Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where the hell did they get that Sterling rate from.....even though Sterlings edged back it should be at least 37.55 at time of post....They are making a huge bundle if people are actually changing up

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

I know Boris comes across like a bumbling twat, but he is actually a very intelligent and articulate man. I actually think his brother is brighter than he is, but lacks the ambition.

He's played Macron and Merkel well, I thinkperhaps they both underestimated him.

Whatever happens on the 3rd, Corbyn in charge of the UK would make no deal fallout look like a stroke of financial genius, we're talking about a bloke who put Diane Abbott in as shadow HS, and that sneaky turd Mcdonnell is 10x worse than blair.

Anyway, to keep on topic, Sterlnig seems to have settled into the 36.8-37.3 doldrums where it may well rest for some time. I'm still hedging on 35.8 before long though...

6 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Where the hell did they get that Sterling rate from.....even though Sterlings edged back it should be at least 37.55 at time of post....They are making a huge bundle if people are actually changing up

They must use some complicated formula with delays in it. If the margins were too close maybe a sudden drop would catch them out! It spiked up as you say, and has the potential to spike down.

Let's not get too political in this thread though. 

Edited by jacko
7 hours ago, jacko said:

They must use some complicated formula with delays in it. If the margins were too close maybe a sudden drop would catch them out! It spiked up as you say, and has the potential to spike down.

Let's not get too political in this thread though. 

Yep fair enough.

Today's rates at TT.

20190823_125617.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Bazle said:

What time was that, Jacko? 

The GBP was 37.30 at around 2.30pm at TT. 

1pm. 

• Thanks 1

I heard a yarn that a lot of these currency converter booths deliberately set the rate slightly lower towards close of business on Friday as the rates remain static over the weekend, thus reaping any benefits until opening time friday morning.

Any truth in that?.

Good too see Sterling has lifted ever so slightly, maybe a slight lift on the potential good news coming out of Europe. Bank hloiday in the UK on monday so probably not much to see until Tuesday morning.

13 hours ago, Butch said:

I heard a yarn that a lot of these currency converter booths deliberately set the rate slightly lower towards close of business on Friday as the rates remain static over the weekend, thus reaping any benefits until opening time friday morning.

Any truth in that?.

Certainly but that works both ways. The underlying grey markets might substantionally move up within a weekend period (imagine for example a brexit deal announced over a weekend) but equally likely and in fact even more so some negative news over the weekend will spike Sterling/Dollar (for example) sharply lower on open .If they've been exchanging money all weekend at 50 satang higher than interbank opens on Monday morning you can see the problem but obviously works both ways

You can always see where TT is in relation to Interbank because on "live" updates that we see on most of the window shots Sterling will be around 21 Satang lower (ish). Bear in mind though markets can move quickly in the interim so only a guideline

On that basis Interbank closed at 37.31 last night (Baht gained a LOT of strength against Dollar late yesterday) so on a weekday you'd expect it around 37.10 at TT exchanges....need to have someone on the ground to show rates today to see how it fairs in comparison.

We have seen some pretty big errors recently from TT on weekends where they have had it higher than interbank though

Dollar/Baht ended week at 30.40 interbank a savage increase in value for the Baht unfortunately

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Thanks 1

Am not sure whats occuring in this locked down weekend period. Dollar/Baht and Sterling/Baht is wildly fluctuating up and down and it shouldnt be moving at all on Interbank

Have just seen Sterling at 37.40 which is wildly wrong and then some so fill your boots lol

Edited by Rawhide2

The $NZ still dropping. Luckily I have enough money to last till I fly out on Sunday....I think

Went back and looked at the OP from August 2016.  The USD hasn't slipped as much as the £.  For some reason, that doesn't make me feel better.?

Markets were spooked by johnstone potentially announcing a general election. He didn't. So expect the up and down volatility to continue. Am betting GBP going up tomorrow.

5 hours ago, tombon said:

Markets were spooked by johnstone potentially announcing a general election. He didn't. So expect the up and down volatility to continue. Am betting GBP going up tomorrow.

Well it certainly went down yesterday. British politics eh..... what a shower of useless twits.

23 minutes ago, jacko said:

Well it certainly went down yesterday. British politics eh..... what a shower of useless twits.

He can't just call a general election because he must get a majority of two thirds of the MPs that's about 430 to vote for it,that's because of David Cameron's fixed term parliament act.

If they vote to make a law to stop a no deal brexit and labour vote against a general election he is in trouble.

18 minutes ago, yselmike said:

He can't just call a general election because he must get a majority of two thirds of the MPs that's about 430 to vote for it,that's because of David Cameron's fixed term parliament act.

If they vote to make a law to stop a no deal brexit and labour vote against a general election he is in trouble.

He may just ignore the law. Another discussion is to ask for an extension, but the mainly Brexit British component in Strasbourg could veto that!

Meanwhile, Sterling plummets.