Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 270 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

20220522_120834.jpg

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's episode with a couple of reasons why it is worth looking around before changing more than a days spending. Now my quest for the worst rate not a bank And finally, why we are suspi

Never thought I would be pleased to see 41.3   

Today's rates.....

Posted Images

Thats the highest I have seen the dollar against the Baht. Hope the conversion rate is close to that when I get there.
The pics Jacko are post are what you would get at the time the pic was taken.
You can check the rates yourself at TT exchanges homepage.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

When I landed at Swampy on this trip wandered down to the basement level to see if the FX booths down there were open Good news - they are open. Upstairs at arrivals was 39.95 to 1GBP, down there it was at 42.95!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, TheFiend said:

When I landed at Swampy on this trip wandered down to the basement level to see if the FX booths down there were open Good news - they are open. Upstairs at arrivals was 39.95 to 1GBP, down there it was at 42.95!!!

That is a fair old difference.... 7%. Was that Superrich?

On 5/22/2022 at 12:59 PM, americanspiritgold said:

Thats the highest I have seen the dollar against the Baht. Hope the conversion rate is close to that when I get there.

Little known fact. If you're changing large amounts, HAGGLE! Politely of course. Every little helps these days.

17 hours ago, honeypot said:

Little known fact. If you're changing large amounts, HAGGLE! Politely of course. Every little helps these days.

The only place I knew that you could "ask" and for the life me cant remember their trading name (had several branches) but one was upstairs in Tops on Pattaya Klang

Open style of shop and from memory doubled as Travel agent

Bloody dementia is killing me as it did my mother !

Edited lol...."YENGJIT"

Edited by Rawhide2
11 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

The only place I knew that you could "ask" and for the life me cant remember their trading name (had several branches) but one was upstairs in Tops on Pattaya Klang

Open style of shop and from memory doubled as Travel agent

Bloody dementia is killing me as it did my mother !

Edited lol...."YENGJIT"

I have heard of other people doing this so maybe more widespread than you think. On the downside there are many exchange booths that closed during Covid so maybe less competition will affect the willingness of booth operators to do a deal.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2022 at 10:49 PM, TheFiend said:

Good tip. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

20220703_103835.jpg

• 1 month later...

20220807_103522.jpg

I have been told of a new exchange place in town, that competes with and maybe betters the exchange rate offered by TT. Anyone in town want to check that out...? It is called Damini Co Ltd, on Soi Post Office (13/2). Just up from the Post Office itself towards 2nd Rd. 

Edited by jacko
1 hour ago, jacko said:

I have been told of a new exchange place in town, that competes with and maybe betters the exchange rate offered by TT. Anyone in town want to check that out...? It is called Damini Co Ltd, on Soi Post Office (13/2). Just up from the Post Office itself towards 2nd Rd. 

I went there a few weeks ago to see if they would change some US $ which TT were refusing on the basis that they were dirty. Damini said the same. Brought the notes back to London and changed them with absolutely no problem.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Bazle said:

I went there a few weeks ago to see if they would change some US $ which TT were refusing on the basis that they were dirty. Damini said the same. Brought the notes back to London and changed them with absolutely no problem.

London, the centre for dirty money!

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
But were their rates better than TT?

• 2 weeks later...

Drove past a T-T booth today.  Believe they were showing 36.22 to the USD.  36.29 on a credit card purchase.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Odense said:

I wonder if they know something about Denmark that we don't know ourselves (DKK)?

Had not noticed that... planning to join the Euro?

Had not noticed that... planning to join the Euro?
Not as far as I know. But the DKK is closely linked to the EUR.

5 hours ago, Odense said:

I wonder if they know something about Denmark that we don't know ourselves (DKK)?

It was the same four weeks ago but only in the weekend. This time it has been since Thursday.