Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

11 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

Less than 38 at Post Office in London.?

Quite a difference and it would be foolish to accept that. Bringing a wad of cash seems to be the way to go these days.

I used a UK Debit Card overseas recently and not only a poor rate but got hit with a £1.50 charge as well. Had that been Thailand there would have been 220 baht on top too! And that was the 'cheaper' of the 2 cards I have. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

On 4/13/2019 at 12:55 AM, jacko said:

Quite a difference and it would be foolish to accept that. Bringing a wad of cash seems to be the way to go these days.

I used a UK Debit Card overseas recently and not only a poor rate but got hit with a £1.50 charge as well. Had that been Thailand there would have been 220 baht on top too! And that was the 'cheaper' of the 2 cards I have. 

Hi,

I can't relax when I'm carrying loads of cash. Since BUST the rules have changed. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got 31.996 to the USD on a debit card purchase at Big C.  Hasn't been to 32, rounding up or otherwise, in a while.

This afternoon. Don't ask me why it says Wednesday!

20190503_140147.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The NZD is still dropping very very slowly.......but I am going in August regardless......

UK Politics has taken Sterling back down!

20190508_185712.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Those bloody assholes in Whitehall!.

20190517_133916.jpg

• Thanks 1

It is more the strength of the baht than the weakness of the pound. The Aussie and NZ dollars are also dropping.  

3 hours ago, awesum4 said:

It is more the strength of the baht than the weakness of the pound. The Aussie and NZ dollars are also dropping.  

Yes USD too, trade tensions with China, Iran concerns. 

Edited by jacko
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes USD too, trade tensions with China, Iran concerns. 

Yes dollar is way down compared to my last trip some years ago.  A strong baht is not great for tourism but must be good for exports.

Hopefully a bounce back in five or six months of some significance. Wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, midlifecrisis said:

A strong baht is not great for tourism but must be good for exports.

Well not really, surely it makes them expensive? 

6 minutes ago, jacko said:

Well not really, surely it makes them expensive? 

Thank you for correcting me. I have always liked the genteel way you have with correcting someone.

I just know that from my end I want a strong dollar.

Um, I think?

:clueless

2 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Thank you for correcting me. I have always liked the genteel way you have with correcting someone.

Um, I think?

I am waiting for a strong Pound Sterling as I need to get a new vehicle,  it has been a long time now!

3 minutes ago, jacko said:

I am waiting for a strong Pound Sterling as I need to get a new vehicle,  it has been a long time now!

I recall years ago that the Brits in Pats were bemoaning a weak Pound. I haven't really kept up with your home currency. I was surprised when I looked a few weeks ago at the dollar. A decade ago you were suffering a decline and we were not. It seems we are in a similar position, although tougher for you as an expat.

Frankly I blame Trump and Brexit but not necessarily in that order.

:whistling:

On 5/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, jacko said:

Last week i checked the forecast for the pound/baht.It predicts that the pound/baht in 2022 will be in the mid 30s.If you can get 42 or 43,take it,or hope brexit will not happen.

Edited by pattysteve
On 5/18/2019 at 8:32 AM, midlifecrisis said:

Um, I think?

Strong dollars are great if you have dollars, but the powers that be in the USA are always doing pretty much everything in their power to keep it weak.  That makes US exports more competitive and that’s their main priority.  Big corporations. They don’t care about savers. It’s all a great game.

Edited by js007
10 hours ago, keyman said:

This was at Heathrow on Friday - robbing bastards!!

CE0DC060-23B1-43E1-9DCF-FFAD7F1DE609.jpeg

Wow......that's 8 baht to the pound difference. 

11 hours ago, awesum4 said:

Wow......that's 8 baht to the pound difference. 

And it doesn't matter where in the world you are, their rates are crap. The only bigger rip-off than Travelex are airport duty-free shops.

• 2 weeks later...

Read 'em and weep!

20190531_131250.jpg

• Sad 1

Two years ago I was getting 23 baht to the kiwi,   now its 20. That's a 17% drop in just 2 years.

But I just booked an apartment on soi 9 for 1,000 baht a night,  in kiwi dollars that's less than i paid 4 years ago. 

3 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

I figure it just means fewer gogo nights and more beer bar nights.

..... or more temples and beaches. ?