Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya to Ban Chang Options

It is a long while since the options have been listed here and I would appreciate an update.

I like to get to Ban Chang but other than regular bar crawls I have found this an expensive proposition. Has anyone been there recently using a bus or a cab?

I stopped at one of those kiosks last month and asked for a price and was given 1000 baht one way. I have had a cab back and that was 700 baht. I really wouldn't mind going during the day by bus or mini van and would appreciate any up dates on methods of getting there/back and pricing. Also any cab pricing.

I normally drive myself but on the rare occasion that I fly in, a friend of mine arranges for a private car to take us down. You can check at Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien. He has a driver that you could probably use. With three guys it cost us 300 baht each. Many of the hotels have drivers that would be willing to drive down.

It is a long while since the options have been listed here and I would appreciate an update.

I like to get to Ban Chang but other than regular bar crawls I have found this an expensive proposition. Has anyone been there recently using a bus or a cab?

I stopped at one of those kiosks last month and asked for a price and was given 1000 baht one way. I have had a cab back and that was 700 baht. I really wouldn't mind going during the day by bus or mini van and would appreciate any up dates on methods of getting there/back and pricing. Also any cab pricing.

I've been told there are buses and vans you can catch on Sukhimvit that go to Ban Chang. A friend does it for less than 200 baht...don't recall the exact cost.

This is a more complete answer about bus service to Ban Chang in a thread you started back in 2011.

there are other ways to get from Pattaya to Utapao airport without paying expensive taxi or via the AirAsia minibus, those other ways is what's been running for many many years that the locals use to get there, l did it & it cost only 100baht & took an hour, but l only had carry on luggage so if u have lots of luggage u should probably get a taxi or the AirAsia minibus.

forever & a day has always been running very frequent minibuses running along Sukhumvit rd going to Rayong, from where they start l have no idea, maybe from Bangkok or maybe from ChonBuri, anyhow along the route they stop at all intersections to drop off or pick up passengers, usually stopping near a motorbiketaxi stand, l recently hopped on 1 near corner of S'vit rd & PattayaNua going southbound, l only waited 5 minutes before 1 suddenly stopped & sliding door opened, so l said to driver "BanChang" & paid 60baht only, along the way l seen many same minibuses traveling north & southbound, they are frequent & regular, after about 40minutes it veered left after passing Sattahip, l then looked out the windscreen until l seen we approaching a big intersection with a big green sign showing Rayong straight & Utapao airport right arrow, as l knew the minibus is going straight to Rayong l hopped out there where it stopped opposite a 7/11 before the big intersection, l then approached a nearby motorbiketaxi stand while waiving 40baht & saying "airport" l was at Utapao airport 10 minutes later, total trip time 1 hour, but depending on traffic.

• Upvote 1