Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

2 hours ago, jacko said:

Well rather than watching BBC Parliament it will be the rugby for me!

Good win over the Aussies ? now back to BBC news ?

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

"Grey" market will open tonight at 23.00 with Sterling down around 100 pips it appears (1 cent) so not too bad but we'll see tomorrow

Appears just to be keeping it's nose above 39 this morning (Thai time). 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, teelack said:

Cummon guys. Let's see a photo of the board for the odd person who is not really interested in sterling!

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

I did one Friday....

3 hours ago, teelack said:

Cummon guys. Let's see a photo of the board for the odd person who is not really interested in sterling!

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

This was last night Monday....

rates.jpg

• Thanks 1

Money Exchange on Soi Diana usually has rates very similar to TT. This is what they were showing at 20:44 today:

Exchange.jpg

Edited by Bazle
Tried to make the image clearer
  • Thanks 2

I'll add  the one I took last night Bazle, a few more currencies, including NZ$ .

20191023_180023.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's not brilliant but it's certainly an improvement on the past few month. 

Hoping sterling will stay pretty stable for the duration of my 3 week trip in a couple of weeks. 

Baring a dead hooker being found in one of the party leaders gaffs before the 12th December GE

4 hours ago, tombon said:

Thailand lowers its interest rate and the £ deprecates against the baht. 

If it was the other way round the £ would sink to the bottom.

I still have confidence that Sterling has some value. Thailand's inflated value, due to a lot of investment for one, is the surprise. Sterling is looking flat at the moment and with a General Election I am expecting it to remain so, outside influences excepting of course. I will post a pic probably Friday.

Edited by jacko
40 minutes ago, tombon said:

Not much impact on the baht by the BOT lowering there interest rate. 

Didn't they do that recently?. Hopefully it'll be cumulative and star to make a difference soon, but then again I'm quite obviously no expert given my recent predictions :D

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Didn't they do that recently?. Hopefully it'll be cumulative and star to make a difference soon, but then again I'm quite obviously no expert given my recent predictions :D

I think the only thing that will devalue the baht is a trade deal between the usa and china. 

In news reports a lot of thai officials are blaming the trade spat between the USA and China as the reason for low exports and lower GDP figures. And other reports say Thailand is one of the winners from the trade spat due to companies moving there operations their. My personal view the latter doesnt make sence to me as lower exports and high baht ties in with there GDP. We would see higher export numbers if companies relocated their. 

Has anyone noticed on the right hand side, the exchange rate for SCP at 37.0/37.5, and the flag of Scotland. Now GBP are exchanging at 38.81/39.2..... Nice little earner there, change 1000 GBP, get 38,810 baht, change back to SCP, and get 1035. Take them home.....

Most cost them more to convert scottish notes. They have the same value in the rest of the uk but I think there not backed by the bank of england as scottish banks issue there own notes. Subject to them holding multiply £1 million notes at the BOE.