Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 244 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Just as a matter of interest......

20200728_114639.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

^^^

Yes Sterling continues to push up against the weakening Dollar in light of negative interest rate chatter and potential Fed stimulus pushing us higher against the Baht

Euro at highest rate for 2 years against the Greenback pushing them higher as well against the Baht

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, Rawhide2 said:

^^^

Yes Sterling continues to push up against the weakening Dollar in light of negative interest rate chatter and potential Fed stimulus pushing us higher against the Baht

Euro at highest rate for 2 years against the Greenback pushing them higher as well against the Baht

I won't pretend to understand anything that you have said but all I can say is that I have noticed a steady improvement over the last couple of weeks .....My health insurance is due next month ...Should I transfer 1,000 quid now or hang on a few weeks ..??

2 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I won't pretend to understand anything that you have said but all I can say is that I have noticed a steady improvement over the last couple of weeks .....My health insurance is due next month ...Should I transfer 1,000 quid now or hang on a few weeks ..??

Overall Baht excahnge rates are rising because Sterling Euro AUD NZD etc are all rising against the USD which is showing weakness. Sterling/Baht could well go higher but I'd be happy to transfer £1000 today if I was in same position.

If it goes to 42 (I dont think it will) then just transfer another £1000 and pound cost average at above 41 as I do on occasions. Least if you transfer £1k over now it locks in a rate we've not seen for some time..

• Thanks 1
Just now, Rawhide2 said:

Overall Baht excahnge rates are rising because Sterling Euro AUD NZD etc are all rising against the USD which is showing weakness. Sterling/Baht could well go higher but I'd be happy to transfer £1000 today if I was in same position.

If it goes to 42 (I dont think it will) then just transfer another £1000 and pound cost average at above 41 as I do on occasions. Least if you transfer £1k over now it locks in a rate we've not seen for some time..

Thanks Mate!

• Upvote 1
Just now, Rawhide2 said:

I've just sent it with Transferwise and got 40.9 with the little arrow thingy pointing down .... My biggest problem now will be trying to keep away from pretty girls until my bill is paid!!!

EDIT = Looking at XE.COM for the last month then I have "gained" 3,000 Baht from the early month low to today's rate !!!

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I've just sent it with Transferwise and got 40.9

This morning the rate is 41.09... but for £1k, with charges, it is still 40.8. I am sitting around for 41 including charges.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 6:35 AM, jacko said:

This morning the rate is 41.09... but for £1k, with charges, it is still 40.8. I am sitting around for 41 including charges.

We are now approaching 41.9 ... I think because the "new" Finance Minister has resigned. Perhaps somebody can give a more accurate explanation of what is going on .....please!

5 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

We are now approaching 41.9 ... I think because the "new" Finance Minister has resigned. Perhaps somebody can give a more accurate explanation of what is going on .....please!

Purely down to Sterling rising once again against the ever weakening USD

Baht itself virtually unmoved against the benchmark USD at 31.20 where its been for some time

Brits increased rate purely down to Sterling strength for once on one side of the currency pairings....

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Because I sent some Sterling over yesterday it is now free to climb to new heights.

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

44.0 by the weekend then !!

Bizarrely thats exactly where we would be if the Baht has stayed at around 33 to the USD where it was for a while at the start of the pandemic. It weakened out quite quickly in February but unfortunately recovered

With Sterling where it is now against that USD we'd actually be seeing 44.30

• Sad 1

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/2/154480/Thai-baht-slides-after-finance-minister-quits?fbclid=IwAR0OU7OR6dImg2V0GuewjPCW67U3prUbtyqaHmLAd30n-HSclBH_uklRnNA

Thai baht slides after finance minister quits

Business | 2 Sep 2020 11:31 am

Thailand’s finance minister resigned less than a month after he took office, injecting more uncertainty into an economy already reeling from its worst crisis in decades.

The currency tumbled the most since July. The resignation of Predee Daochai, a former co-president of Kasikornbank Pcl, will be effective from Wednesday, according to a Royal Gazette announcement Tuesday, Bloomberg reports. Predee, 61, was named as the new finance minister on August 6 and joined Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha’s Cabinet on August 12.

The government did not give a reason for Predee’s resignation, but Thai-language newspaper Krungthep Turakij reported the minister quit because of ill health associated with a stroke he suffered a few years ago. The resignation was not out of any conflict with other government executives, the newspaper reported, citing an interview with Predee.

Prayuth may approach outgoing Bank of Thailand Governor Veerathai Santiprabhob and former president of PTT Pcl Pailin Chuchottaworn to replace Predee, Krungthep reported, citing a source from the government house.

A spokesman for the central bank said he wasn’t aware of Veerathai being approached for the job. The baht tumbled by 0.8 percent to 31.301 per U.S. dollar tosday, the most since July 16.
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Bazle said:

The government did not give a reason for Predee’s resignation, but Thai-language newspaper Krungthep Turakij reported the minister quit because of ill health associated with a stroke he suffered a few years ago. The resignation was not out of any conflict with other government executives, the newspaper reported, citing an interview with Predee.

It would seem apparent that any health issues were already present when he accepted the job!

I just knew I sent that money too soon!

Edited by jacko
  • 8 months later...

Well Bullfrog must be salivating as we sniff the underside of 44 baht/£.......

Highest since 2018....

(Nowt to spend it on.....)

Edited by jacko
25 minutes ago, jacko said:

Well Bullfrog must be salivating as we sniff the underside of 44 baht/£.......

Highest since 2018....

(Nowt to spend it on.....)

I have been monitoring it quite regularly but missed the millisecond yesterday when it got a whisker over the line....I'm patiently waiting for a stronger movement before celebrating !!

Forty Forty Forty Four ...Gneow gneow gneow gneow !!!

13 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I have been monitoring it quite regularly but missed the millisecond yesterday when it got a whisker over the line....I'm patiently waiting for a stronger movement before celebrating !!

Forty Forty Forty Four ...Gneow gneow gneow gneow !!!

And there we have it.......

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, jacko said:

For old times sake....

20210919_102234.jpg

Looks like a TT Exchange.

Didn't they use to give a slightly higher rate for buying the 50 quid note, something like 0.1 higher, similar to the higher rate for the Benjamin compare to other US notes?

Maybe that was SuperRich.

10 hours ago, VPI78 said:

Looks like a TT Exchange.

Didn't they use to give a slightly higher rate for buying the 50 quid note, something like 0.1 higher, similar to the higher rate for the Benjamin compare to other US notes?

Maybe that was SuperRich.

No, to my recollection it has always been the same at TT..... 

It is, as you say, at Superrich.

Edited by jacko
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, martini9946 said:

Hi can anyone update this please

I am not going into town all that often , not much reason. Will get a pic next trip.