Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Barcode: Turkish restaurant on 3rd street

Lamb meat balls, hummus and pita...the perfect combination for my very own taste....Mehmet all the times photoes a whole all you can eat buffet when promote his meals, so I had some doubts about the size of the meal... but when I saw the 4 pieces, nicely sized meatballs on the fire my doubts evaporated...

bc1.jpg

The hummus... I like the hummus as a meal, but it wasnt something I expected... first of all it was hot... WTF ? Guys and gals.... it was fantastic, the very best hummus I ever tried in my life... Mehmet explained it was the turkish version, not the well known lebanese...

bc3.jpg

The meatballs... I’m not an easy pleased guy, but again... fantastic... the srong lamb flavor, not dry, but juicy, the taste of the fire on it...it was minced on the perfect consistency ( I hate when the minced meat is a cream ) MMMMmmmmm.... The salsa ... nothing else I can say again... faboulous, full with mediterranean flavors, herbs... and also big enough portion on the plate.

bc2.jpg

bc4.jpg

bc5.jpg

Well... about the pita bread... it was OK, but I felt it a little bit raw, despite in front of my eyes was baked in the grill... maybe not enough. I just tried the pilaf rice and the turkish mash ( trying to be on the diet ) and they were also nicely made.

All in all I ate one pita from the two, the hummus, the meatballs and the salsa and I felt after the lunch, I will explode, I’m so full.

The whole menu was 300 baht including a small bottled cola / sprite / water.

Verdict: Highly recommended, it was worth to walk in the heat...

PS: As usual I wanted to sit outside... a personal fan very soon arrived to cool my body... first class service.

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I went there a couple of days ago. The owner Mehmet is a very cordial guy, and he is happy to explain what is in each order.

There were 4 of us, and we all opted for the lamb meatballs, 2 of us ordered hummus.

I did feel the lamb meatballs were a bit drier than I preferred and have to agree about the pita bread. I prefer the "Arabian bread" I get at Lebanese Palace. The pita bread was a bit spongy, which I didn't care for, preferring a more solid texture.

The hummus was good, though mine wasn't spicy to my taste.

EDIT:

Sorry about the orientation of the two portrait mode photos. They look fine on my PC, but Invision doesn't handle them correctly.

2016-10-16 14.40.48.jpg

2016-10-16 14.41.16.jpg

2016-10-16 14.53.38.jpg

Edited by MM
comment about orientation

MM, the presentation in your pics of the same meal and those of Gabor, look VASTLY different. Is it just me or do I have some agreement here?

There are several ways to lay out 4 meatballs, so I wouldn't make much of that, but Gabor's plate did have more items than mine.

It's his charm and elan that account for the difference, I suppose.

I probably paid more for mine too!

There are several ways to lay out 4 meatballs, so I wouldn't make much of that, but Gabor's plate did have more items than mine.

It's his charm and elan that account for the difference, I suppose.

I probably paid more for mine too!

I think we ate two different dishes... your probably was ordered from the menu, mine was a special set lunch menu... They publish every day, their daily specials on the FB.

Is it really on Third Road? TripAdvisor (which has been known to have out-of-date locations) puts Bar Code on Soi Siam Country Club, not far from Lake Mabprachan.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d10021360-Reviews-Barcode_Turkish_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/barcode-for-turkish-delight-55801

Is it really on Third Road? TripAdvisor (which has been known to have out-of-date locations) puts Bar Code on Soi Siam Country Club, not far from Lake Mabprachan.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d10021360-Reviews-Barcode_Turkish_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/barcode-for-turkish-delight-55801

He closed the old location. Use Google Maps for an accurate location.