Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Today... I know, it says Thursday again.......

20190802_132753.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

What are you on about British app ??  Sterling more illiquid than Thai Baht ??   Dont give up your day job !
I am pretty sure Revolut IS a British app.
At least their homepage says:
"Revolut Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 08804411). Revolut Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, Firm Reference 900562"

And the way the currencies have acted lately people holding British pounds would have lost a lot more than people holding Thai baht. In spite of this Revolut calls Thai baht "illiquid" because they are hard to sell without loss.

I don't intend to give up my job - and I would advice you to not rely too much on your financial knowledge either.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

• Downvote 1
On 8/2/2019 at 12:31 AM, Odense said:

"Revolut Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 08804411). Revolut Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, Firm Reference 900562"

And the way the currencies have acted lately people holding British pounds would have lost a lot more than people holding Thai baht. In spite of this Revolut calls Thai baht "illiquid" because they are hard to sell without loss.

I don't intend to give up my job - and I would advice you to not rely too much on your financial knowledge either.

Just thought I'd mention that your little ISP tracker is full of shit - I wouldn't live in the Northwest Territories if someone paid me too, lol....

• Downvote 1
17 minutes ago, Butch said:

Thai economic forecast leads to rate cut.

https://www.ft.com/content/a65b0b80-b8e7-11e9-8a88-aa6628ac896c

The cut their base rate by 0.25% but It did little to weaken the baht. The chinese devalued the yuan so I guess that as made the baht a better bet for the currency sharks. 

Edited by tombon
4 hours ago, tombon said:

The cut their base rate by 0.25% but It did little to weaken the baht. The chinese devalued the yuan so I guess that as made the baht a better bet for the currency sharks. 

Yes I must admit I was looking to see the rates improve for the foreigners, not much evidence of that. I will try and get a pic from TT today.

And here we are.....

20190809_133204.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 8/2/2019 at 8:31 AM, Odense said:

Dear oh dear. Revolut is a bank expanding at a huge rate and of course uses an app as well as traditional website.

Revolut is officially a bank after securing European banking licence. Feisty fintech start-up is living up to its reputation as the Amazon of banking. Revolut has been granted an official European banking licence and has revealed plans to provide full current accounts.13 Dec 2018

I didnt tell YOU to hold Sterling or the Baht I simply told you that Revolut consider the Baht an illiquid currency. Thats their choice not yours or mine.....

More bad news for sterling today. UK GDP figures for the last 3 months contracted by 0.2%. The worst performance since 2012.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

36.91 at TT exchanges at time of post

Ouch. I’ve got a mate there at the moment with his Mrs and daughter, he said Bangkok is ridiculous with current rates and prices, the pound has weakened 1 baht in a week!.

anyone want to bet a virtual san mig light on how low it’ll be at the end of August ? I would offer to pay for a real one, but at this rate I think I’d struggle to afford it. 

I’ll hedge 35.8 by the end of the month.

Edited by Butch
9 minutes ago, Butch said:

Ouch. I’ve got a mate there at the moment with his Mrs and daughter, he said Bangkok is ridiculous with current rates and prices, the pound has weakened 1 baht in a week!.

anyone want to bet a virtual san mig light on how low it’ll be at the end of August ? I would offer to pay for a real one, but at this rate I think I’d struggle to afford it. 

I’ll hedge 35.8 by the end of the month.

Boris outright lying claiming he wants an orderly Brexit (but doing absolutely nothing in obtaining it) but come high water will walk us over a cliff with no deal is starting to hit home on financial markets......any success in ruling out no deal by Corbyns mob will however see Sterling rise quite quickly again. Probably 35.8 as you say is a fair shout

• Like 1

I jumped in here to post this awful Sterling News, you lot are ahead of me,

Sub 37, fuck me, what a state. I will have to go to the UK for a cheap shag!

Edited by jacko
9 hours ago, Bazle said:

If you're that desperate, this place is closer! 

http://www.pattayasheepfarm.com/?lang=en

Just up the road from me. I was behind Teelack in the queue so decided not to bother. 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Butch said:

36.87 according to the tt fb page.

And so it continues.

Will be a little higher Butch now albeit little consolation.  Sterlings up 0.5% currently on the day.....looks to be around 37.07 at TT at time of post

On 8/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, Rawhide2 said:

Boris outright lying claiming he wants an orderly Brexit (but doing absolutely nothing in obtaining it) but come high water will walk us over a cliff with no deal is starting to hit home on financial markets......any success in ruling out no deal by Corbyns mob will however see Sterling rise quite quickly again. Probably 35.8 as you say is a fair shout

Hi,

I dont think its possible to get a deal before Brexit. After, it will be, they want to sell to us and we want to sell to them. Business is business.

18 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

I dont think its possible to get a deal before Brexit. After, it will be, they want to sell to us and we want to sell to them. Business is business.

Stock markets dive after German results announced. Everyone blamed Brexit for the UK economy contracting but it is happening to Germany too. 

No deal seems the only solution!

I have posted rates in GGB Reviews. 

4 hours ago, jacko said:

Stock markets dive after German results announced. Everyone blamed Brexit for the UK economy contracting but it is happening to Germany too. 

No deal seems the only solution!

I have posted rates in GGB Reviews. 

Hi,

Trade war US V China is the main problem.  Imagine if that goes hot ??? Exchange rates will be the least of our problems if that happens.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, tombon said:

On a brighter note looks like the £ as stabilised this week so far. And maybe we might finish tomorrow with a weekly gain.

Yes up again today as well. Sterling rising against the Dollar for now the reason. Almost certainly (in fact 99%) because Tories now coming out and openly saying they'll vote against their own party to get rid of a no deal exit in a confidence vote.....if that chatter rises Sterling will continue north