Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

This doesn't come up very often, it's the process of avoiding dentures by replacing all teeth with a set of implants (4 to 6 per upper and lower jaw) and a large bridge on the upper and lower jaw. I got a price of $20,000 USD from my American dentist today. And that's for an incomplete job, it only includes 10 top teeth and 10 bottom teeth. And the bastard didn't bother to tell me that. He just let me think I was getting a full set of teeth. When I got home, I remembered that he once quoted me $10,000 USD total for 10 top teeth and 10 bottom teeth, so he's obviously capable of doing this work at a much lower price.

Also, he makes you wait 3 months after the lower implants are done, and 6 months after the upper implants are done, to get the bridges, you're supposed to wear dentures in the interim. I find that a completely unacceptable "cover your ass" on his part. Some dentists in the US do everything in a day, plus do a full set of teeth, but from what I've heard, the prices are even more obscene. So, I'm looking for a Pattaya alternative.

In a nutshell, I need:

• A Dentist with a solid reputation for full mouth reconstruction.
  • A Dentist that does all the work in a day, or perhaps a week.
  • A Dentist that does a full set of teeth, molars to front teeth to molars, upper and lower.
  • A Dentist that, compared to American standards, is reasonably priced.

And please, no lectures on why I have to do this your way. My mind is already made up. What I'm seeking is the expertise of the members of this board on how to make this happen.

Thank you!

Edited by AWSAFM

I am not attempting to lecture you or tell you how to proceed with your dental health, but it appears from your above post that you have not fully researched dental implants.

To think that you could have a "Full mouth reconstruction" in a day is pure and simple fantasy. Having looked into implants (both stateside and otherwise) I would say a year for what you want is fairly quick and $20k is a ball park figure.

Good luck in your quest for a one day/cut-rate procedure. You are going to need it!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/dental-implant-surgery/basics/what-you-can-expect/PRC-20009052

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Please note that the article you cited is 4 years old. Things change rapidly in health care.

From what I've been reading, a year is an outrageously high time estimate, the slowest I've seen stateside is 6 months.

I went to Clear Choice, the number 1 provider of this kind of work in the US. They literally do it in a day. They accomplish this by using an upper and lower temporary bridge (not a denture). The bridge is unscrewed and permenant bridges screwed in place after 8 months. They use 14 teeth per jaw (2 molars per jaw). I'm so desperate to get this vice grip called a partial denture out of my mouth that if I had done just a little better on the financing, I would have made my first appointment on the spot.

So the good news on Clear Choice is time, they really do it in a day. The bad news is that someone has to pay for all that advertising, and that someone is the customer. They even rape you on insurance, the first form you sign, even before consent. says (paraphrased): "We do not take, or even discuss, dental insurance. Medicare? Fuck you. Medicaid? Fuck you. Major Medical? Fuck you."

The price was $40,000. And that is what brings health care travelers to places like the Carribean and Thailand: the need for 21st century health care at a price that doesn't leave you needing anal lube. $40,000 is obscene. If I can find a similar service in Pattaya (or Bangkok or Central American or the Carribean), at a much more reasonable price, I would say around $15,000, since I'll have to pay airfare and hotel and food and make a return trip, I will absolutely do it, and give clear choice a clear look at my raised middle finger. This is capitalism, and providing good service at a better cost is how you earn business.

So, hopefully someone is out there, that does what Clear Choice does, and does it at Pattaya prices.

Edited by AWSAFM

So, hopefully someone is out there, that does what Clear Choice does, and does it at Pattaya prices.

I think it is unlikely you are going to get the info you are requesting here or any of the other Pattaya boards.

Have you considered sending your bullet points to Pattaya International Hospital and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya?

Edited by Bazle

Please note that the article you cited is 4 years old. Things change rapidly in health care.

From what I've been reading, a year is an outrageously high time estimate, the slowest I've seen stateside is 6 months.

I went to Clear Choice, the number 1 provider of this kind of work in the US. They literally do it in a day.

You are free to believe what you will.

Unless you have already had the "implants" (titanium screws implanted into your jaw, healed and fused to the bone), you cannot have this done in a single day.

It is possible of course for Clear Choice to have developed a radical new medical procedure to heal bone in a single day that has not yet made it to the medical review periodicals, but I seriously doubt it as all the news outlets would be abuzz.

Again, I wish you all the best in your quest!

• Upvote 3

Obviously costs vary but my dentist is quoting about $4500 per implant, including crown. The wait is 6 months for the titanium and the bone to fuse and then you get the impression for the crown, which is 'delivered' in a week or so. If they did their own crowns I'm guessing there could be a one-day turn-around for that.

Well, just went to the Clear Choice site and the one-day thing is a temporary set of teeth. Didn't delve far enough into their site to see the healing time but guessing it's the standard 6 months and they are only putting in 8 implants (4 upper and 4 lower) which tells me they are going to either pin or fuse the crowns together. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing as I've had an implant that's held up for going on 35 years where the crown is pinned to the crown next to it. Only issue is flossing has to be done with a threader because of the pin.

Anyway, you won't be getting permanent teeth in one day and even the one day thing still depends on if you need bone grafts, which will add at least 6 months to your one-day temporary set-up. And I'd personally be very very careful with my biting and chewing until the posts are fully fused.

Best of luck to you. Having dealt with biting food with the sides of my mouth rather than using my front teeth for years, my implant has been a true blessing.

Edited by brotherbuzz

One of the storefront dental clinics in Jomtien has it posted in their front window that they do implants from 45,000 baht.

• 1 year later...
Did you already go for it? If so, where in Pattaya as I suggest that you have it done in BKK if you can. I'd like to recommend Thantakit Dental. My buddy had his full mouth reconstruction with them and they offered a payment plan. Free hotel transfers and warranties too. I also had two root canal treatments back in June with them and my experience was positive overall. I feel like any dentist in Pattaya is good for minor cleaning but for a major and serious procedure such as this, best to go to the best. Cheers.
  • Upvote 1

If you want a full set you need minimum 6 implants in the top and minimum six in the bottom,if you have 3-4 it will support 10 teeth that's just the way it works,The implants have to bond with your jaw that takes 3-6 months that's just the way it works.You need to be a non smoker if you smoke a good dentist probably won't treat you.I have just had my first implant put in and will have to wait up to six months to see if it bonds then I will start the process of losing the bridges and having them replaced with implants,I am looking to have 3/4 upper same lower that will give me almost a full mouth as my hygienist said I have a small mouth.If you need extractions they may have to heal before implants can go in,whatever its gonna cost time and money,on the plus side it was surprisingly pain free.good luck.

Not counting two wisdom teeth which were impacted, I have all the teeth I had on 20th birthday. Thank God for small favors.