Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

8 hours ago, jacko said:

He may just ignore the law. Another discussion is to ask for an extension, but the mainly Brexit British component in Strasbourg could veto that!

Meanwhile, Sterling plummets. 

I don't think they have a veto and the brexit MEPs are 28-9 out of 750.The 27 other countries may have a veto so good luck getting anything by the Irish.

53 minutes ago, yselmike said:

The 27 other countries may have a veto

You suggest all the other member states except the UK have a veto?

Little bit of a reversal currently Sterling/Euro and Sterling/Dollar following what I suggested yesterday. Boris is going to lose control of the house this afternoon thats pretty clear and his second option to call a GE relies on him getting 2/3rds of MPs votes....at the moment he doesnt have it

No deal quite "possibly" is coming off the table for good and if if does Sterling will react northwards and pretty quickly

2 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Little bit of a reversal currently Sterling/Euro and Sterling/Dollar following what I suggested yesterday. Boris is going to lose control of the house this afternoon thats pretty clear and his second option to call a GE relies on him getting 2/3rds of MPs votes....at the moment he doesnt have it

No deal quite "possibly" is coming off the table for good and if if does Sterling will react northwards and pretty quickly

No problem with optimism.... but 'The Deal' has been rejected and the EU unwilling to renegotiate, so another  option is only to extend or repeat the referendum. 

I will avoid the news until tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, jacko said:

You suggest all the other member states except the UK have a veto?

No I'm saying the MEPs via the European parliament don't have a veto,it's countries that can veto some legislation and deals,say after brexit and the UK comes crawling back asking to be readmitted it would mean that all 27 would have to say yes it only needs one say Ireland to veto it.

5 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

The rerun of the Referendum too me seems sensible......

I voted to leave. On the voting paper it didn't say remain and leave with a deal. Just leave. So if there is a second referendum and leave win. Do we have a third vote. 

Edited by tombon

The MP's voted to enact Article 50 which was to leave the EU by a certain date, and if no deal was reached then to leave without one. Several of them seem to have very short memories.

Anyway, this weak Sterling is ripping the arse out of every person wanting to travel at the moment.

I'm still hedging 35.8 at the lowest.

9 hours ago, yselmike said:

No I'm saying the MEPs via the European parliament don't have a veto,it's countries that can veto some legislation and deals,say after brexit and the UK comes crawling back asking to be readmitted it would mean that all 27 would have to say yes it only needs one say Ireland to veto it.

Let us not do politics here. But you are getting ahead of yourself.

Theres the rise in Interbank up 50 Satang from yesterday that I anticipated with no deal on the verge of being removed from the table (edited...it had dropped to 36.67)

666.jpg

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, marleyboy said:

Im there in 3 weeks time.......

Really appreciate these updates.

Sign of the times...but 37 to the pound ...will make me reasonably happy if I can get that!

Well its quite likely that if officially and legally "no deal" is taken off the table (and thats seems highly probable now) I would be very surprised if Sterling/Dollar doesnt rise another 2 cents and probably Sterling/Baht another 60-70 satang off the back of it

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

Well its quite likely that if officially and legally "no deal" is taken off the table (and thats seems highly probable now) I would be very surprised if Sterling/Dollar doesnt rise another 2 cents and probably Sterling/Baht another 60-70 satang off the back of it

Hi,

The talking heads on TV are saying a GE will be a massive gamble. Nonsense, he cant govern until 2022 with a minority. Go for it Boris.:clap2

......and up now to 37.68
Worth actually recalling up to a few months ago Sterling/Dollar was bouncing around $1.32 before talk of no deal became a real possibilty.
No deal is STILL a very real possibility.
If the UK and the remaining EU countries cannot reach an agreement then the Brexit will be without a deal.
The deal that was reached was convincingly rejected by the UK parlament and I don't think the EU can give much more than that.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

I notice they give different rates for larger denomination notes for dollars - does anyone if they do the same for sterling anywhere?

KM

43 minutes ago, keyman said:

I notice they give different rates for larger denomination notes for dollars - does anyone if they do the same for sterling anywhere?

Occasionally, I have succeeded in getting a few Satangs more for 50 GBP notes, but you have to ask and often they are reluctant to agree.