 20 satang

Just for teelack NZD down 9 satang

On 1 week ago.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2

could be worse you could be changing it in the uk tesco offering 38.5 bhat to the pound its getting worse ....

Yes, looks like it lost some more value wrt baht yesterday in the afternoon.

Might as well look forward to an even 40!

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep Sterling against the Dollar rising in the "hope" of a half decent Brexit deal

There has been a lot of scare mongering lately, the leader of the IMF, Lagarde, recently spoke and I expected her comments to drive Sterling down more. I picked up a free copy of the UK Newspaper, The I, I was very surprised by the anti-Brexit rhetoric, and quite blatant fear mongering, mind you, I had been buying The Mail previously so quite a contrast. I am sitting on the wall again about sending funds to Thailand, rate is currently so low, but the future may hold some very big shocks to the UK economy, and Sterling... I failed previously to move money ahead of the Brexit vote and that cost me 15%! But of course, in the UK, they focus on the important stuff like making misogyny a hate crime!

Edited by jacko
  • 2 weeks later...

Rates this afternoon. Sorry the pic looks a bit blurred, no idea why, perhaps retribution for buying a cheap $400 phone or not renewing it!

exc20182809.jpg

• Upvote 2