Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Server switch to be scheduled sometime soon

In collaboration with a couple of other helpful BMs, the server will be switched over to another platform in the next two weeks.

The switch day depends to a great extent on all parties not being hungover and awake of the day of the switch, including yours truly :P

When the switch occurs, I will announce it beforehand in this section, but the warning will be brief, as I need to shut down the current server to synchronize files and databases to the new server. Once that is done, we will switch to the new server without losing any messages.

So, be aware that at some time in the next two weeks, it could be a day, or a week, or two weeks, as I said, depending on the availability of the collaborators, we will be offline for a while.

• Upvote 1

In collaboration with a couple of other helpful BMs, the server will be switched over to another platform in the next two weeks.

The switch day depends to a great extent on all parties not being hungover and awake of the day of the switch, including yours truly :P

When the switch occurs, I will announce it beforehand in this section, but the warning will be brief, as I need to shut down the current server to synchronize files and databases to the new server. Once that is done, we will switch to the new server without losing any messages.

So, be aware that at some time in the next two weeks, it could be a day, or a week, or two weeks, as I said, depending on the availability of the collaborators, we will be offline for a while.

For grins, call the 2016 POTUS election right after 08 November voting begins, either Hill or Trump will do, and get the conspiracy crowd worked up. Then shut her down.

Edited by SimplySam

I have gotten the "team" together, and it looks like we'll do the switch tomorrow morning (2 Nov) local Thai time.

The server will be offline for a while (hour or two).

We will switch the DNS (IP address lookup) to the new server during that time.

You will get no responses for a while or FORUM OFFLINE messages until we activate the copied databases.

If the forum continues to not respond or timeout, do a REFRESH on your browser window to re-acquire the IP address of the forum.

If that doesn't work, and if you are running Windows, open a command prompt in administrative mode and type ipconfig /flushdns

If you are reading this, you have successfully reached the new server.

Please report any observed problems in this thread.

• Upvote 3

When I try to use the quote function, I get an error message "You do not have permission for this action."

When I try to use the quote function, I get an error message "You do not have permission for this action."

That's not something I have noticed. Perhaps you need to refresh your cache or even delete your pattayatalk cache.

That's not something I have noticed. Perhaps you need to refresh your cache or even delete your pattayatalk cache.

Good now. Quien sabe

Had a few issues with 'Go To First Unread' with 'Service Unavailable' responses, but not 100%

Other than that things are looking pretty good.