Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

AIS cheap mobile phone special at Big C

The missus just bought two mobiles for 93 baht each. Each comes with 400 baht worth of talk time.

These mobiles are cheap and basic, but if you're here and want a cheap way to text and call, get down there ASAP.

I don't know how long this will last.

The package...

15078521_1504397676254870_5734234170945027679_n.jpg

The mobiles..

15181196_1504397699588201_1770256108748531066_n.jpg

The receipts...70 baht and 23 baht...I haven't bothered to get this translated, but this is just to show it's real.

2016-11-21 16.07.45.jpg

2016-11-21 16.07.52.jpg

• Upvote 2

The translations will be interesting.

I am a great believer in that you don't get "aught for naught", so I think there is a catch here somewhere. Perhaps it locks you into a monthly contract.

The translations will be interesting.

I am a great believer in that you don't get "aught for naught", so I think there is a catch here somewhere. Perhaps it locks you into a monthly contract.

Can't see how since she only paid the 93 baht for each one.

I think perhaps AIS acquired a bunch of out-of-date mobiles for a very good price, and on the off chance the buyer would become a customer and buy more time after the initial allotment of 400 baht was consumed, they priced the phones at cost or even with a small profit.

She is giving one to each of her parents. They will probably use them, maybe not. Gets me off the hook for some possible future request to buy her parents phones.

She is giving one to each of her parents. They will probably use them, maybe not. Gets me off the hook for some possible future request to buy her parents phones.

...and nicely timed to cover Xmas presents....